• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bill the NUB has departed this mortal coil.

C

Cymeraen

Reposted, with minor editing, from the Sonoma Forum

How many of you remember NUB?

Of those who do (and many who do not), all will remember DeathRage, he was NUB in so many ways. He gave us our shape and attitude. He lent us his fearless love of adventure and fun. He gave us his willingness to die for a good time.

There were other NUB's though who gave us as much character, but in more subtle, and often more inspiring ways. One such NUB, inspite of battling disease, undergoing dialysis, and suffering from exhaustion, always kept a childlike fascination with UO, eager to explore and discover every new nuance, and who always managed to find the mundane exciting and new as well. The one of whom I speak was NUB's inner-child.

Bill (I'm just a Bill [NUB]) has passed away.

His mother sent me the following message:

<blockquote><hr>

I wanted to send this message to all his friends... Bill got very sick Sunday, was in the hospital monday, tues, and wednesday.... I am sorry to have to say this, but he passed away Wed. evening around 7 pm...
Thank you all for being his friend....he loved his computer family....

<hr></blockquote>

I have many fond memories of Bill, and was always impressed with how he never let his condition take away from enjoying UO, or anything else, as far as I could tell. He was a trooper.

I had the privilage of spending a little time with him when he returned to UO recently, and his childlike joy was still present. He was so thrilled with all the new things that SE had introduced. I miss him sorely, now all the more, because he will never again flit into my life to amaze me with his enduring eagerness and joy.

Bill, you are missed.

*To clarify, DeathRage, the former GM of NUB and Stratics Staff member, is alive and well, the last I heard*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You went and got the 'real grey robe' this time Bill.

You were a good friend to play with for all those years, and a good person to talk with those long winter nights.

Ill miss you old bean.

D

DeathRage

Just heard about this ... searching the forums for NUB activities. I'm suddenly deaply saddened. Bill was a good man and dear friend while I was active in UO.

He was a quiet and reserved person on most guild activities, but he was always there. If you didn't take the time to get to know him, you probably wouldn't have realized he possessed a good sense of humor.

He always seemed happy to be a part of the guild and have others be a part of his weekly activities. I know this was difficult for him due to his illness, but talking to him in game ... you wouldn't know it.

Miss you Bill!

DeathRage of NUB