• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beyond pissed

DarknessDemona

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'm sitting at Luna Smith shop filling bods. I have my beetle at my side with a pack of bods and ignots and a bag of loot from some hunts. I get a phone call my friend's son just died in a car wreck. I rush out of house.

Still logged in but sitting idle (no macro utility loaded nothing) I think no worry I will just log off idle. I get back and somehow I'm still logged in. Still confused how. No beetle and 4 stacks of 11 gold around me with a book saying cease and desist macroing or more beetles will meet untimely demise signed by a GM.

OK for one I wasn't freaking macroing and what gives him the right to kill my beetle and let it's pack contents decay. I sent a ticket in game with no response. I need to know who to contact I am so pissed I wasn't doing anything wrong!!!!!!!!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I'm sitting at Luna Smith shop filling bods. I have my beetle at my side with a pack of bods and ignots and a bag of loot from some hunts. I get a phone call my friend's son just died in a car wreck. I rush out of house.

Still logged in but sitting idle (no macro utility loaded nothing) I think no worry I will just log off idle. I get back and somehow I'm still logged in. Still confused how. No beetle and 4 stacks of 11 gold around me with a book saying cease and desist macroing or more beetles will meet untimely demise signed by a GM.

OK for one I wasn't freaking macroing and what gives him the right to kill my beetle and let it's pack contents decay. I sent a ticket in game with no response. I need to know who to contact I am so pissed I wasn't doing anything wrong!!!!!!!!
No idea what to say about the GM action, but it is worth noting that if you had timed out you would most likely have lost the beetle and it contents anyway. Pack animals with items in their pack will not timeout with you (unless you are riding them). Once you time out and leave the pet alone ingame, they tend to run off and go wild fairly quickly.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won't time out in Luna for one. Is this your first time playing UO guys? Bank sitters ring a bell? Because other players are moving around/casting spells/talking or what have you, you wouldn't idle out. I'm willing to bet 1 plat that either your beetle went wild and was killed and some idiot left a note, or someone released a dragon or something to kill it. Which I don't know how they could in Luna, but I've seen it happen a few times. If let's say a dragon aggro'd your beetle and no one called guards it would easily die. If you feel an actual GM killed your beetle I'd politely email Messana and ask her to look. They have a log that can see action of players and GM's alike. Again though..I'm 99.99% certain you are the victim of an ass clown being just like..an ass clown.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt it was a GM who left a note like that. Sounds like somebody trolling. Did you take a screenshot?

I understand you were in a rush under the circumstances but why didn't you just spend 1-2 seconds double clicking the beetle to mount it?

Reactions: Map

DarknessDemona

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly that was the last thing on my mind when my friend's is crying saying her son is dead! But it was either a cruel player or went wild but I wasn't gone but an hour or 2 whatever hope they loose more stuff than they stole from me. Makes me hate this game. Thanks guys I just keep getting screwed any way I turn.

I helped a player earlier and tamed something for them then this. Makes me wanna stop helping people.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#1 A GM would have transported him somewhere private.
#2 A GM would not kill your bug and leave a book telling you and everyone else what they did.

A player killed your bug probably by releasing a pet where you were at and before a guard could be summoned to kill the beast.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Word to the wise, don't bank sit.

DarknessDemona

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never do. By the gods do people not realize i left in an extreme situation my friends son died in a head on collision. 16 years old. When she called screaming and crying i left. I didn't even think about it. It's over I lost a ton of stuff. Moving on. No more comments needed ty!

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone killed your pet in Luna it had to be someone in your guild or alliance otherwise they couldn't kill your pet unless it went wild and got guard wacked. As for the book I would look to a sicko in UO which seems to have a lot of them :\ Good Luck and don't quit over someone's stupidity. If we all did that the game would be long dead.

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey, at least you didn't lose a castle filled with everything you've ever collected since 1998...... It could be worse. UO goes on. Live, learn, and let go. Everything is replaceable. It sucks, but it is what it is. Sorry for all your loses.