• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Rock

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but it's some times that i don't play :(
I'd like to know if the little peace of black rock are already usefull.
Thanks

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have one in your pack, then go to the moonglow rift and stand near a shadowlord and say "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym" you will deal half of his health in damage to him.

Also if you put one at your feet and say "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym" with decently high magery, it may take a few tries but you will blow yourself up and become "infected". You then hear voices and have a chance to blackrock infect monsters you encounter in the game.

Hope that helps. :)

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shadow lords aren't spawning in the Moonglow rift right now. They stopped with the patch. I am hoping there is more use for blackrock because I still have a few I purchase right before they turned off the lords. I have such horrible timing. I sold off all my ophidian stuff, blackrock, extra power, vanq, mystic weapons and cursed arties not a week before they announced this event and now I buy blackrock and... :blushing:

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

L

Leana Sidhe

Blesh, Does that mean you have "chosen" sides then? If you infect yourself, or use the blackrock to kill the shadowlords - if you are infected are you on the shadowlords side? Or has then played out yet?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord I hope not because I have been infected on one of my chars for almost, what, two years now... I don't want something I did 2 years ago to preclude involvement in this event ;)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blesh, Does that mean you have "chosen" sides then? If you infect yourself, or use the blackrock to kill the shadowlords - if you are infected are you on the shadowlords side? Or has then played out yet?
i dont think being infected means you choose as side, as i infected my mage like a year ago when they first introduced the spell.

they havent really explained how to choose your side yet. maybe pub 53...

**edit** wow huntersmoon, has it been that long? how time flys. thanks for the catch on the rift btw, i havent been down there, and assumed that they still spawned. :)

H

Hunters Moon

A question about blowing myself up with blackrock and becoming infected. My mage is 115 skill and I keep getting the notice "You feel uneasy but nothing happens". Do I have to be 120 mage for it to work? If so,that sucks...I will not be blowing 30 million on a Luna scroll vendor.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hubby did it with 110 magery took a bit but he got infected lol. You can also do it with necromancy. Just keep at it! :)

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 115 Magery and I infected myself. I blew up a lot of blackrock (and myself) before I started to hear the voices and I totally failed to get any response from the spell for what seemed like a billion tries. Just keep at it till you start to hear voices. Oh and try logging in and out to see if they greet you, they don't talk all the time, but do seem to greet me generally on log in.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
worked for me with only GM Magery on 2 chars.
One wasnt getting any message but heard voices after the next log in. And one blew himself up several times and got messages but needed lots of tries to finally hear the voices...

Pandrax of Europa