• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Biggest Current Problems with the Enhanced Client

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
In no particular order:
  • Ghost models - models of mobiles that stay where you last spotted them and don't disappear until that mobile comes within viewing range again. Nothing like getting all hyped up for an assault only to find the character you are attacking isn't actually there.
  • Ghost health bars - as you play the game the health bar buffer (?) collects health bars that aren't properly purged, so you end up with an assortment of health bars with various technical issues that don't disappear until you either spot the mobile again, or you log off.
  • Crashing on logging off or closing client - this one is really pissing me off, it is happening at least 33% of the time for me.
  • Client failing to load the UI properly after logging off and on.
  • Pets with distinct graphics in the classic client that aren't recognized in the enhanced client - shortmane, longmane and "pure" black nightmares; "pure" white and off-white white wyrms, red and brown dragons.
  • Craptastic frame rates - AMD Phenom II X4 955BE; 8 GB Corsair XMS DDR3; Sapphire Radeon 6770 with 1 GB DDR5; and I'm getting fps drops into the single digits with DX-9 graphics? Brutal...
That's all I can think of for now. Please feel free to add your own issues.

Last edited:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

• Low Resolution (Classic Client) graphics: No updates on the supposed update in a LONG time, and a project LONG past due. Further complicated by the constant introduction of new artwork/content. Oddly enough a free-to-play game by an independent company out of New Zealand can at the very least add in with each beta patch "Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments." which would be nice even if the client looked a little wonky from time to time due to the differences in resolution.
  • "You Cannot Pick That Up": Bug caused by moving items too fast or lag spikes causing the item to disappear and be stuck on the cursor. Current workarounds are either log out/in, try and move other items very fast, or use a macro function available in Pinco's UI
  • Client/Server desync: Currently small in nature, but if you're a melee character and are not moving while in combat, even if your hands are not physically touching the mouse or keyboard, you will see your character move a tile at random occasions. Only seems to occur during combat.
  • Circle of Transparency: ok, let's be honest... it REALLY is pathetic.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Graphics is a big one for me atm, and also fps screen always seems kind of jerky

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Graphics is a big one for me atm, and also fps screen always seems kind of jerky
You can use pincos profile editor to tweak the zoom level so it looks far better than the default EC setup.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well Pinco, we all know that's not going to happen... :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Pinco, we all know that's not going to happen... :)
yes, now the graphics is secondary, the game core needs a lot of work since it's totally derailed into a "grinding useless items" playstyle... it's a real shame where this game is going :|

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You can use pincos profile editor to tweak the zoom level so it looks far better than the default EC setup.
oh yes I tweaked this a long time ago! I was speaking more of the high rez graphics

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the client was dead when the uokr team was fired over! all they have done with kr is to remove remove and remove, to be honest i think the game is dead anyways.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the client was dead when the uokr team was fired over! all they have done with kr is to remove remove and remove, to be honest i think the game is dead anyways.
dead is not politically correct, the exact term is milking mode :p
In any case this game has always been wasted in the hands of EA...

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
call it how you want it. but if a product got such a support it is dead or in legacy mode ;)

dont understand me wrong for me they dont have to add high res artwork only thing is to fix the old bugs. the gohst players are really bad the naked players too and also the big appearing arrows and lightnigs are not very well done.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ghost mobile images in game. This happens very often, the model of a character will remain where you last saw it. It's visual, but it also presents a target bar, however it doesn't block movement, and it doesn't go away until that character moves into your view range again.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ghost mobile images in game. This happens very often, the model of a character will remain where you last saw it. It's visual, but it also presents a target bar, however it doesn't block movement, and it doesn't go away until that character moves into your view range again.
Are you seeing this happening with certain mobiles and/or players. Does this occur more often when you move out of the view range of the mobile or when the mobile moves out of your view range?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get this allot when I go to destard in trammel then go to destard in fel....ghost images of dragons.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Are you seeing this happening with certain mobiles and/or players. Does this occur more often when you move out of the view range of the mobile or when the mobile moves out of your view range?
There doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern to it. It happens randomly when a mobile, any mobile, moves out of range. A ghost image will remain wherever it was last in spotting range. You don't get doubles, if the mobile moves back in viewing range the ghost image will disappear. But it can happen with just about any mobile, under any circumstances. And when I say "moves out of range", that includes if you move out of viewing range of the mobile, it isn't limited in terms of relative motion.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm seeing some very strange side effects also using EC + Pinco UI. Shows me players that are no longer there but look like they are. I noticed this in Fel at Yew gate. Red player there, cast on them but was just a ghost. Also a red player was showing in Luna bank! I managed to grab a screenshot of this if needed.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've reported this to Pinco, he says it's a client issue.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can correct the naked issue when you double click the player and the paperdoll opens. the ghost images are another thing i would say this happend when you have seen the mobile on the border of the screen. the naked bug is old but the ghost images werent there with the kr client.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ghost images are not something that happens only here, I experienced them also on Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, X-com, Path of Exile, Titan Quest and several other titles...
In some cases updating the video drivers helped.

Bleak_Mythic
In the past I found that the best way to replicate this bug was just doing champion spawns in the lost lands or in the abyss, especially when there are a LOT of mobiles dying very fast while you also move very fast around the area...

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm yes bleak is right, maybe you can clear the mobs out of the client list every few minutes and refresh it from the sever when it in screen again. when you relogin the wrong players and mons are gone maybe a refresh is doing it when also not 100%.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What issue are you still seeing?
Not seeing items in Game...

Still UNABLE to see the giant Horde Minion in game. What are we fighting? I don't know..... can't see it.

Why is it that the EC circle of transparency and house deco menu treat stairs differently? In 2d if you tell the walls to go away the stairs do too.... in the EC you invis the walls stairs are still THERE....

In the 2d client if you use the circle near the stairs the stairs vanish.... in the EC they are still there solid as ever.

Still can't see any item that has animation while you have the circle of Transparency on.... whether you are standing near it or NOT. I walk into half my homes and can't see a number of items... I don't know how many times I've forgotten I had a Fountain for the Clean Bandages simply because I CAN'T SEE IT!.... Or gone into a state of panic and shock thinking I'd lost an important Rare because it vanished!

If you didn't know it was there you wouldn't know it was there.

Roofing tiles why are they not placed in the same position in 2d that they are in the EC? If you switch clients in the middle of doing a roof you'll see what I'm talking about.... IMPOSSIBLE to line them up right.

Still numerous layering issues with the paperdoll.

When will I EVER be able to use the nice doormats you gave us?? If I place them in the 2d client they hover over a tile high in the bottom of the door... if I place them in the EC they are a tile below the door and look totally wrong...

There are still many items that don't sit in the same tile between the 2 clients. Ok if you never switch clients but I'm a Deco and Design person..... this is NOT acceptable.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The ghost images are not something that happens only here, I experienced them also on Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, X-com, Path of Exile, Titan Quest and several other titles...
In some cases updating the video drivers helped.

Bleak_Mythic
In the past I found that the best way to replicate this bug was just doing champion spawns in the lost lands or in the abyss, especially when there are a LOT of mobiles dying very fast while you also move very fast around the area...
In the last line there I see this A LOT at the Invasions..... I think OMG there is a captain there... No no there isn't that was from ages ago. Doing the invasions down in the dungeon I noticed it again... I notice it also a whole lot when I'm gathering keys to Exodus using my steath thief.... sneaking up and stealing and I get the message there isn't anything..... well it's because I'm trying to steal from a ghost image of something I stole from 20 min ago that despawned and now I'm just seeing a ghost image so now i try to pull the bar before I waste time trying to steal from something..... if I can't pull the bar it's memorex and not really there.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing which seemes to be really fixed last patch is the lightning effect, it works now well for me! But you forgot the eagle strike and normal arrow effect of archers, they also sometimes appearing big on the screen, this may happen when the attacked creature is in a special animation state.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an ongoing problem in the EC with seeing things. Some of the items in my house appear when the cursor is moved over their location. The fireflies that you put on walls are an example of this. The walls in my house are empty until I swing my cursor over the firefly locations to make them appear. Other items are completely invisible and cannot be caused to appear. The fountains of life act this way. I have 5 fountains lined up in my house. If I walk into the house, the number of fountains visible can be 0 to 5. The particular fountains visible are not always the same. Recalling back to the house from far away and walking inside will reveal different fountains almost every time. Dragging the cursor over them does not make them appear, although you do get the item gump when the cursor is over the invisible fountain. You can open it and manipulate the open container to retrieve enhanced bandages, but the whole time the fountain remains invisible. Other items that are invisible when placed are the sleigh, and reindeer. I must axe and replace the sleigh many times before it is visible on placement. However, if I walk out of the house and back in it may reappear. Candelabras of souls are another graphic that is erratic. I have 16 in place and probably can never see more than 6 until I swing my cursor over them.
My theory is that the house type is the culprit. I am using the light (almost white) stone tile for floor and walls. This house is MUCH worse for disappearing objects than some of the other builds I have used.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"You Cannot Pick That Up": Bug caused by moving items too fast or lag spikes causing the item to disappear and be stuck on the cursor. Current workarounds are either log out/in, try and move other items very fast, or use a macro function available in Pinco's UI
I encounter this on a daily basis.