• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Blackthorn Artifacts

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still looking to buy these artifacts. I'll take as many as you have. Thank you!

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I haven’t learned how to get these but that’s something I should learn soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
random drops from killing anything in the Blackthorn dungeon.
that's one way...very tedious and boring, which is why usually people try to afk farm this way.

the much quicker and much less boring way is killing the blackthorn captains in the city pods all the way in the northern part of the dungeon. each one has a guaranteed drop of 2 artifacts.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Can these come from the gold elemental s there? I haven’t found any on them and I have never been able to kill one of those captains :(

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can these come from the gold elemental s there? I haven’t found any on them and I have never been able to kill one of those captains :(

Yes, even killing a rat can generate one, it automatically goes in your back pack and the giant ice blue words appear on the screen "you got an artifact". Obviously the harder the creature the higher the odds of receiving one and I do think it's a build up, I have slayed GDs and Balrons for awhile, then finished off with a pile o' Eles and scored one. But, regardless of what you're killing the rate is slow as hell. Many of times I used to visit and do all that stuff mentioned and leave with no arty, so it really is a grind. Hence Max's advice that leads to a guaranteed 2. Which it should cause it prolly takes about two normal players to take one down lol, or 1 Max *shivers*

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
someone claimed that the spawn rate of these artifacts was seemingly based on the ammount of gold the killed monsters had - they got an artifact about every 45k gold. I found this to be rather accurate in the past. Now if you make that gold by killing balrons or giant rats doesn't really matter, depending on your skill and template one or the other might be the faster method. Everything killed in that dungeon will eventually drop an artifact. Every once in a while I saw people down there trying to afk farm those artifacts. The most popular room to do this was the gold elemental room you mentioned. Some also used the evil mage room. They stopped after being killed a bunch of times...

I noticed that the drop rate of artis was lowered about 2 years ago. Before that I was able to get about 4 drops per hour killing the evil mage spawn, now I can get about 2 artis per hour from there. I mainly did this to get fame for raising sacrifice and saw the artis as a nice sideeffect.

When really farming for the artifacts you wanna kill the captains.
The captains are easy to kill on dexxers (1-5 minutes per captain depending on type) and ok to kill on tamers (10-20 minutes per captain depending on type). With the right weapons (or pet) and template it's really not that hard to do.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
someone claimed that the spawn rate of these artifacts was seemingly based on the ammount of gold the killed monsters had - they got an artifact about every 45k gold. I found this to be rather accurate in the past. Now if you make that gold by killing balrons or giant rats doesn't really matter, depending on your skill and template one or the other might be the faster method. Everything killed in that dungeon will eventually drop an artifact. Every once in a while I saw people down there trying to afk farm those artifacts. The most popular room to do this was the gold elemental room you mentioned. Some also used the evil mage room. They stopped after being killed a bunch of times...

I noticed that the drop rate of artis was lowered about 2 years ago. Before that I was able to get about 4 drops per hour killing the evil mage spawn, now I can get about 2 artis per hour from there. I mainly did this to get fame for raising sacrifice and saw the artis as a nice sideeffect.

When really farming for the artifacts you wanna kill the captains.
The captains are easy to kill on dexxers (1-5 minutes per captain depending on type) and ok to kill on tamers (10-20 minutes per captain depending on type). With the right weapons (or pet) and template it's really not that hard to do.
See I should have you train me so then you can come and get free ones when you kill me :) see a win win for both of us... unless you kill me every 5 minutes lol which I have never seen you do to me before

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Also of note, if you stop moving for about 4 or 5 min and just hide in one spot, you'll be dropped into one of the cells and gassed, so I think they fixed the afk problem at least in that dungeon. I personally don't ever bother doing anything afk unless hitting the bathroom or grabbing a fresh beer, but I have sat to long in one spot and been sent to the gas prison cells about 3x. I've gotten better now at shuffling around a bit to avoid that mishap. If someone truly were afk they would definitely come back ghosted, I've never died from the cell drop cause being right there I killed the cell monsters and moved to fresh air fast. I completely concur with everything Max has put forward on the subject, he has vastly more experience with the rates, hell I'm too lazy to shoot for 45k and usually only stayed down there about 20k worth o' work, which would make perfect sense with what Max says cause I got an arty bout every 3rd visit.