• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] blacksmith gloves of mining

E

elspeth

was wondering if anyone's tried to unravel the blacksmith gloves of mining that are bod rewards, +1, +3 and +5 varieties?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never tried it. But i know for a fact that newly gotten gloves can be imbued. That means you can unravel them. I had tons of gloves from bods before i lacked the time to play for a couple years. When i started playing again non of my old gloves where imbuable. I'd bet that you cant unravel gloves older than the SA pack.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been unsucessful unraveling the leather mining gloves and suspect the ringmail gloves will be likewise. But you can imbue them. My miner wears a pair so he doesn't need to switch gear mining and smelting on the fire beetle.

E

elspeth

I have been unsucessful unraveling the leather mining gloves and suspect the ringmail gloves will be likewise. But you can imbue them. My miner wears a pair so he doesn't need to switch gear mining and smelting on the fire beetle.
This was at 120 skill I assume? What message did you get when you tried? I have been afraid to try because I'm not even at 75 skill yet.

I guess these are clean up items then. Sad that the prospector's tool is worth less than a point for cleanup but the gloves are decent. This is another item which oughtta be worth a bit more since bodders are constantly just dropping them on the ground, littering and making for very ugly blacksmith shops. At least 25-50 pts to make it worth our while to carry em to a trashcan eh?

Interesting that the old gloves can't be imbued. I wonder if it has something to do with the resists. My old pair of gloves that I've been using for a while has resists 6/6/3/8/4
and the two new pair of +5 gloves that I just got each have resists of 3/3/1/5/3.

Also, I'm very curious what you imbued your gloves with. What is it that you need for smelting on beetle?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting that the old gloves can't be imbued. I wonder if it has something to do with the resists. My old pair of gloves that I've been using for a while has resists 6/6/3/8/4 and the two new pair of +5 gloves that I just got each have resists of 3/3/1/5/3.
Sounds like your old gloves were enhanced, if they were enhanced before SA was released then they can't be imbued. You can enhance your new gloves now though, and then imbue them.

Also, I'm very curious what you imbued your gloves with. What is it that you need for smelting on beetle?
I've enhanced mine with valorite and then imbued them with LRC, LMC, HPR, SR, MR

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was at 120 skill I assume? What message did you get when you tried? I have been afraid to try because I'm not even at 75 skill yet.

I guess these are clean up items then. Sad that the prospector's tool is worth less than a point for cleanup but the gloves are decent. This is another item which oughtta be worth a bit more since bodders are constantly just dropping them on the ground, littering and making for very ugly blacksmith shops. At least 25-50 pts to make it worth our while to carry em to a trashcan eh?

Interesting that the old gloves can't be imbued. I wonder if it has something to do with the resists. My old pair of gloves that I've been using for a while has resists 6/6/3/8/4
and the two new pair of +5 gloves that I just got each have resists of 3/3/1/5/3.

The item doesn't have enough magical properties to unravel. The old gloves can't be imbued because they were enhanced prior to Stygian Abyss and I have a few pair like that. Ones that are enhanced after SA can be imbued. I imbued my gloves with resists and other stuff as part of my suit to kill ore elementals. I did it long ago but if you really want to know I can go look and tell you.

eta Yes I am 120 imbuing.