• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Billing Issues

M

MrRivers

I am furious.

I registered with TSO, Ea-Land whatever idk.. on January 29th, 2008. Now more than 14 days later I get this message telling me that my free trial has expired and to either make a new account or to pay $9.99/mth.

That is just very frustrating when you read that and at the exact same time you have your credit card bill in your hand and it says the following:

"Feb.2/08 - EA-Land-TSO-30 days....................$9.99sub"

Now what does that tell everyone. I registered on Jan. 29/08. They took the $10 off my credit card on February 2, 2008. Now it's telling my I cannot log in and I have to start over or start paying. I have written proof that it was taken off. I cannot find a single phone number. I have phone bill over $600 for talling 373, 218, 516, & a 938 area code phone numbers that all had to do with either sims, tso, ea-land, ea game period. anything. I could not undertand them yet they couldn't help me. They all said the exact same thing bout them sending an email to some corporate office with my email address to write back to them. Pleading for a phone number I became extremely upset and hung up. This email he wants me to fill out is at: eagames.custhelp.com. Funny stuff. I log in there and it says that I have 14 tickets. All unresolved. At the very top of the page it says, You should expect a reply within 24 hours. Thank you for your Patience. My first ticket sent was on Feb. 5th, when I logged on nothing was in my house or inventory? It was a bug.glitch whatever. But even that has not been answered yet.

So now. With my other account thats on free trial just so I can play until I see where this goes.

I am a returning player from AV & CC from 2002. What a lovely way to be welcomed back ! Thank Maxis - or whoever is in charge.

I log on to thesimsonline.com and it says, please check your billing information. Ok everything is correct! OOH WAIT! It say here" Click Here to Re-Activate Your Subscription".. hmmm... I wonder why it says that. SO I click. GO FRIGGING FIGURE. Now it says. "You are already a subscribed member, please enjoy your game experience". SERIOUSLY! What the hell do I do here. Quit the game? Again? Even if I did they will be taking $10 a month off my credit card because I don't even have the option ANYWHERE to cancel subscription because it's telling me that I am not subscribed. Well I hope someone has an idea or a decent phoen number or something. On Wednesday I will be contacting Legal Assistance or Canada's IOT. (Investigators of Online Theft)

Hopefully someone has an idea that can be polite and truthful. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Playing in : TC3
SIM: Ace Rivers
SKIlL HOUSE: Skillful Paradise

I blew my frigging bank account at ATMS, simoleanman.com and having 7 accounts. Only 1 was supposed to be a subscriber. That one - is Ace Rivers, who I am mostly talking about here.

I just tried again while typing this message. I forgot. When I try to login into thesimsonline.com. It say that I am already a member. But when I login the game it says that I have 24 hours to start paying before my sim pends deletion, which means I will lose my house I just built. my 3.4 mil, all my objects and my friends more importantly.

Someone please give advice. Thank You!!

Ace Rivers in TC3

G

I can certainly understand your frustration. You're resubscribing at a time when the billing and accounting systems are in the middle of a transition, and it's making things difficult for everyone.

Close your eyes. Take a deep, cleansing breath. Count to ten. Then, open your eyes, and follow the tips in this thread.

Hope it all works out for you!

M

MrRivers

Thank You but..

That is exactly what I was talking about.

When I login to thesimsonline.com then click Account it brough me to the same page as "Manage my Account" in the link of the thread you gave me.

This is where I clicked Re-activate my account. Folowed the steps perfectly. But after clicking continue. I get an entirely white page that says.

I am already a current subscriber.

Then it shows what it shows on my credit card bill.

When I log into the game it tells me I ahve 24 hours until everything pends deletion if I don't start paying.

Thanks for understanding but I've done pretty much everything. I don't want to quit or start over. My other 7 accounts work perfectly fine, just not my main one. Ace Rivers.

Thanks Again for your help. Any other ideas?

G

Wow... Yeah, that would freak me out as well!

When you click on "Manage My Account" from the EA-Land page, does the "The Sims Online" entry in your subscriptions say anything about recurring billing, or about coupon codes?

My best guess is that this is part of that accounting transition snafu, and everything will be perfectly fine 24 hours from now after it transitions your account from Free Trial to Paid.

Hopefully Parizad sees this thread and can offer better insight...

M

MrRivers

Ok, I will check back this time tomorrow - thanks for everything

G

Let me know how it goes... I may be in that boat myself in seven days!

G

Well, I've re-activated all my old accounts...but that puts them as freebies, can't play anywhere but TC.

I know one of those accounts is old enough to qualify for trees under the amnesty thingy...so I tried to re-activate the subscription so I can get the trees in a mergable city, or EA proper, and sell 'em, then trade the simoleans for cash, and hopefully make in excess of the $10 I'd get charged to activate. But it continues to say I've got time left on my 14-day coupon, and THEN the charges to my card will kick in. I gave up, got nervous, and that's even BEFORE reading about what happened to you...and removed my billing info before they could hit me. Heck, I've got my billing info removed from ALL EA accounts, was gonna switch credit cards...yet I'm still able to play. There's some weird stuff going on in there, but hey, I don't know how to report it, nor is it my responsibility. Suffice it to say, I think the billing is so messed up that they might be giving a few months away for free, or maybe that's a reward for us old players and they just haven't told us? I don't know. At this point I'm not touching any of those accounts/entering my credit card numbers on something so screwed up until I know I can't play otherwise, not going to try to reactivate anything, and I'm sure if they charged me for that account that I can't play that I can find a way to call them or email them or Sahara/Parizad and ask for a chargeback...

Yeah, but you...don't blame ya for getting the guvmint involved...or lawyers...good luck to you...

G

It was a week ago when I did this, so I might be a tad rusty, but this is about what I did with my account:

1. I reactivated my account by starting TSO.exe (the patcher), and selecting "TC3".

2. The patcher updated my game installation, then asked for my username and password. Upon entering my login info, it let me in.

3. I then quit the game, then followed the instructions here to resubscribe.

4. I entered in my billing info, and it all took. It said I was ready to start playing.

5. I started TSO.exe again, selected "EA-Land (beta)", and - again, game updated and asked for my username and password. Upon entering my login info, it let me in. The game recognizes my account as "Premium", even though my EA account page says I'm still on my free trial time. Additionally, my subscriptions page states that my credit card will be automatically billed upon expiration of my free trial - and, yes, there is a $1 pre-authorization on my card.

Hope this helps some of you out who are having accounting trouble with the game.

M

MrRivers

I tried it. AND......nah lol It'd didnt work

My credit card company is perfectly fine. I thought maybe I was over my limit. Have a balance of $50 and my limit is $8,500 lol... so unless maxis or whoever took $8,500 then everything should be working perfectly fine... crosses fingers.

I e-mailed a lee fancey. Someone gave me his email and said he can help me. I dont knwo who he is but told him everything I said in this post. Hopefully he can e-mail me back soon. I'm terrified and very scared to see my account deleted especially when I wasted real money on ATMS and on other websites to get my 3.4 mil

Thank you for everything, I will check back here later on

I

imported_Shirl1211

I have a question also. I have 5 accounts but only one is being charged $5.99. I'm not sure how that works and if anyone knows 'd really appreciate the info. Thanks, Shirl

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was a week ago when I did this, so I might be a tad rusty, but this is about what I did with my account:

1. I reactivated my account by starting TSO.exe (the patcher), and selecting "TC3".

2. The patcher updated my game installation, then asked for my username and password. Upon entering my login info, it let me in.

4. I entered in my billing info, and it all took. It said I was ready to start playing.

5. I started TSO.exe again, selected "EA-Land (beta)", and - again, game updated and asked for my username and password. Upon entering my login info, it let me in. The game recognizes my account as "Premium", even though my EA account page says I'm still on my free trial time. Additionally, my subscriptions page states that my credit card will be automatically billed upon expiration of my free trial - and, yes, there is a $1 pre-authorization on my card.

Hope this helps some of you out who are having accounting trouble with the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

But don't I need TSOClient.exe to get into a normal city? As long as the merge hasn't happened yet, I want my 10K to buy a plot of land and some items pre-merge.

Or can we no longer create new sims in the old cities?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

But don't I need TSOClient.exe to get into a normal city? As long as the merge hasn't happened yet, I want my 10K to buy a plot of land and some items pre-merge.

Or can we no longer create new sims in the old cities?

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as I am aware, new sim creation in the production cities is closed, and the production cities themselves will no longer be accessible after this Wed Feb 20th....plus alot of the stuff people are coming in with is broken and/or bugged, so if it was me I wouldn't even try to create there even if creation has happened. It seems like it'd be a good idea, like you said being able to come in with 10k worth of objects, but if they're useless when they get there then it's basically wasted energy lol. I think it's a moot point though because I really think creation in the production cities is still down.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get that message. It took my card in the billing info, though. On subscription info screen for TSO it says:

REGISTERED
The Sims Online
The Sims Online Registration | Registered

Coupons/Promotions Days Remaining:
The Sims Online: 14-Day Free Trial 11 of 14

Testing EA-Land login...

UPDATE: It didn't work. I was told that I can't get into EA as this is for paying customers only.

I just want my five trees (up to five EA-Land sims, yes?) for ten bucks lol That's two bucks a tree, and I'm sure I can turn around and sell 'em for more, or mush all my reward objects onto one lot and start a forest. Not a tree farm, a forest, you can run around and play for free and enjoy the game for a change. Haven't made up my mind yet, but at two bucks per tree, I'll bite.

G

I have been dealing with these same issues for about 4 days now. I was told by (insert name here) that my billing cycle would kick in on day 7 of the 14 day trial. Well, here I am, day 7, still showing as a free player and still unable to log into EaLand on my account. I love TSO, came back to TSO with a happy heart, but this billing snafu is really raining on my parade.

UPDATE: I saw this under techical advice:

Go to http://www.ea-land.com
Click on Manage my Account
Login
Go to Subscription Info
Scroll down till you find The Sims Online (EALand is not functional yet)
Click on Change Billing method
Pick Credit Card radio button
Make sure the $9.99 radio button is selected.
Enter payment information even if it is already there
Ignore width=&gt; section
Click OK

Cheers

Lee

(TC3:LFancey)

note: This is a different area than the EaLand download and reactivation section that I was using previously. Once I put my CC info in this area...it was a successful transaction.

M

MrRivers

Those steps you gave are the steps Katheryne's link in her second thread gave me. Unfortunately, I'm still out of luck. I am also more upset when I remembered I transferred all objects to my second account so I can have no object limit on my main. Now, playing on my second account. I need to delete or remove or give to un-trussting roomies over about 100-150 items just so I can put out a tip jar
lol

P

PepsiCEO05

Ace, you may have some luck registering an account on www.tso-e.com ... that blog is run by the TSO developers and they've been really good with the account services.. I have no doubt in them being able to help you should Lee Fancey lag in his response, although he is one of those developers.. see you in game!