• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Big Sale at the Origin Store

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once again, 18 years of loyalty to an EA product and we get screwed out of a "site-wide" sale. Shows how much they want our monie$, no?

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This doesn't surprise me at all. UO isn't owned by EA anymore. If you want items to go on sale you should ask Broadsword, but be aware that they will run out of codes, for EVERY ITEM, for the duration of the entire sale.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This doesn't surprise me at all. UO isn't owned by EA anymore. If you want items to go on sale you should ask Broadsword, but be aware that they will run out of codes, for EVERY ITEM, for the duration of the entire sale.
When did EA sell UO. Please could you provide a link to it because it will be news to every UO player.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Broadsword "manages" UO, but EA still owns it. Broadsword = Mythic under a different name. As evidenced by the complete lack of those promised exciting changes/improvements blah, blah, blah announced when the studio changed names and offices. Same piss poor CS/communication, Kyronix notwithstanding, etc.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Aside from hosting the store, is Origin still involved with Ultima Online anymore?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dnk. I wish Origin Store would crash and the server burn. :flame:

I hate that store, every time I purchase something from Origin its one big screw job.:yell:

It doesn't have to be UO related either last time it was something for The Sims. :facepalm:

DIE ORIGIN DIE ....:sword::bdh::please:

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is my belief that Broadsword has more of a management agreement to 'manage' the game...EA still collects the income and pays Broadsword for their work. Whatever that agreement is, Broadsword likely does not want to see items on sale, or has the authority to call the shots on such.

oops...thanks Dot...had not gotten that far down in the thread to see your similar thoughts.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
They did give Legends away for free, and the store did have a sale on UO items a few months ago -- I know because I stocked up. I'm disappointed that they don't have any items on speical this month, though. I've been watching and waiting because I was going to go stock up again, as a Xmas gift to myself. Probably dropped about $120 last time, but I won't be doing it at the regular prices I'm afraid. Big "miss" for them, I think.

I'd think they'd at least put the older releases (Stygian Abyss, etc.) on sale now that Time of Legends is released. I can't see anyone dropping the cost for both, just to patch up to the latest content.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They did give Legends away for free, and the store did have a sale on UO items a few months ago -- I know because I stocked up. I'm disappointed that they don't have any items on speical this month, though. I've been watching and waiting because I was going to go stock up again, as a Xmas gift to myself. Probably dropped about $120 last time, but I won't be doing it at the regular prices I'm afraid. Big "miss" for them, I think.

I'd think they'd at least put the older releases (Stygian Abyss, etc.) on sale now that Time of Legends is released. I can't see anyone dropping the cost for both, just to patch up to the latest content.
Both? Right at this moment we have at least 3 they would be "hard pressed" to buy if someone attempts to return... if they have been gone awhile which many have it's Styngian Abyss, High Seas And Time of Legends... add in that there is also the Kings Collection (not available as far as i know still in some Countries)... The Rustic and Gothic collections... as well... so by now that's 6 things that honestly would deter me quite a bit from returning if I were looking into it and had been gone for any amount of time.

So add all that on top of the account mismanagement system that honestly is still a horrible pain to navigate (And a big BOO to Stratics Staff for removing the sticky to navigate it, went looking for it to help a returning player get his 2 accounts back)... So they have to get a new account putting them even further behind... so they buy yet another Styngian Abyss start at 29.99 approx which covers the 30 day code, then add in High Seas at 14.99, and Time of Legends at 19.99... and they could easily drop over 100 bucks to return... My feeling is most will do the 15 day trial... hook up with old friends who are all geared out with these things, realize how far behind they are and what it would cost to "get back" in the game.... and say NOPE.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hey, Malagaste --

I'm sorry the thread was unstickied -- not sure when or why, but I can ask to have it put back if you still do have the link handy?

edit to add: As an aside, long-term, on-going useful stuff like this will go in the Wiki/content side. Forums aren't really great for keeping "documentation" type posts organized, as we all know.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey, Malagaste --

I'm sorry the thread was unstickied -- not sure when or why, but I can ask to have it put back if you still do have the link handy?

edit to add: As an aside, long-term, on-going useful stuff like this will go in the Wiki/content side. Forums aren't really great for keeping "documentation" type posts organized, as we all know.
I gave up trying to find it and just gave him Mesanna's email and told him to try that.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There will probably be a bigger sale in a week or two. Usually Origin starts theirs a little bit after Steam, which hasn't started a winter sale yet.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were NO Ultima Online items for sale during Origins "Up to 70%" off sale they had for Black Friday and you expect one now? ...al