• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Black hedge

• Thread starter Sho Hashi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sho Hashi

I just started growing plants for dyes and I got a black hedge. I'm not sure whether I can cut this up or not, but if I can, should I? Is this a really rare plant? Is it worth more as a black dye or as a black hedge? I'm on Sonoma, BTW.

L

Llwyd

It's up to you, but I wouldn't do it. (You could probably get a decent price for it.)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't do it, you'll get more for it as is than as a dye.

S

Stewpid

My alchemist sells black dyes for 199K. I know I couldn't get 199K for a black hedge, so I'd cut it up.

L

Llwyd

My alchemist sells black dyes for 199K. I know I couldn't get 199K for a black hedge, so I'd cut it up.
199k for just five uses of a black dye? I thought everyone in UO owned a black dye tub by now.... :confused:

S

Stewpid

199k for just five uses of a black dye? I thought everyone in UO owned a black dye tub by now.... :confused:
You're thinking a "true black" dye tub. Black dyes aren't as annoyingly black as that tub. Completely different color.

S

Sho Hashi

Been sitting on my vendor. Started at 250K, went down to 200K. No bites. Black dye goes for about 125K on Sonoma in Luna (I'm in Zento). We'll see how it goes, but it may end up becoming dye.

S

Stewpid

Been sitting on my vendor. Started at 250K, went down to 200K. No bites. Black dye goes for about 125K on Sonoma in Luna (I'm in Zento). We'll see how it goes, but it may end up becoming dye.
:( Sorry to hear that, I think the prices of plants vary greatly from shard to shard. About the only plants my gardener keeps from me are the white and black cypress, as I think they sell for more than the dyes.

S

Sho Hashi

I bought a black cypress on an out of the way vendor on Sonoma for 5K and cut it up for dye.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The plant dyes can be used on alot more things compared to the dye tubs or even Tokuno dyes. So it's quite useful.

Personally though, I'd sell or keep the hedge. If it was a mutant of the uglier plants, I'd cut it up in a heartbeat.

F

Flora Green

:( Sorry to hear that, I think the prices of plants vary greatly from shard to shard. About the only plants my gardener keeps from me are the white and black cypress, as I think they sell for more than the dyes.
Are the white cypress trees rare now? I know they are in demand during winter, but the rest of the year they seem to move like the other white plants. A friend saw one the other day on Chessy for around 700k which I told her was insane unless there's some new bug. I haven't actively played in two months and am wondering if I've missed something.

To the OP, I agree about keeping the black hedge. Seems a shame to cut a hedge up for a dye when there are so many other plants to use instead.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently took off 5 black and 15 white hedges off my vendor and clipped them after none sold for over 2 months.

The dyes however keep selling.

S

Stewpid

Are the white cypress trees rare now? I know they are in demand during winter, but the rest of the year they seem to move like the other white plants. A friend saw one the other day on Chessy for around 700k which I told her was insane unless there's some new bug. I haven't actively played in two months and am wondering if I've missed something.
Not sure, it may have just been for the season. I haven't needed any more clippings since Christmas, but I'll ask if she still is keeping them. I don't grow plants, but have an alchemist, so selling dyes is one of my incomes.

S

Stewpid

Apparently she just clips everything now. She hasn't sold a cypress since mid December, so it must be just seasonal. :(

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To the OP, I agree about keeping the black hedge. Seems a shame to cut a hedge up for a dye when there are so many other plants to use instead.
Flora, I've recently got 5 of the white cypress trees out of 9 total cypress trees. I don't know if I was extremely lucky or if they are dropping commonly.

Same thing with the black hedge. I've been getting approximately 50/50 black to green.

S

soulstoner

Flora, I've recently got 5 of the white cypress trees out of 9 total cypress trees. I don't know if I was extremely lucky or if they are dropping commonly.

Same thing with the black hedge. I've been getting approximately 50/50 black to green.
what are you getting seeds off of? :confused: you're kidding right?

F

Flora Green

Wow that's a nice rate. I want to garden again so bad, but RL keeps interfering. It's supposed to snow this weekend, maybe I can plant a large batch finally.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold on guys ... brain still trying to process ...

Are you saying B&W seeds actually drop off monters now ???
Are you ???
When I first started growing plants in Origin the first group I planted was 12 peculiar seeds dropped from ant lion/kappas. from that 12 I harvested 2 white cypress trees. I had heard that there was a chance to get mutant plants but I did not expect this.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I understand correctly no B&W seeds dropped, but from the peculiar seeds you got some that grew the seeds ??

When was this, if I may ask?

Afaik, this is not possible, at least not a this very moment.

With the exception of the Peculiar Poppies and the Cocao Tree, no other peculiar seed will give seeds nor resources.

If something has changed I am not aware of this.