• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Blacksmith Gain Question

ViscidSix

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am training Blacksmithing and i was wondering that if i would gain better wearing a Blacksmith talisman with +% exepctional and Blacksmith bonus or without.

Thanks

D

Drazasamus

what lvl smithing are you at?

i kept my success chance between 50-60% as much as possible, and only used 40k ingots between 50 and gm.(there were times i had to make stuff in the 40% success tho)

ViscidSix

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im at 116.2 making royal circlets. So far my Blacksmithing has gone extremely well only used 31423 ingots to get 49.9-116.2 so im wondering if thats because of tally or if tally doesnt effect or if tally is better left off late into training.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some tests seem to indicate it's better to use a talisman with only an exceptional bonus - but that could just be superstition combined with weird runs on the RNG. The normal bonus from the talisman isn't SUPPOSED to affect skill gain, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

ViscidSix

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i got to 120 from 49.9 with 42k ingots using a 16 exceptional 17 bonus tally. I dunno if thats better than usual or worse but thats what i got.