• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackrock Automation?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone built a Blackrock Automation on Test Center 1? Or knows how many points it takes to get the recipe?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Blackrock Automaton head was the most expensive Tinker BOD reward, it cost 1200 points.

I didn't see a new recipe for the Blackrock Automaton, so probably it uses the Kotl Automaton recipe.

BTW - Automaton recipe is 350 points and Actuator is 750 points.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its the same as the Kotl Automaton just a different name.

Since the Kotl event is getting turned off soon, they just moved it over to the BOD system & renamed it.

*edit for typo*

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its the same at the Kotl Automaton just a different name.

Since the Kotl event is getting turned off soon, they just moved it over to the BOD system & renamed it.
I think the Kotl heads are also part of the bod rewards aren't they?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup they are. The Kotl event is still active if folks want to get some the easy way but prob not active for much longer. :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a little miss leading. They should of called them Automation then, not Blackrock Automation. Blackrock would imply to me, something stronger or different than KoTL Automation.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to check on test center but my guess is they tweeked the mats needed to include blackrock from mining(just a guess).

I cant imagine them creating an entirely new automaton esp something stronger, they're beastly already. I do see your point however. :)

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The automation heads take extra resists based on the material you use to restore them. The blackrock automation is a head, not a recipe, so I'm betting it has beefier resists or a special attack to separate it from the others.

I must say though, that the Kotl automations put the fundamentally broken golems crafted by the gadgetry table to SHAME. Time to rework that table into a tinkering tool like the other crafting add-ons, instead of the pretty (but useless) item it is now.

@Kyronix

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get a clarification on the blackrock automaton? Is it just like the others or is this some special one since its 1200 points. @Kyronix

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tinkering
  • Crafting Failure Protection Talisman
  • Resource maps
  • Titles
    • Metallurgist
    • Dabbler
    • Clock Maker
    • Mechanic
    • Fixer
  • Rock hammer
  • Blackrock Automaton
  • 250 charge crafting tools
  • Powder of Fortification Keg
    • Holds 250 charges of Powder of Fortification
  • Blackrock Moonstone
  • Recipe for Dr. Spector’s Lenses
  • Recipe for Kotl Black Rod
  • Recipe for Kotl Automaton
  • Automaton Actuator

maybe they should change the "recipe for a Kotl Automation" to "recipe for a Blackrock Automation"?

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone built a Blackrock Automation on Test Center 1? Or knows how many points it takes to get the recipe?
I Love BOD's!, that being said, Yes I have accomplished getting the blackrock automation head from the tinkering reward on TC1. But since I do BOD's I have no time to do anything else including reading up on what is required to assemble this.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Love BOD's!, that being said, Yes I have accomplished getting the blackrock automation head from the tinkering reward on TC1. But since I do BOD's I have no time to do anything else including reading up on what is required to assemble this.
Shandara~ Is the blackrock automation head a diff colour then the shadow iron one you can craft? If i remember correctly when you build them in the coloured ingots the head is the same colour i.e.valorite- blue, etc...it takes an actuator thing to get it running along with ingots.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes a KoTL Automation recipe if you haven't learned it yet. The Blackrock Automation head, actuator, and 400 or 750 ingots of your choice.

It doesn't hurt to have a talisman with tinkering skill on it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
picture!
(or it didnt happen)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
picture!
(or it didnt happen)
I want stats like animal lore give you. They should of placed the Blackrock Automation Head, KoTL Automation recipe, and the Actuator in our bank box.

That's way to many points to bank on Test Center.

@Kyronix any chance these things can be placed in bank box? Or confirm these are regular Automation s?

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They stuck everything else on tombstone things to see so i agree they should either have one on display or one we can make so we dont waste our time saving up hella points if its just a regular one.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, so @Shandara got one of the blackrock automation heads and we played with it on TC1...

The head is a fully-formed automation ready to be used. No need for recipes, power coils or ingots. Just double-click and it bounds. (You probably have to have tinkering like the others to use the head, but we didn't test that)

So, the automation...it's... uhm.. underwhelming to say the least.

BlackrockAutomation.png

The only visual difference is the black animation for the energy. With the RNG making up the stats, these seem to be low-end to middle of the road statwise when compared with the data in @Poo 's Automation's Mega Test thread.

I'm not sure I see a real reason to go for this reward...and it further undercuts the uselessness of the gadgetry table.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well pancakes, i was hoping it was gonna be super buffed up or have a special or something but that thing is low end at best.

there has to be something about it to make it top shelf for the reward pyramid, no?

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well shi77y, i was hoping it was gonna be super buffed up or have a special or something but that thing is low end at best.

there has to be something about it to make it top shelf for the reward pyramid, no?
Shandara didn't notice any new specials, but she didn't test it against anything super tough either.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
MORE INFORMATION!

@Shandara used her BOD whispering powers to get a second head and gave it to me to poke at.

The head as received from a tinker:

BAHead.png

There will be a market for them based on their coloring and initial name alone!

Once the head is used, they just say "Kotl Automation" and are bonded.

Stats for the 2nd one:
BA2.png

I'm going to go beat on things to see if anything else is different...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Dot for you help in getting the pictures posted. I do BODs so I have no time to go and fight monsters etc. I look forward to see if the skills can be raised with training.
yes you can raise the skills, but theres really no point because they cant re-gain loyalty. they eventually go wild unless they never die. GM said this was intended.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes you can raise the skills, but theres really no point because they cant re-gain loyalty. they eventually go wild unless they never die. GM said this was intended.
That kind of belies the whole bonded thing... Doesn't successfully commanding them raise their loyalty? If they eventually go wild, just 'cuz, that makes the automatons fairly pointless to use.

@Kyronix Care to bust this myth?

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for posting pictures... i was hoping it was going to be something special or just different than the others considering the cost ...guess ill use points elsewhere :/ On a side note i didnt know these loose loyalty with no way to regain it.. if thats the case i sure the hell dont wanna spend that much on a blackrock automaton only for it to decide its gonna go wild and die thats kinda lame.

Last edited:

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very close to acquiring a third one on TC!. the First one I used a little in the graveyard and then stabled it. When I get home from work I will look at it and see if the loyalty went down. Two more things I want to test for grins and giggles is feeding the Automotan some Blackrock.
the second is if the rebuilt blackrock head can be used as a component to craft one. will let you know.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the testing I did with my blackrock automaton, it gained in both Dexterity and Anatomy. However, I noticed only the usual Kotl Automaton specials, nothing new.

It had a bit a trouble with a blood elemental and a rootworm, which is just...sigh.

With resists in the mid-fifties, I just don't see a great market for these, aside from the initial head as amusing deco.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the Kotl Automaton loses Loyalty, then try feeding it a Tasty Treat. I haven't found a single creature yet that won't eat them and gain loyalty from it.

The Devs are totally ripping ideas from me at this point, lol.
SA Golem Suggestion.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the Kotl Automaton loses Loyalty, then try feeding it a Tasty Treat. I haven't found a single creature yet that won't eat them and gain loyalty from it.

The Devs are totally ripping ideas from me at this point, lol.
SA Golem Suggestion.
tasty treats dont work. and i find it kind of insulting that Dot wrote this off as a "myth" when its a known issue, by everyone actually using automatons in daily gameplay at least. when used in PVP or EM events (2 of their best purposes) theres only so many deaths they can take before you have to get a new one.

the only way i can see it being worthwhile training them is if your afk scripting the training, because your going to have to do it again everytime the one you have goes wild.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only way i can see it being worthwhile training them is if your afk scripting the training, because your going to have to do it again everytime the one you have goes wild.
Have you ever trained them? I have trained more then a few. Training them is a non-issue. They train up pretty fast.

Soulstone on taming, use the level 3 (0r 2)enhanced gains mastery buff & your skills are done in ~3hrs. Compared to other pets this is fast.:thumbup1:
Your going to spend another ~2hrs of gameplay capping out it's 125 dex/stam but skills are finished hours earlier.
I'd rather not give out my training spot b/c I don't want to wait in line to train mine but its not hard to figure out where to go.:p

If you can't spend 5hrs legit training up a pet that will give weeks(hardcore gamers), if not months, of fun... your playing the wrong game.
I've been using the same one for ~2months now, it works just fine & continues to kill dozens of PvPers. :)

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you ever trained them? I have trained more then a few. Training them is a non-issue. They train up pretty fast.

Soulstone on taming, use the level 3 (0r 2)enhanced gains mastery buff & your skills are done in ~3hrs. Compared to other pets this is fast.:thumbup1:
Your going to spend another ~2hrs of gameplay capping out it's 125 dex/stam but skills are finished hours earlier.
I'd rather not give out my training spot b/c I don't want to wait in line to train mine but its not hard to figure out where to go.:p

If you can't spend 5hrs legit training up a pet that will give weeks(hardcore gamers), if not months, of fun... your playing the wrong game.
I've been using the same one for ~2months now, it works just fine & continues to kill dozens of PvPers. :)
Did a little birdie tell you where to go?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstone on taming, use the level 3 (0r 2)enhanced gains mastery buff & your skills are done in ~3hrs.
i get your point, but i dont think i would ever spend 3 hours training any pet. (i buy all pets i use fully trained)

I would consider taking the time to train one, once, if i could have it forever, however i dont afk script, and 3 hours sitting there just isnt something i can do.

plus they still permanently lose skill over 100 every time they die, so even if you did take the time to train the stats, youd still need to replace it eventally to keep 120 plus resist or over GM wrestle.

it just seems to me that overall automatons are another example of a feature that encourages afk."gameplay"

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tasty treats dont work. and i find it kind of insulting that Dot wrote this off as a "myth" when its a known issue, by everyone actually using automatons in daily gameplay at least. when used in PVP or EM events (2 of their best purposes) theres only so many deaths they can take before you have to get a new one.

I didn't mean the myth of loyalty loss, I meant the myth that it is intentional. GMs aren't generally known for their insights into the developer's minds, but have been known to blame things on them.

If loyalty loss without a way to regain it is intentional, then they've made an already super-niche game system irrelevant at conception. Why take the time to train a "pet" that essentially has a timer?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Dot_Warner apologies i misunderstood. it would be nice to know if this was really a bug, or intentional. either way it makes for some frustrating gameplay. im thinking it must be an oversight, but who knows.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs should just allow pets to consume power scrolls up to 120.0, some pets can have above 120 skill, those would be the reason to continue looking for the "perfect" pet.

Could make more use of the legacy pets that never could reach skills above 100.0

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did a little birdie tell you where to go?
No, I figured it out looking at automaton's starting skills and comparing spawning critters. :grin:
Something that spawns in decent numbers, respawns relatively fast, doesn't do a terribly large amount of damage,
and since resisting spells/wrestle spawn at automatons respective caps already(on higher level pets)... your just training anatomy & tactics. :wink:

i get your point, but i dont think i would ever spend 3 hours training any pet. (i buy all pets i use fully trained)
I would consider taking the time to train one, once, if i could have it forever, however i dont afk script, and 3 hours sitting there just isnt something i can do.
plus they still permanently lose skill over 100 every time they die, so even if you did take the time to train the stats, youd still need to replace it eventally to keep 120 plus resist or over GM wrestle.

it just seems to me that overall automatons are another example of a feature that encourages afk."gameplay"
3hrs to fully train a pet is to much? WOW.... Your saying Automatons encourage afk scripting gameplay b/c 3hrs to cap out skills on your pet is to long?o_O:confused:

I understand buying your pets fully trained & many pet sellers thank you I'm sure. But being as you would never train your own pets (sounds like
you never have)... I think your opinions on this are at the least slightly jaded to possibly moot.

I was curious if this permanent skill loss over GM was ever fixed & after animal loring mine of ~2 months.... it appears this is no longer an issue.
Mine has died at least 5-6 times in fights & his wrestle AND resisting spells is only down .3 from his creation numbers. If loss was permanent,
it should be at least double that.

As for loyalty loss, I have never ONCE seen any of mine drop off Wonderfully Happy even after endless spamming of commands.
My automatons have also died & I have never lost one or had it go 'wild'(unless I released it). My mostly used one(~2months) is wonderfully happy right now.
I think loyalty loss was a bug/glitch someone may of encountered but definitely NOT the norm. I just lored mine while typing this.:)

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll bust a myth. My automaton returned to "wonderfully" after resurrection -- but resurrecting was the ONLY way for regaining loyalty. Yes, he did lose a tenth of skill beyond grandmaster permanently.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll bust a myth. My automaton returned to "wonderfully" after resurrection -- but resurrecting was the ONLY way for regaining loyalty. Yes, he did lose a tenth of skill beyond grandmaster permanently.
Have u tried re-training him for long? I know my main automaton has died more then 3xs yet he's only 3/10th off. I'm guessing he trained back up over time.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Supposedly the Blackrock automatons will be updated with "improved special moves and enhanced accuracy" when the publish is released worldwide today.

Did anyone notice anything new with the Blackrock automatons on test center?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"improved special moves and enhanced accuracy"
"Enhanced Accuracy" sounds like higher Wrest.
Anatomy gains are not based on a skill check against the opponent's skill, so it can gain when fighting anything. One of the best places that i've found for training a pet's Anatomy, is Gregorio the Brigand. Gregorio the Brigand is a red NPC that spawns just east of the Skara Brae Docks (on the mainland), near the Ranger Huts (for those that remember farming Arrows from them way back in the day). So long as you're not on a specific quest to kill him, then he is immune to damage, and pets can beat on him all day for Anat/Poisoning/Magery/Eval/Med gains. I even GMed my Prospector's LJing on Gregorio by beating on him with a Hatchet. Gregorio wields a crappy Pitchfork, so over time he can deal damage to your pet, so i just Disarm the Pitchfork from his hands, then he's no threat whatsoever.
For STR/DEX gains up to 125, max your pet's Resist skill with Spectral Spellbinders, then let them continue casting on your pet, and your pet's STR/DEX stats will raise really fast. Should easily work for Automatons since they spawn with maxed Resist. This works for players too.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Donse anybody seen the new "improved" version with "improved special moves and enhanced accuracy" ?

Also 1 more qestion - Is it possible to get Black Auto with one LBOD?
I got one 4*20 Valorite Exc LBOD, but its only 1100 reward points (need 1200 for Blackrock Auto).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
upload_2016-11-23_19-27-27.png

So, so close... And then I will screw up and click yes to bank 240 points when I finally turn this in, just because the phone will ring or something, as the Universe has some kind of vendetta against me.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finished the large utensil BOD last night with help from @Shandara :heart:

The head is now going to collect dust on the floor of my shop as decoration.