• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Beware Warning Red Alert

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is a player on Atlantic with Leather Boots Of The Phoenix offering to sell them, taking the gold, and disappearing. What upsets me most, he does own the boots, but he just wants to rip you off. A friend of mine asked to use me as a broker, and the scammer said I was already bidding on them. Thus my friend paid first assuming if I would deal with them, they must be trustworthy. False, I already owned them.

Also they attempted to scam another player, but disappeared when they insisted on using me as a broker. Please everyone don't take anything at face value unless you know who you are dealing with. Never trade unless a player has ICQ, email, or facebook you can contact them at. Always insist on using a well known reputable broker. If they refuse, they are trying to scam you. Please check with me and I will provide you with a list of brokers. Good luck and be safe.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't even have the words to express how infuriating it is that this person was lucky enough to obtain a pair of those boots, which are easy sells at 600 million at the moment, and felt the need to go around stealing peoples gold instead of just being happy with the rare that was completely free for them.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please name and shame them Nails.
Its forbidden by Stratics rules of conduct or I would. I know those rules were written for a really good reason, but as time changes, the world and UO evolves, many like me wish they would revisit some of them to benefit us all.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, LOTR. Good way to handle it! An' thank you Nails for not breaking RoC.

Be safe folks!