• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Bonsi

S

Shantia

Weeeeee, a whole lot of plants poped today and i was mass polinating the plain ones with my yellow flowery and got a black mutant from a barrel cactus! Ooo its gonna be so adorable!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats !! My colored cactus just popped out today and I did about a gazillion crossings and am keeping my fingers crossed I get some interesting plants.

Gardening is exciting once again. :)

S

Shantia

=D got my first spider tree seed today, but i planted it before i id'd it like a fool..and fertile dirt is to precious to me (i'm to lazy to farm it) to dump it out. pretty sure it will be a spider tree tho.

If you crossed your flowery to the legacy plants you'll get bonsi's..there are a few legacies that dont give bonsi's tho..campions (all mine are producing random legacy plants), poppies, and bulrushes i havent seen any mention of these producing bonsi's in any posts so i dunno..we'll see what my bulrush produces tomorrow or the next :)

F

Flora Green

I went crazy crossing everything I collected to a blue cactus. Third plant I crossed has a black seed on the gump. :):) I have had zero interest in UO for awhile now, this has renewed it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
=D got my first spider tree seed today, but i planted it before i id'd it like a fool..and fertile dirt is to precious to me (i'm to lazy to farm it) to dump it out. pretty sure it will be a spider tree tho.

If you crossed your flowery to the legacy plants you'll get bonsi's..there are a few legacies that dont give bonsi's tho..campions (all mine are producing random legacy plants), poppies, and bulrushes i havent seen any mention of these producing bonsi's in any posts so i dunno..we'll see what my bulrush produces tomorrow or the next :)
I crossed a yellow flowery with a bright yellow campion and got bright yellow bonsai

the campions are a puzzle, alright

S

Shantia

I went crazy crossing everything I collected to a blue cactus. Third plant I crossed has a black seed on the gump. :):) I have had zero interest in UO for awhile now, this has renewed it.
whoot grats! I hope they look cute :D

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I crossed a yellow flowery with a bright yellow campion and got bright yellow bonsai

the campions are a puzzle, alright
Oh wow, I'm gonna have to try this when I get enough plants! I think this may be the only way to get bright bonsai?

F

Flora Green

I have bright blue bonsai seeds planted. I'll have to check what I did to get them, but I think it was basically the same as DevilsOwn. Sad thing is, my interest in the new plant colors is there, but after logging in, I just don't have any desire to do anything else in game. Including run my shop. Think I'm going to close another account. :(

L

Lady Tala

if any of you play on Catskills would you concider selling me a yellow cactus seed? i've spent all my time in the swamps the past 2 days and have every seed you can get off a bogling/bogthing except for a yellow cactus seed. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I crossed a Red cactus to a bright yellow campion and the gump shows white seeds. Keeping my fingers crossed it turns out to be a bonsai, but the campions are strange, no telling what it will be.

I do have lots of bright red blue and yellow bonsai growing, as well as purple orange and green. I can't wait til they pop out of their bowls so I can see what they are.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The interesting thing about campions being strange is that they can't be obtained by cross-breedng any other plants in the old system.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, I'm gonna have to try this when I get enough plants! I think this may be the only way to get bright bonsai?
that would stand to reason...

yellow x (bright)yellow = bright yellow

the same would be true of any color - only a cross with itself (or a bright version of itself) would yield a bright version on any normal crossings, so it'd seem to hold true here as well.

R

Rocklin

"Gardening is interesting again"

What has changed? I don't understand why you are all giddy. What did I miss?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See this thread: Moreover, the plant of a new colour grew. Boglings are dropping coloured flowery cactus seeds which can be crossed to give (so far) spider trees, hops facing both ways, and cvarious bonsai, in bright and dull colours.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now the Rare Fire, Magenta, Rare Pink and Aqua Bonsai.. are they still reproduceable? I was under the impression, those no longer were. The white and black bonsai are a shot in the dark whether you can get or not right?

Any word from Sakk whether these will be a permanent feature or if its a bug and will be changed back?

S

Shantia

Not sure about the fire/aqua/pink/magenta. I dont run the naturalists quests, but i do know that you can get the black/white from crossings (obviously hehe). I'm up to quite a few producing black bonsai's and only one producing white (damn 50/50)..

As for it being perm? i doubt it, i'd love it if it were but its messing with to many other factors in gardening...Not that i care, i love this way more then getting proper legacy crossings. It would be nice if they could balance it all out and keep this aspect of it. Might take months to fix tho so who knows...*big puppy dog eyes, please make it take months to fix!!*

F

Flora Green

It's raining today, so I can run the naturalist a few times and see what results from drops. Also, let's all hope Sak is too busy with SA and will let us keep playing.

D

Deb

It's raining today, so I can run the naturalist a few times and see what results from drops. Also, let's all hope Sak is too busy with SA and will let us keep playing.
Maybe she is too busy with SA since it is drawing near and will put this
awesome bug on the bottom of her list:) :)

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree about this making gardening fun again. None of the people I play with even knew about it until I was dancing around in game about having a purple bonsi. I had to show them to make them believe. Now we are trying hard to get all the different flowering cactus and bonsi seeds, Just incase:D
My guild are all out getting me even more seeds. My poor second account house is now a seed storage faculity:blushing: