• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Big Fish Question

A

Amathist

I saw a post for a fishing contest on another forum, it required the heavy fish with name and DATE to be placed in a mailbox.

Now this is a great idea as it means you can run the competition across a couple of days or over a whole day and do not actually have to be there for everyone to hand in as long as the fish are marked...BUT when I went to look up big fish on the stratics site it said this

Big Fish, Dragonfish and Marlin types: Rare fish that one can use a Taxidermy Kit on to make a nice looking trophy. Do not cut this fish up or stack it with other fish for it will lose its unique capacities. When caught, a big fish may land at your feet, not in your back pack. Their weight is random, the heavier it is, the more rare. Both weight and fishermans name will be displayed on the trophy, but only if the fish weighed more than 20 stones.
Big fish can only be found in deep water*, various varieties of dragonfish and Marlin types spawn in specific areas
It does not say anything about them being marked with a date, does anyone know if this is just an over site or if you have to do something special to mark them with a date?

A

Amathist

Thanks RJM, I had hoped that was the case but as it was not mentioned on the stratics write up I just wasn't sure.

M

Muu Bin

And for the record... the date shown is Greenwich Mean Time. So don't be alarmed if you are getting a date that is a little off.

On Pacific yesterday we had this contest. However, at 4pm PST, it becomes midnight GMT. The dates all went to the next day on us. Our fearless EM, though, stayed up until midnight PST to collect all the fish from the competition.

Was a lot of fun. A few suggestions for those of you holding any fishing challenges:

Our EM locked down the largest fish in the EM house during the competition. This way we were all able to see if our fish had been beaten. Made it a real competition.

All fish were dropped off in a mailbox at the counsellors hall so it made things easy for everyone. The fish were secure and the EM could collect them at any time.

Good luck to any future fishers in these competitions.