• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BF Sim missed the train :(

K

Krystal Bell

I had my BF and AV sims buy their tickets for the bullet train and for some reason my BF sim is still in BF. Maybe she over slept and missed the train Im not sure what happened. When will the next train be leaving BF for EALand?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

This morning Greg said that the BF train would run again tonight because 50 sims or so got left behind.

However, there was an uproar from BF residents saying they couldn't get in city to pack before merges, moves and city is shut down because trains keep running.

We have no updates on whether any more trains will run, or when at this time.

M

Mzsassypants

Hey hon, the train will run again tomorrow morning as there was a glitch like what happened in AV night before last. Your simmy will make it soon. Happy simmin. And happy day to all whom are just misserable and needs some hugs xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

K

Krystal Bell

Umm I dont want to be a pain in the butt, but I thought the trains were going to run again after the cities shut down. My BF sim is still stuck in BF. When will she go to EALand? Is she going to be moved soon or is she going to have to wait for the merge? If that happens Im going to be a bit more than upset because I moved out of my beautiful house there in order to get the train.

G

Don't feel left alone. I set 3 of my sims to move 3 days ago and yet, they still sit in their initial cities, minus my TC3 sim which is no where to even be found!

I also set a good friend of mine's to move too and his still sit in their cities execpt his tc3 sim, which is apparently in lingo in betaville??

N

Nick6212

Mine still hasnt moved from BF either! UGH!

Does anyone know when it will be bullet trained over???

G

Yes. We will be running the trains.

As a rule, we will ignore the moves for the merge city on the day of that city's merge.

The EA-Land client should allow you to set your sims to move.

BTW: soon we should have Betaville sims able to move.

Regards,
gk

G

and on the E-tso blog he stated this which is the long winded version of the above, however it spells out much better how things will be handled in the weeks to come.
We’ve got a bunch of stuff to talk about regarding cities shutting down, moves (a.k.a. bullet trains), and merges. We figure you need this infomation to make informed decisions about managing your sims and their data. First, let’s go over (the important stuff) the schedule over the next few days:

AV, BF, CC, DG, EJ, FF, IH, JP, MF, DC will be shutting down permanently today (February 21, 2008) at 2 P.M. PST.
Monday or Tuesday (February 25 or 26, 2008) we will perform the first city merge. However, it may NOT be East Jerome (as previously decided). Instead, it will be Dragon’s Cove. (see background below).
Merges will continue until all cities are completed. There will be a pause for other work.
As you might have guessed, the order of merges may need to be adjusted slightly.
Betaville Sims may be eligible to move shortly, however, it might be sims only (no objects, houses, or simoleans). We will be running tests internally over the next few days.
Monday, March 3, 2008 at 8:00 A.M. PST. Test Center 3 will go offline for a data center migration. We expect the down to be between 2-4 hours.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 8:00 A.M. PST. EA-Land will go offline for a data center migration. This will happen only if the data migration for Test Center 3 is okay.
Background

The cities for EA-Land and TSO are divided into two data centers: one located on the U.S. east coast and the other on the U.S. west coast. The cities are currently divided as follows:

East Coast: AV, BF, CC, DG, EJ, FF, BV (and the original TC)
West Coast: IH, JP, DC, MF, EA-Land, and TC3.
Without going into the “why’s” and the “what for’s,” by April 1, 2008 we need to look like this:

East Coast: EA-Land, Test Center3
West Coast: none.
Merges

Mark, Paul, and others on the team have been working very hard to get the merges working. We think we are ready. However, in final tests we discovered data transfers between East Jerome (currently on the east coast) and EA-Land (currently on the west coast) took 8-10 times our internal testing timings. We think this is because of the need to transfer the data across the country. What should take less than a few hours, is 8-10 times slower per city. To put this in perspective, biggers cities would be measured in 5-10 days. Today we are running tests between Dragon’s Cove (west coast) to EA-Land (west coast), if our timing tests match our previous good tests then we will proceed with Dragon’s Cove.

If you recall the previous order of merges was:

EJ, DG, CC, AV, DC, IH, FF, JP, BF, MF, BV (bolded cities are west coast)
Instead next week, and next week only, we will merge the west coast cities (DC, IH, JP, and MF). However, we will merge only one city at time and make sure evertything is okay before proceeding to the next. That means we may only get Dragon’s Cove done and no other west coast city.

We then begin the migration of Test Center 3 and EA-Land to the east coast. During this time, behind the scenes we are migrating the other west coast cities (DC, IH, JP, and MF) to the East Coast.

Once EA-Land is safely in it’s new home, we will resume the merges. Only then we will be on the east coast so we will go back to the original list, i.e., East Jerome will be first up.

While all the above is happening, one or two members of the team will be walking around mumbling, writing on white-boards, occasionally typing code and running tests regarding the Betaville sims. Meaning, they will be trying to figure out why we got Sim guy heads stuck on pets or Sim gals without heads at all, and figuring out how to fix it.

The minimum we will provide for Betaville is Sim only moves. We will be looking at the move and merge code to see if there are ways of modifying it for Betaville. Hopefully more to come regarding that.

Conclusion

TSO legacy cities will be shutting down at 2:eek:o P.M. PST today permanantly. Trains will resume after this time.
Until we have EA-Land safely in its new east coast home, we will proceed to merge west coast cities in the following order: DC, IH, JP, MF
Once EA-Land is transfered to the east coast, the original randomized merge order will be resumed.
Betaville remains a work in progress, and we are doing everything possible to merge as much as possible to EA-Land.

hope this answers your questions

G

GregK

Thanks Gracie and jimoh7777 ....

We held off running the trains yesterday to give people time to situate there characters given the information on the blog.

That being said... we will likely be firing up the trains shortly. Parizad will post a thread letting you know when we are starting.

Regards,
gk

G

my BF Sim.. was NOT signed up for the train. I wanted to wait for merge. although it has been showing in the Ea Land icon for the pass two day's. I did try to log on, to see if the property had followed.. the updating took too long, didn't complete.

I wanted to wait for merge. Why is ??? sim from BF in ea land sim window?
Showing no property. Has ea moved me without my property?

Thank you

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

my BF Sim.. was NOT signed up for the train. I wanted to wait for merge. although it has been showing in the Ea Land icon for the pass two day's. I did try to log on, to see if the property had followed.. the updating took too long, didn't complete.

I wanted to wait for merge. Why is ??? sim from BF in ea land sim window?
Showing no property. Has ea moved me without my property?

Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]
All the sims that are or will be in EA Land show in the EA Land window. It does not mean your sim was moved. If the property window is blank that does not mean anything either. I was worried when I first saw that too but I went to check on my sims that were going to merge and they were still on their properties. Now you can't check on them because they closed the legacy cities. I'm sure your sim is fine and will be merged when his city is merged.

K

Krystal Bell

Tyvm but all I needed was an answer to when my sim was going to be able to catch the next train since she some how missed the last trains out of BF.
I was hoping she'd be in EALand already with my other sim and Im a bit anxious as to when she will get there. Also a bit upset because if I had known she wouldnt have moved and was going to be stuck in BF I wouldnt have moved out of my lovely home I had there.

But ty for all of the info.

K

Krystal Bell

Just an update: My Sim finally arrive in EALand. YAY !!! Wow what a long trip that was, good thing she isnt planning on going anywhere else. LOL

TY for getting her to EALand safe and sound.