• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blacksmithing/mining/arms lore questions

U

Unspoken

Hi there! I´m new on this forum and i´ve read that arms lore give you a 5% extra DI on exceptional weapons and 5 random armor on pieace of armor, thats true?? other question, Has mining something to do with BS? I mean in terms of success and exceptional rating, because if not i would prefer to get it out because i cant get all skills in the same char :S.

Here goes my BS teamplate and tell my if im wrong with something.
120 BS
120 Tailoring
100 Carpenter
100 Fletching
100 arms lore
100 tinkering
60 magery

If mining were needed to craft BS stuff, could I get carpenter out and get it up in another char??

Thx a lot for helping me ^^

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mining is not really needed for bs. It helps a lot during working on bs (for smelting the crafted items).
My smith has turned pretty the same as yours now. Only that I have a raised skill cap and have magery therefore at 75. (Cant wait the two more months to pass to add 5 music to mine.)
Additional to my smith i am working on a miner/lumberjack to collect the needed resources. Hes doing well and even hunted his first valourite elemental down.

C

Chameleon

I'm working my crafter towards this templete too.

except that i'm still deciding about the skill points to put for magery and music,
as in how low can i bring my music to.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Music can be lowered to 5 or 0. Depending on the race of your char and how much money you want to invest into it.

- ring: +15 music
- bracelet: +15 music
(You dont need any other good/expensive mods on the jewelry, so that shouldnt bee too expensive. I needed several hours searching through vendors before i found a matching pair.)
As an elf:
- song woven mantle: + 10 music (not that cheap but since it is an craftable artifact, tis not too hard to get. Especially if you have collected the heartwood recipes by your own.)
- singing axe: +5 music
As a human (elf works too):
- fishing pole with +10 music and +5 real skillpoints
- fishing pole with +15 music
- or any match that gives +15 music of fishing pole + real skillpoints
A fitting fishing pole is harder to come by. Dont think, too many ppl will try to burn heartwood runic carpenter tools to get one.
Compromise:
Soulstone one skill from your crafter, get +30 music on jewelry (or as high as you can get), get a singing axe and train/buy the missing needed skillpoints from a bard-npc every time you want to craft some instruments.

G

What role does Music play on a Smith. This is the first I have heard of this and it sounds interesting.

G

There is also a Library Talisman that gives a +5 to music.

Life of the Traveling Minstrel

G

<blockquote><hr>

My crafter is a human so the mantle is out.
well.. didn't think of the fishing pole. That is an interesting area to look into.
Singing axe only offer +5 but if i can find a fishing pole for +15 with +30 for bracelet and ring. Wow.. my crafter would be perfect!

Duncan, having music along with other crafting skill (i think it's carpentry) allows you to craft exceptional music instrument.
If i remember correctly, it's easier to bard creatures using exceptional instrument.
It's a pity crafter can't make slayer instruments though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So as little as 5 Music will do it?

G

Carpenters only need 45 points of music to make instruments. Any way you get there is fine.

Ring +15
Bracelet +15
Singing Axe +5
Minstrel Tali +5
Song Woven Mantle +10 (Elf Only)

Other items:
Mark of Travesty =10 music and Bard skill possible but random

G

If I could find jewelry that would be the only way I could get music. On top of every other skill Music was not on my list . Too many needed skills too little skill cap.

G

That's a nice site, the only problem is they want you to actually spend RL money for game items. Kinda takes out the fun of playing the game.

G

Sure, they want you too, but you don't have to. That's the shadiest aspect of the site, because they don't control the items on vendors. I don't know how they actually pull that off. The trigger price seems to be around 6 million.

Just look at where the item is for sale and get it yourself. You can find some amazing deals on there, and it's drivign Luna prices down.

J

Jhym

Mining is mostly useful if you : smelt garbage weapons and armor; like to mine your own ore to smith immediately.

If you really don't want to keep it on the character, one option is to use two soulstones, stone mining to one and keep the other open. then stone off another skill (like carpentry) when you need to go mining.

If you want another character with mining, that works too, but I find having smithing and mining together works very well for my purposes.

I have to say I find it amusing you call it "BS". You may not be aware of the other meaning of that. I always call it smithing

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sure, they want you too, but you don't have to. That's the shadiest aspect of the site, because they don't control the items on vendors. I don't know how they actually pull that off. The trigger price seems to be around 6 million.

Just look at where the item is for sale and get it yourself. You can find some amazing deals on there, and it's driving Luna prices down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only clicked on one link when i was there. After reading this post I went back and saw the other links. Now I see how conveinent it can be to use that site to shop. Buying game stuff out of your pocket is a bit shady. Still the ingame vendors are getting some good prices for what they sell. Makes me think there is a chance for smithing yet. I'll make sure to bookmark thsi site.

G

My main crafter is set up like this

120 smith
120 tailor
100 magery
100 mining
100 armslore
100 carpentry
100 Tinkering
50 music

I soulstone armslore or mining depending on what i am doing.

I have what i call a jack of all trades guy for other crafting stuff
100 fletching
100 poisoning
100 alchemy
100 mining
100 lumberjacking
100 Smith
100 carpentry
20 hiding - dont ask

Of course I have multiple accounts and prolly 5 different crafting templates. But this is in reference to your question about smithing.

S

sorner

Your template is exactly like mine.

I recently converted my BS into an all purpose crafter and gave up mining. I then created a miner with some archery and a good bow for gargoyle pickaxe-ele hunting/protection. worked pretty good until I had an exceptional colored ore BOD. I filled the BOD and smelted the non-exceptional items. Attempted to, that is. Doh!

Funny that my crafter can turn ingots into intricate weapons and armor, but can't melt down intricate weapons and armor into simple blocks of metal!

So now, I have to dump the items to smelt into a chest. When I sign on as the miner, I can then smelt. This two-step process is the only limitation I see.

C

Chameleon

What would be a good templete for doing mining &amp; lumberjacking and also able to fight elemental?

i haven't been using the gargolye pickaxe as my miner is not a fighter.

L

Lilac Crypt

Mining 100
Lumberjacking 100
Swordsmanship 100+ - with swords and lumberjack, if you heft an axe there is a damage bonus.
Tactics 90-100, just so you get the most damage and both special moves.
Healing 80-100
Anatomy 80-100, so you get the most damage AND the most healing for yourself.

The last skill choice is up to you, depending on how you play, in my lil created template.

Chivalry (means you don't have to rely on recall scrolls to get around.)
Bushido - using honor on stuff without reflection would drop it double fast
Parry - you don't get hit with a lot of the attacks intended to take yer head clean off.
Spellweaving - (new concept) I've not made one into a mining template, but it might work quite nicely. Totally theoretical.

Arm your swordsman miner with an earth elemental slaying axe.. and you're good to go against all but copper elementals and valorite elementals.

C

Chameleon

Thanks for sharing the templete.
Is archery better for the ele hunting?

wondering if it's more effective to soulstone between mining and LJ
both parry and bushido looks useful to have on templete.
having enough Chiv to sacred journey is definitly more convenient.

L

Lilac Crypt

I always forget that folks figure soulstones into a template nowadays. (Jeezly, I'm old.)

However.. if you try and go with archery, you'll need to do a double stone switch of skills, since your lumberjacking skill won't give you a bonus with that weapon.

That means you'd have to trade off both swordsmanship AND lumberjacking, which would be silly to do every time. Newp.. if you want to stone a skill in order to kill ore elementals, it should be only lumberjacking, imo. Ore elementals are really not all that hard to kill if you have decent armor, the proper slayer weapon, and at least one skilled method of healing.

Heck, you may not need to stone lumberjacking off. Gear yourself up, and try a shadow elemental once you've gotten your skills up.

There's a chance you might do too MUCH damage to copper and valorite elementals with your additional damage from lumberjacking with an axe attack, but test it out on other eles first.