• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Billing problem

G

On the 9th you guys remember that I reactivated one of my accounts to premium, and immediately was able to play and have been playing ever since. This morning I got a message that there was a problem with the CC, and went online to look, and EA had not taken the money even though they upgraded the account to premium. I'm gonna have to go get one of those prepaid Wal-Mart credit cards it seems, but does anybody know if I will lose the cards I have in my inventory if I can get the new debit card number entered in the next 24-48 hours? Doing a bank transfer into paypal would take 4 or 5 business days, and I'm pretty sure I'd lose stuff if I wanted that long, since the account already shows 'visitor' status again, and I can't enter skill or money lots anymore. Does anybody know how much 'grace' time I have before I lose the stuff I'd gained as premium? I wish they'd just not upgraded the account to premium if they weren't going to let me draw on funds from my bank account through the Paypal card, because I KNOW there's enough funds in the bank account, though not in the Paypal balance itself

I

imported_CherryBomb

Personally, I think it is plain whacko NOT to trust anyone in this space. You do someone right, and they will return the favor. If they burn you, exterminate, and invite all friends.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Personally, I think it is plain whacko NOT to trust anyone in this space. You do someone right, and they will return the favor. If they burn you, exterminate, and invite all friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't answer the question I had.....unless I'm misreading your post somehow?

M

Mystic Kitty

You should not lose any objects by becoming a free member. The only thing about it is, if you own a lot it will be reduced to a 12 x 12 size lot. Hope this helps.

G

how rare and unusual, a billing problem, imagine that....

Have you tried contacting paypal customer support? I am not sure about all of the EA timing but I think that would be the quickest way to get into the game right away (if it is something they can resolve right away).

good luck!

G

<blockquote><hr>

On the 9th you guys remember that I reactivated one of my accounts to premium, and immediately was able to play and have been playing ever since. This morning I got a message that there was a problem with the CC, and went online to look, and EA had not taken the money even though they upgraded the account to premium. I'm gonna have to go get one of those prepaid Wal-Mart credit cards it seems, but does anybody know if I will lose the cards I have in my inventory if I can get the new debit card number entered in the next 24-48 hours? Doing a bank transfer into paypal would take 4 or 5 business days, and I'm pretty sure I'd lose stuff if I wanted that long, since the account already shows 'visitor' status again, and I can't enter skill or money lots anymore. Does anybody know how much 'grace' time I have before I lose the stuff I'd gained as premium? I wish they'd just not upgraded the account to premium if they weren't going to let me draw on funds from my bank account through the Paypal card, because I KNOW there's enough funds in the bank account, though not in the Paypal balance itself

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not alone here i signed on one my sims this afternoon an was able to land everywhere... i got a error 23 an now my account is saying its a free player when i know its got time on it lol

G

Armonia posted this in Tech Issues and Advice after finding one of her paid for accounts had switched to free trial and calling Customer Support:

<blockquote><hr>

They are saying that everyone is having an issue with their accounts saying free trial because EA Land Servers are not fully up and running as of today. He did however say that within a week all the servers will be up and operational and all of the subscription issues and many others will be resolved. He stated that the phone techs just received this information today regarding the Ea Land servers and it should be posted soon on the EA Land site. So, I am supposed to just hang in there for another week and see what happens. He assured me my account is active and subscribed to. Well, I have let you all know what I found out from EA tech support.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

You should not lose any objects by becoming a free member. The only thing about it is, if you own a lot it will be reduced to a 12 x 12 size lot. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods* that account doesn't own a lot, thank goodness, my main concern is that she not lose her lava cards as long as I can get her upgraded back to premium before this week's game ends, which shouldn't be a problem at all, even if I can't get my hands on a Wal-Mart debit card and have to wait for a bank draft to go through. It's just irritating to be happening this week, since I can't even play another account until it gets resolved.....bad timing for billing issues on top of everything else
. Oh well, with any luck by this time next week both issues, the billing issue with my premium and the lockout issue with my free, will be fixed and I'll be back to playing again.....just hope I don't go into withdrawl *too* bad till then LOL.

G

bumping this up hoping maybe Lee or somebody with knowledge of this kind of stuff might see it.....

I'm now getting nervous that the bank draft won't go through before Wednesday landing the money in my paypal account so I can re-enter the debit card number. I called again to the number still listed on the EA website as taking checks by phone, and no response, they said billing info has to go through the e-mail support page. *eyeroll* IS there another number I can call and get a live person that will allow me to do a check over the phone, even if it costs me a little bit extra in service fee? I don't want to complete this second round of lava cards, since I missed the first totally, only to not get credit for it on Wednesday if my account is not officially back to premium.
Somebody HELP please?
I'm gonna try the 866-543-5435 number since Rhianna actually said that she got a person with more than two brain cells when she called, but I'm still kinda nervous about that, so I just wondered if they tell me they can't help me either what I might do. My last stitch resort is to ask my dad for a loan until the bank draft goes through, but he's on temporary disability at the moment himself, so I hate to do that unless I just HAVE to, especially since I have the money in my pocket, I just can't get EA to take it from my pocket because I don't have a check card and it's not in my paypal account

G

Free players can play the lava game. No need to worry about losing them for that reason. They will not be passing out new cards til a week from wed. You should be good to go.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Free players can play the lava game. No need to worry about losing them for that reason. They will not be passing out new cards til a week from wed. You should be good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean on the 18th (a week from last Wednesday) or the 25th (a week from this coming Wednesday?

ETA: This is why Lee is my hero! &lt;3 I tagged him in game through IM, and he said that the next game won't be *this* Wednesday, it will be next, and like you said Simone free players can play the game, so I won't lose the cards. Now I can relax and wait for the bank draft to go through....being locked out of skill/money lots, like I told Lee, is bearable since TC3 is *home* to me anyway, but having already missed one game I was bummed over the possibility of missing another one, knowing I could not use the ATM 3 times in a week to get 6 cards.....glad they are delaying it a week, although I bet alot of other people will be disappointed.

Lee, you ROCK!
and thanks for your help Simone and everybody else

G

<blockquote><hr>

Like the last game, this one will last one and a half weeks to give everyone a chance to play. The game will end Monday March 24th at 3:30 AM P.S.T. We will likely start awarding ORANGE certificates to those that have solved the game a few days before that.

[/ QUOTE ]

LINK

G

Now with switching to the free player status do you have a lowered object limit as well?

G

No idea. One of the sims in TC3 does own a lot, but its not categorized yet, and it is just a plot of land, have not tried to build on it or anything, and won't do so until I get the account back to premium status, as I don't think I'm really *supposed* to have access to those alts after being reverted back to visitor. It'll all be fixed by this time next week anyway so it's just a minor bump in the road

G

The only benefet I see to being a member is a 500 a week bonus, larger lots, the ability to go to skill and money houses and the ability to create more than one sim. As far as I know everything else is the same. I have a trial, I will do some testing on her, to see what she can hold.

No limit on inventory. I just found a buggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only benefet I see to being a member is a 500 a week bonus, larger lots, the ability to go to skill and money houses and the ability to create more than one sim. As far as I know everything else is the same. I have a trial, I will do some testing on her, to see what she can hold.

No limit on inventory. I just found a buggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there is a limit on inventory for both. If you have a bunch of objects, however and move out of your house and into another one, your inventory will *expand* making it seem endless, however even with that you will notice that when you take one object out of that expanded inventory, you can't put another object in to replace it until you get under the correct number of objects you can carry in your inventory. What is it that you're calling 'unlimited'? Got it go over 100? Over 250? 1000? If you can gather proof of that, then yeah that'd be something that screenies would need to be sent to Lee via that bug report e-mail that they have set up, because that very well might be contributing to the LAGGGGGGGGG issues if people have been able to go to double, triple, quadruple their alotted inventory space and just havent' reported it cuz it's a 'cool' bug.