• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Black Wisps Spawn

C

Choco.

Does anyone remember where Black Wisps originally showed their ugly head? Was it in a champ or overland somewhere?

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somewhere way back in UO time...two creatures were created to embody GOOD or EVIL, probably back with the Hero system in UO on Siege or elsewhere. The dark wisp represented evil and that pretty silver steed represented good.

Dark wisps can be found in northern forests/jungles/ etc, 'original lands' n. brit forest etc etc. esp. the islands like serp hold ocllo etc. ie ya won't see em in say, SE lands, *trammel* based lands ie not downtown Luna/Umbra even if those are felucca here, the dark wisps don't spawn anywhere per say, cept in the 'old world lands' islands etc. pre lost lands land too I think, they spawn only in all the *orig old world lands* areas. No matter, they always manage to FIND ME ! lol
----------
Few yrs. ago someone whom lived on Ocllo, could no longer find them in Ocllo and posted here on Siege forum, about it. I said NP I will take my chrs there and if there be a dark wisp within miles away from my chr., they, will FIND ME !

They did find me, I got [ganked by 5 of em at once] just briefly steppin outside of downtown Ocllo ! Then I reposted back here, that they were not extinct on Ocllo, they FOUND ME OOOOOoooOO ! lol
-----------
I remember one bleed thru as it was called, that actually worked in reverse, the silver steeds were showing up on Chesapeake back in the day prob 1999 or around time of Siege being created, and they were [only supposed to land on Siege] originally, or so the story goes. We seen the silver steed briefly on Chesapeake, and then the dev. team fixed it and of course later on unicorns, were born.

The silver Steed is no more nowhere to be found, extinct species, on any shards,
but them dark vile evil dark wisps still remain, been here for forever since Siege was created, probably. THEY HATE ME ! My first ever deaths on Siege were NOT from pks nooooooooooo, thought those were just the harmless cute shadow wisps ! SURPRISE !

And I am NOT too fond, of them, speed haxxoring, evil dark wisps !! pfft !
IF I could kill em all off, perma like, I WOULD ! lol

:stir:

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can fight Shadow Wisps in Ilshenar, as part of the Lord Oaks spawn. Also in Twisted Glade at the spawn there.

But shadow wisps are nothing compared to Dark Wsps hehe. Got surprised by a dark wisp once or twice.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep ! First thing that killed my chr. HERE when I first came here, were the dark wisps.

I like going to Serp. Hold, and had accidently run thru that once used to be parked right in front of Lord British's castle moongate, that took us to Serp. Hold.

NP I like Serp. Hold anyhow...but yeh dark wisps just flew into town there while I tried, to get to the bank & tailor shop, and swiftly.. KILLED me !

I swiftly learned, that those Siege Perilous dark wisps, were NOT shadow wisps ! lol I patted my dead self, on the head, and said to myself um welcome to SIEGE ! LOL

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep ! First thing that killed my chr. HERE when I first came here, were the dark wisps.

I like going to Serp. Hold, and had accidently run thru that once used to be parked right in front of Lord British's castle moongate, that took us to Serp. Hold.

NP I like Serp. Hold anyhow...but yeh dark wisps just flew into town there while I tried, to get to the bank & tailor shop, and swiftly.. KILLED me !

I swiftly learned, that those Siege Perilous dark wisps, were NOT shadow wisps ! lol I patted my dead self, on the head, and said to myself um welcome to SIEGE ! LOL
I never seem to learn my lesson when it comes to the Serpent Hold dark wisps. My tailor/fencer can solo them if I don't get distracted while carrying my cold forged blade. As soon, though, as I get distracted and greedy and start fighting giant serpents and get weakened I get whacked by the wisps. It took me 30 minutes the other day to finally loot my corpse and rezz my forest ossie there were so many.

I like the dark wisps though. I generally carry too much weight, I think, and need to prepare better.

Jack Nickelson