• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BFD

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When age of stuff came out with lots of bugs, they gave out a choice of "I survived" items for each char. So, this time around, after deleting chars, houses and even entire accounts, we get a little one use bottle of dye, one per account. Now it's not as if this stuff actually cost them anything.:yell::yell:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deleted characters, accounts and houses? Really? Haven't heard of any of that.

T

Tazar

I have heard of a few incidents. But I believe it is from account hackings rather than the account migration process. Account migration is just the billing system and access to log in-servers. It should not affect the saved data of in-game characters and items.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have thought it would be due to forgetting which account is your main since it seems to link all accounts related to your email. Leading you to think it's gone when in fact you've selected the wrong account.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When they started converting over to Mythic master accounts with UO sub accounts, they wiped a lot of billing info files. By the time they got it straightened out, several accounts, especially those using game code, timed out. Some account info was wiped and the accounts disappeared. Some accounts that had the 6 or 7 char addons reverted to 5 chars. I had a classic keep turn into a smaller custom plot. I had the billing for one of my accounts bounce for lack of billing info. I might have lost that one, or at least the house for it, if it hadn't happened only a week before they got the account system fixed. Who do these people think they are, microslop?

C

Capn Kranky

While my in-game stuff has not been screwed with, I do resent that EA believes the CC info is their entitled information and not mine. If they wish the privacy of the expiration, number, etc ... then let them pay the damn bill.

A proper maintenance setup should allow the account holder to modify CC data (expiration, etc) when needed - easily. Also it allows for a (re)view of that data - even if no changes are enacted. The old account maintenance did just that - the new one does not.

That credit card and the information pertaining to it are my information loaned to EA - up until this fiasco. I have cleared up my information. Screw 'em and their ideas on whose property it REALLY is.

W

Woodsman

I would go post in this thread in the Origin forum because you'll get more of a notice from EA/Origin.com support there than you will here.

The Origin.com support team actually posts in that thread.

I am not aware of any other forum on the internet where you will get the notice of an EA/Origin.com support person. Be careful of what you say though, the mods there can be heavy handed if you go off on Origin too much.