• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackgate on Origin, Anyone Got Spoilers for us?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They listed today as the release date on Origin just wondering if anyone has had a chance to play there and pass along any info to the masses.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Start in Minoc. Go east across the bridge toward the mining cave and camp ground. Look for the ghost of Julia. She tells you to get blood from the place where Julia was slain. Both G'Thunk and Julia were slain at the bottom of Shame.
..... Time passes ....
There are 7 other items to get to finish the quest chain.

One is COMPASSION SAGE. Start farming that now. Kill Controllers in Ilshenar and loot corpses for a 1/50 drop chance.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't want to make several threads with the same info; @Victim of Siege marked a book (and a couple spoilers) in the other thread.

I do agree the compassion sage will be a pain (luckily I farmed a bunch of exodus keys like 4 months ago out of boredom and looted some) and the unbound vortex will be a pain for certain player types like a tamer.

Check out: NEWS - [UO.Com] The Black Gate Now Live on Origin

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The spoilers and walkthrough are of great help. I did all the mini quest to complete the quest I just have to turn in at some point. The only thing I can add is this: At the winery use ctrl + shift to bring up object handles and double click the handle to create a scroll in your pack (also handy for raw ginsing). At the Yew Jail you have to go upstairs and go to the back, you just have to get close enough to double click the quest giver...maybe easier just to go around back the building than opening all the doors. Compassion Sage drop rate is bad, but you can insure it if you are on a weak toon so you don't lose it. "In The Face of Dragons" takes a while with 40 drakes 20 dragons and 5 greater dragons to kill and seems a little excessive. Killing an Unbound Energy Vortex is a simple enough task once you separate it from spawn which tends to drift around the area, Invis potions came in handy. Kill 50 trogs easy enough with quick respawn and repond slayer.
If the rune has no actual use as the saga continues, I will not feel the need to spend 2-3 hours to get another. It does give me an idea how the will bring about future quest which seems to flow fairly well so far.