• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorn Dungeon Dead - no more spawn??

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my son recently started playing UO and he was talking to one of his sisters and she told him to go to Blackthorns Dungeon and farm the stuff there, was good training plus you get the drops for turn-in.
so he asked me where it was, I logged in to show him, went in..... no spawn!
i ran around, no hell hounds, no evil mages, no collector of souls, no dragons or drakes, no exodus minions or overseers or Golden elementals or even Lichs.
nothing! no spawn!

is this all still turned off from the fellowship event 2 years ago?
if so, boooo!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my son recently started playing UO and he was talking to one of his sisters and she told him to go to Blackthorns Dungeon and farm the stuff there, was good training plus you get the drops for turn-in.
so he asked me where it was, I logged in to show him, went in..... no spawn!
i ran around, no hell hounds, no evil mages, no collector of souls, no dragons or drakes, no exodus minions or overseers or Golden elementals or even Lichs.
nothing! no spawn!

is this all still turned off from the fellowship event 2 years ago?
if so, boooo!
The city pods all that's left but with a group it's ridiculously easy to farm the drops

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea, I was disappointed as well. The EJ runebook you get with the pack even has a rune to there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes they made it ridiculously easy to get drops there with a group. No more afk farmers.

The devs should be punished for such a horrible thing.

And yes it was years ago this happened.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They turned it off to stop afk scripting in the wolf room... as we all know a certain someone who was doing near 24/7 on multiple shards... they put the kibosh on that. Good on them... sucks for everyone else but that's what happens when people feel the need to ruin things for everyone else because of their own greed. Tis what it tis now... you can thank the afk script bots.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Balron room was awesome for karma and fame and fel level 3 maps. And the golden elemental room was amazing for ore and ingots.
But alas, one can't have nice, fun things in this game.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Balron room was awesome for karma and fame and fel level 3 maps. And the golden elemental room was amazing for ore and ingots.
But alas, one can't have nice, fun things in this game.
And I could lure an ancient dragon to the hitching post for taming pretty easy. Mass liches too... And the Earth eles dropping artifacts instead of getting nothing from New Haven mines...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, Blackthorn's Artifacts are even easier to get now than before, so long as you're in a group. Everyone damaging the Captains is guaranteed 1-3 Minax Artifacts per Captain. I'll dual client my Disco/Tamer with his RC+AP Fire Beetle and my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © with his 120 Disco+CB Triton (this debuff combo causes the Captains to absolutely melt, even with the Captains/Minions being immune to Disco) when running guild hunts in Blackthorns, and in 1-1.5 hours i end up with 70-110 Minax Artifacts between the two chars. I have more than 2,000 Minax Artifact points saved up between 4+ chars, and already have all the Blackthorn's Artifacts that i want on all my chars.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's RC? AP? CB?
RC is not Rising Colossus here, and I won't even guess at the others.
RC is Rune Corruption. It halves the victim's Resists for 4 seconds, only Beetles can learn it, and it's an extremely powerful debuff. AP is Armor Pierce. It ignores half the opponent's Resists for that attack, and applies a +10% Damage Taken debuff for 3 secs to the victim. CB is Conductive Blast. It deals a small amount of Energy Damage, and halves the victim's Energy Resist for about 4-5 seconds. Death Ray applies a -10 Energy Resist debuff, even capable of taking it into the negatives.
All of these debuffs stack with each other, which makes a boss melt like butter when an entire group is attacking it, especially with Energy Damage.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Honestly, the blackthorn drops from the spawn were of no significance for me. Nice if I got one, but whatever. The fast spawn that allowed for a hearty supply ingots, the fel maps from the balrons, the karma and the fame is what I enjoyed the most.
If I needed bt drops, I would go slaughter captains instead.
It was a pretty darn nice training grounds for characters as well, so I miss it. If they were to add the spawn back, but without BT drops, I would rejoice.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Honestly, the blackthorn drops from the spawn were of no significance for me. Nice if I got one, but whatever. The fast spawn that allowed for a hearty supply ingots, the fel maps from the balrons, the karma and the fame is what I enjoyed the most.
If I needed bt drops, I would go slaughter captains instead.
It was a pretty darn nice training grounds for characters as well, so I miss it. If they were to add the spawn back, but without BT drops, I would rejoice.
Yea, I don't think many end game players understand how useful Blackthorn's was. It was a way better New Haven. And I got so many clean up points from the gold ingots.