• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BIG...... BOOM!!!!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So there is a magical time every night for me.
it falls between the time when my older kids start thier bath time, and my wife and baby are doing their nap/feeding/bath time.

its usually a time that i can slip into game for 30 minutes of 'Prime Time Fun' as compared to my usual 'play after everyone has gone to bed till server up' time.

so last night i thought id invest my 30 minutes of magical time and go have a look at the Mag Invasion.

as soon as i got there i ran around town to see if any of the ruble stuff had started yet.
alas, nothing.
so then i went to go start farming the Light Demons and Void's.

right off the bat i find a Light Demon tucked behind the very north west building.
the one that use to have the cannons and catapults on the roof, or maybe that just the fel side.
at any rate, some mage in all white rolled up and we started to plow the Light Demon down.
i was on my swordsman and was taking 140-150 off her hit.
and i was doing very little to its overall health.
i couldnt believe how strong this thing was.
compared to the pushovers we had all week this one had some meat too it!

so i went at it with a vigor.
i was swinging away like a lumberjack on crack!

then.... the strangest thing happened.
all these little white fireballs started to shoot toward that light demon.... lots of them.... all funneling into it from every direction.

and then the god of fire puked on my monitor!!!!!
now, i work in a pretty high stress job, and have for a long long time.
so it takes a lot to get me excited and yelling.

but i must admit, when the light demon popped it suprised me so much that i was yelling and laughing like the slow kid in the corner.

and then the dust settled and i couldnt believe my eyes.
the entire back wall and 1/3 of the roof was all gone.
blown to smitherens (sp?)

i turned around and ran a few steps in my monocrown form, and a mage just happened to wonder up.. in his shocked state and stuttering questions he was able to res me up.
i walked back over to my body, hit the light demon a couple more times, and POP a nice little orange walking stick popped into my pack.

then i looked all around me at the chunks of walls laying everywhere.
wow.

people where filtering in and mulling about.
then, i happened to mouse over a chunk of wall.
Ruble is tells me.
so i pick it up.
wow, HEAVY!

so i start to pick up more and more and more.
i was lucky to have a bad of sending on me, and i started firing it off to the bank.
i guess maybe i was one of the only people that realised what had happened, cause people where just flooding in but no one was picking anything up!!!

i made out like a bandit.

G

I managed to get a few pieces today of the stone/sandstone from the building, but most of my was plants in the hills above the city, been giving several of those away to alliance members, and got the best on display at THB LP, Drakelord's island, and my daughter's house in northern Yew.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive got just under 600 full size wall tiles and half wall tiles and then the smaller 1/4 pieces.

the tram side isn't even 1/8 of the way destroyed that the fel side is.
and by the way, damn good job COP on doing that.
ive been skulking around and you all are doing a fine job

G

<blockquote><hr>

ive got just under 600 full size wall tiles and half wall tiles and then the smaller 1/4 pieces.

the tram side isn't even 1/8 of the way destroyed that the fel side is.
and by the way, damn good job COP on doing that.
ive been skulking around and you all are doing a fine job

[/ QUOTE ]

got couple snaps, fel side in another thread