• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Market was a success!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to thank all, who contributed to last night's Black Market event, either by being merchants with interesting wares, or by just showing up. Considering that it was the first event of its kind, it was a success! A lot of people showed up. We experienced that in-game trading is much more fun than vendor shopping. However, most of the high-quality runic crafted weapons and barbed armor (very fairly priced, by the way) didn't sell. Probably the visitors weren't aware of the excellent choice available. We'll have to think of a way to do it better next time.

Next Black Market will be in a month, on October 4th (always the fist Saturday of the month). I hope we'll have more merchants by then, so I can take care of entertaining events like tournaments, bets, chicken fights etc. instead of selling things. Also, we want to add BOD-trading to the event, as well as auctions. Stay tuned!

Suggestions and ideas are always welcome!

For a story about the event, visit the following page:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories10/story0067.htm

C

Callie

Hawkeye,
Congrats on the success of the black market last night! I was pleased that you had so many folks come by and browse and buy. I look forward to adding bods to next month's black market.
One thing that was a little confusing was everyone talking at once and scrambling for customers, just as in a real flea market. I'm not sure how to suggest this to be better next time, but am thinking about it.
Thanks for all you do, Pike.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a great time and got some great deals too. The alacrity scroll I bought was much needed, and helped a lot. I have yet to try out the weapons I purchased.

I look forward to future markets.

B

Branwyn of Errol

Well Ally and Barefoot headed on over to the Black market and did some good shopping there. Ally was very inpressed and plans to bring some of the many wares that she has acquired through her *coughs* stelthy trade to sell. Thanks to Hawkeye and the Pirates for the effort.