• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Friday (hey, Elga!)

M

MsStathamSim

...so what's good this year? I actually have some decent money coming in and want to get the most out of it.

[update]Finished my practical nursing program in April, 4.0 all 3 terms. Passed the boards in May. Worked all summer at Girl Scout camp, now working 2nd shift on the subacute/rehab hall at Sanctuary at St. Mary's. [/update]

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...so what's good this year? I actually have some decent money coming in and want to get the most out of it.

[update]Finished my practical nursing program in April, 4.0 all 3 terms. Passed the boards in May. Worked all summer at Girl Scout camp, now working 2nd shift on the subacute/rehab hall at Sanctuary at St. Mary's. [/update]
That sounds sweetness, glad your nursing hard work has paid off!

As for BF, nothing had really popped out at me. If you need a good monitor, $89.98 for a 21" LCD at Staples.

The original plan was to do Wal-Mart, but now those friends are unsure if they want to or not. If not, I'm parking it at Staples. Lots of small good stuff. Here is my list:

Staples 100/Pack CD-R at Staples - $4.98

Staples 5mm Slim Jewel Cases, 50/Pack-$4.99

Staples Field Pointe Luxura Manager's Chair at Staples - $39.99

My desk chair has the yellow foam starting to come out of it! I've had it since TSO days, so it's been a few years and it's time for an upgrade.

Buy a 20-pack of Duracell Batteries get 100% back in Staples Rewards

So yeah, just little stuff! I might hit up Wal-Mart before or after, depending on the line at Staples. As always, BFAds.net is your friend for all of the ads and hot items!

Who knows I may end up buying some other hot deals. I've recently started a small Ebay business reselling new items. I go to Ollie's Bargain Outlet which carries closeout stuff and the Five Below store and get some good stuff for $5! I purchased Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for $5, just sold it tonight on Ebay for $15. ChaChing! :drool:

M

MsStathamSim

ooo, thanks for the link! I want to get Mr. Price a flat screen TV--nothing big or fancy, but the one we have is 10 years old and the picture goes wonky sometimes.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be up at 4am, picking up a friend at 4:30am, and should arrive at Staples by 4:45am for the 6am opening. The stuff we want doesn't require being first in line, so should make out pretty good! Good luck to anyone else going out in the madness. :thumbup:

G

Granjell

Hubby couldn't resist the 50" plasma at W***art for $598, so we were up before dawn. It's pretty cool now everything is hooked up. Definitely better than our old 30" standard set.:party:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby couldn't resist the 50" plasma at W***art for $598, so we were up before dawn. It's pretty cool now everything is hooked up. Definitely better than our old 30" standard set.:party:
Ooo Nice Marge! I really wanted to get one of those to be my computer monitor and mount it on the wall. One day!

G

Granjell

Awesome plan - I was already planning to view Netflix movies on it...

G

Granjell

I would if we had a local Moms & Pops, but there is only a nasty Hollywood Video.

L

Little Sadie

Netflix is the devil! Support your Moms and Pops!
We don't have any mom and pops around here. Haven't in years. The smallest we have is Blockbuster. LOL! We mostly do PPV when we want to see a movie anyway. Never liked Netflix.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went out today to look for a new winter jacket, as the one I have now is like from 2004 and has seen better days. I scored a Perry Ellis Faux Shearing Zip Jacket regularly $225 on sale for $112.50. Then got another 10% off and paid $90. I'd call that a good deal!

L

Little Sadie

Wow Kenny, that was a great deal! Very nice looking coat too.

We didn't bother getting any deals on BF but have gotten some since. Ended up getting three 42 inch LCD aquios (sp) for $549 each, reg $810 and free shippng! Got a 32 inch for cheap too but cant remember the brand. Also got a Coolpix for $99 reg $149. I couldnt find a deal on the Kindle anywhere so had to pay retail for that one. All in all though been getting good deals this season. Best of all, haven't had to step foot in a mall to do any shopping. I am finished and did it all online! Woot!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We didn't bother getting any deals on BF but have gotten some since. Ended up getting three 42 inch LCD aquios (sp) for $549 each, reg $810 and free shippng! Got a 32 inch for cheap too but cant remember the brand. Also got a Coolpix for $99 reg $149. I couldnt find a deal on the Kindle anywhere so had to pay retail for that one. All in all though been getting good deals this season. Best of all, haven't had to step foot in a mall to do any shopping. I am finished and did it all online! Woot!
That's a lot of LCD tv's! LOL But a deal at that, Aquos are nice displays. I have a Nikon Coolpix, works really well. Except it sucks the batteries down pretty quick with that big screen on the back. Sounds like you made out though, the mall is for yuppies anyway! Heck when I was there today Santa was on lunch break and it was like 1:30pm. Poor Santa..

My shopping is also done, but really didn't have to try much. My parents, brothers, and their spouses used to swap names and do gifts like that. But it was basically I'd buy a gift card for them and I'd then get a gift card. It was kinda pointless so we all agreed this year just to buy for my brothers kids and spoil them. My niece is obsessed with Barbie dolls and in particular taking the clothes off them! She specifically asked for Ken dolls so I got her some Island Barbie and an Island Ken doll. They have very little clothing to begin with, so her work is cut out for her! lol Even the one Barbie on the shelf had her bikini like half off and she was showing some cleavage! :eek: