• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bit of a problem...

I

Infumas

So I just bought this game about four days ago. I'm not completely new to mmo's-I played wow when it first came out up until 50 when I got bored of it and knew the end-game wasn't worth it. But I've had an itch to play a mmo again so I picked this up. Well I'm a lvl 10 blm on Caitsith. Two of my friends (old ffxi players) talked me into running over to the dunes to find a party and powerlevel. Well I can't find a party, and I spent all of my money on the sandy map and boat ride. Are there any linkshells dedicated to anything but end-game content?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you're stuck in the dunes with your flag up? I assume you're close to the Selbina zone and are safe. If you want to party at such a low level, that's fine. Personally, I would've soloed longer to get more used to the limits of my job. So you have two choices: Stay there with your flag up til you get a party hit, or intentionally die so you can Home Point back home. At level 10, you won't lose a lot of exp from home pointing, so it's a viable option.

Since you're on Caitsith, I can give you a pearl for a social shell I am in. There aren't many newer people, but there are many friendly people who do help others when they have the time. Most of them have joined our social after being in our endgame shell. If interested, send me a PM with your character's name and I will find you when I get home from work.