• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beware of Uo Sales Scams! plz read

Jesse James

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you see those books on the ground sayin - val hammers- kits- accounts- gold ect with the icq # 406 692 773 and he has goin out of business today, he probraly uses a few different icq #'s. he will ask what shard you are on and then say that he is outa that item but has it on GL or Another shard- then want to do a trade gold first or maybe half- then play it off as though he is really busy and he is dealin with another costomer- please do not be scammed by this piece of garbage-- heads up peeps

A

AmanitaMuscaria

I know who this person is in game. You can PM me, if you want details.

T

Tazar

Thanks for the warning! And thank you for also keeping the warning carefully worded to fit within our rules of conduct... :thumbup:

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying for sure he has never scammed anyone but a buddy hooked me up with him to help him make some sales. I have sent 2 people his way and they both told me hes a good seller. And if amanti says that it is me that is incorrect I am only sending people to him. I did not personally endorse him until 2 people I know and trust told me he was a good seller.

Jesse James

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying for sure he has never scammed anyone but a buddy hooked me up with him to help him make some sales. I have sent 2 people his way and they both told me hes a good seller. And if amanti says that it is me that is incorrect I am only sending people to him. I did not personally endorse him until 2 people I know and trust told me he was a good seller.
LMAO whatever kid-- so your tryin to tell me that last night when he took my 100mill that this is a good seller? then runs off and turns off his icq? i love when people come on here and go "oh no i work with this person all the time" i question if this is not the person that is the scammer tryin to make this look not that bad-

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is scammer simple enough. Wants half gold first then half after and there is never an after. Ask him to see any of the goods he selling and he goes bye bye. Pathetic scammer dont get fooled by this scum

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok think its me if you with. It doesnt matter to me. Like i said i've had a few people tell me that hes legit that bought **** from him. So whatever.

A

Addicted

so you wanted to buy items, everyone knows are dupes? (Val hammers)

Then you cry about being scammed by a duper?

lol priceless

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you're only sending ppl to him ? but you dont endorse him ?
Wouldnt wanna be your friend :lick:

L

Locker

Thank you for the warning and ignore the haters.

Peace,

Locker

Q

qqqa2

Ok think its me if you with. It doesnt matter to me. Like i said i've had a few people tell me that hes legit that bought **** from him. So whatever.
sounds like someone made another account to defend himself with pretending to be a legit customer or endorser

T

Tazar

The various accusation in the thread need to stop - or this thread will be locked.

Each person can post their own opinion on the scam, and cry foul against the evil participants - until names start coming into it. A few posts are stepping over that line with accusations against another poster.

Thank you for staying within our Rules of Conduct.

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone should just buy through SupSoc anyways. Trusted by all. Voted Atlantics #1 Broker.

Have a nice day.

J

Just Here Now

People that give gold without getting the item in the same trade=STUPID!

T

Teiwaz

Thank you for the heads up! :)

As for "scamers" in general, one should never ever give gold or items in "trust" unless you have a history of "real trust" established, going by the word of someone you trust isn't always good as gold, never fully trust friends of your trusted friends as they aren't your trusted friend. :)

Basicly the real victim is more a victim of theirself rather than of the scammer. :)

As for "dupes", untill recently after reading alot of theses boards I myself hadn't known about such dupes involving Runic Hammers (been absent from UO since August 2005). So if a player never reads the boards and is a returning player or a newbie, then chances are they don't have the knowledge of them and therefore arn't "Stupid", just unknowing &/or uninformed. :p

I'm trying to update myself on current UO news before I reactivate my account and rejoin the ranks of UO players (look out Atlantic & Sonoma my GM's will be back action). :)

When I did play from 1999 to 2005 I did most everything I could myself without being "subjugated" to purchaseing from other players, so "dupes" practicly had no chance of being an issue with or affecting me even by accident. That is why I'm doing the research now so I can still be as independant as I was back then. :)

PEACE!

K

KayneD

Yea, any legit broker i think (having worked for one for a year) has the ability to xfer to your shard anyway, if they don't its not really professional and i would be worried about that anyway.