• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beware of the Troller and Impersonator on Multi Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Hello Everybody!

I really hate posts like this, that someone need to make a post to warn everybody about someone impersonating someone else in the game and trolling and scamming others.

This is not news, I know but We have to deal everyday with the "IN"famous scammer "Idoc hunter" person that we all know who he is and his name and his crimes, placing Auction safes on the house and than boot the person from his home and keep the gold and item and so many more... but came to my attention and to few others that recently this person is going on multi shards and after events offer to transfer the items for free or Buying the "drop" and paying on atlantic shard and this person most the time use the name "Atlantic Realtor" or Nails and many others...But I told this many many many times to everybody, ICQ the person first to confirm the real identity before you give anything away for transfers or buy and sell on different shards, always confimr with the person via ICQ.. side note, I dont use the name Atlantic Realtor on ANY other shard other than ATL, so most like if someone approach offering or buying something using that name, 99.99% is the "scammer Guy".

Second thing I want to bring to the attention of everybody, bc the way this person "Threat" the others, bad language, bulling and sooo many more , this week we lost another veteran player that just quit the game bc she couldn't take any more insults coming from him, a person that call himself a "War Vet" and so many other things, telling people that he wish those people Die with cancer and so on, always bulling... I told the person to page the GM and or record the journal and email to Mesanna, but We all know that the GM response is like a week away... but my point on this specific paragraph is, Dont let this person get into your skin, just put him on ignore and or page on him...eventually something will happen, I always say Karma is a Bi$#@.

and finally , I want to point that I dont waste my time and accounts plotting small little houses blocking people's home or anything , to drive the prices down or anything like that... I just get the word that someone placed a house and put under the sign my name and ICQ.... rest assure is not me.
This person is just trolling the house owner next door that is trying to sell his house and his little house dont affect on anything and we know he may drop soon.

Cheers

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice... You know if EA had done their job long ago and not tolerated or shown any tolerance for scammers... and been like most other games... who instantly BAN people who do that sort of thing... we wouldn't have such a prevalence of it today...

That and if the game wasn't 95% focused on Greed and whatnot... and was more focused on community and players and FUN... we wouldn't have this problem so bad as it is now.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic Realtor is not the first player to be mimicked for gain in UO.
This is not the first time some other player has singled out another for harassment. It wont be the last once this is over.
The naming of characters in our game is and has been a double edged sword.
Good and bad has sprung up over the years to mark this as a black eye on the game.
The player who is now pulling this has been seen on just about every shard in the game... they have no heart, no remorse, and will gleefully do it time and again. He best quit while he is ahead.. just a warning mind you.
The powers of the game, GMs, Dev, have pramiters of how they can deal with this.
Don't get me wrong I want it to stop as much if not more then you but there is legal limits to what they can do.
Ea's Legal department still rules in these matters.
It's too easy to say 'Oh, AR deserves this ...."
No he does not. Nor does any of the other players who have suffered the same at other players hands.
This is more then sad and it hurts UO. We have lost a lot of players over the years to harassment, theft, cheating, and down right ugly meanness because others hide behind the idea that monitor screen makes them invincible to any laws cause its only a game.... WRONG.
I have seen many who had a bad day in the real world come in game and ravage their fellow players under the guise of anonymity because its on the computer. They are not hurting anything... big mistake.. yes you are. I wont go into past UO happenings to display the pain and hurt any of you can do to another with your typing...
I have seen the Bullying first hand.
It needs to stop.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic Realtor is not the first player to be mimicked for gain in UO.
This is not the first time some other player has singled out another for harassment. It wont be the last once this is over.
The naming of characters in our game is and has been a double edged sword.
Good and bad has sprung up over the years to mark this as a black eye on the game.
The player who is now pulling this has been seen on just about every shard in the game... they have no heart, no remorse, and will gleefully do it time and again. He best quit while he is ahead.. just a warning mind you.
The powers of the game, GMs, Dev, have pramiters of how they can deal with this.
Don't get me wrong I want it to stop as much if not more then you but there is legal limits to what they can do.
Ea's Legal department still rules in these matters.
It's too easy to say 'Oh, AR deserves this ...."
No he does not. Nor does any of the other players who have suffered the same at other players hands.
This is more then sad and it hurts UO. We have lost a lot of players over the years to harassment, theft, cheating, and down right ugly meanness because others hide behind the idea that monitor screen makes them invincible to any laws cause its only a game.... WRONG.
I have seen many who had a bad day in the real world come in game and ravage their fellow players under the guise of anonymity because its on the computer. They are not hurting anything... big mistake.. yes you are. I wont go into past UO happenings to display the pain and hurt any of you can do to another with your typing...
I have seen the Bullying first hand.
It needs to stop.
I blame EA. To ignore it and allow it to happen for this long is to condone it.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to undercut your point , which I partly agree with ...
EA set its legal department up to stop any action by its employees and its customers doing harm to the set corp that is EA.
Not for policing the game for its players vulgar discourse. Yes there is a under written action in the TOS and RoC for the most rotten of actions one can do in the game.
Here is the rub on it... Most must be seen by staff, recorded in logs, and or both. We can thank the early sue happy players who took the game to court.
EA is not a person... rather a group of investors and a board who might not actually have a stake in the game itself.
If we cant control a president on his mouth and tweets, then how can we ask a game to do the same?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I hate it when this happens. Very frustrating in deed.

I wasn't aware that you only went by Atlantic Realtor on Atlantic.

You should probably publish what names you go by on which shards so we can be sure to keep you straight. It would probably help.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know Nabin its bad when one must list off who you are to evade being painted by a bad player... (s)
These days you have to have a list of proof of who you are even in the RL world.
Name is no longer good enough...geesh
icq#, socsec# , address, Zipcode, secret question answer... ip # mothers maiden name, your favorite color, first pets name, city you were born in, hell the list keeps going.
I feel sorry for any one who has to jump through these hoops.
Atlantic Realtor has been pointed out but he is not the only player in my memorys recall that this has happened to.
And people wonder why I don't play in guilds or in groups..... im better off alone....

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You know Nabin its bad when one must list off who you are to evade being painted by a bad player... (s)
These days you have to have a list of proof of who you are even in the RL world.
Name is no longer good enough...geesh
icq#, socsec# , address, Zipcode, secret question answer... ip # mothers maiden name, your favorite color, first pets name, city you were born in, hell the list keeps going.
I feel sorry for any one who has to jump through these hoops.
Atlantic Realtor has been pointed out but he is not the only player in my memorys recall that this has happened to.
And people wonder why I don't play in guilds or in groups..... im better off alone....
I feel sorry for you.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just get annoyed when people take advantage of active exploits, IE the fact that you can actually ban someone from a house before a auction ends and keep the gold. This goes far beyond a scam at this point and while I hate scammers people must do their "due diligence" in any trade as the Realtor says. It just sucks that this person is not instantly banned from uo because this is a blatant circumvention of the rules of the game and not some stupid "i placed a black hat on the store bought dye tub selling it as a real black dye tub(scam from 99 uo) " or "give me the item first and ill give the gold later stupid moment deal". I get those moments suck but people have to realize when a deal is too good to be true but when its a bug in the game that for whatever reason exists its a joke that the player is not instantly banned.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just get annoyed when people take advantage of active exploits....
You have no idea BUT... we saw one titan fall recently and I have it on good authority that Mesanna is very well aware of a handful of others who have benefited from automated activities , and exploits, so maybe she can send us a message she's serious about restoring the game and ban a couple of other elite fraudsters.

tic toc.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF I remember her words on this set of issues: It is not for others to know the outcome as its not their business.
I have to agree... just do what is needed for it to be settled and let me play. We all don't need to be nosy rosies.
As for Good Authority..... who ever this is I hope that they know what they are spreading cause if not .... I don't want to be in their shoes

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
We're in better hands than we should be, but it's hard to tell sometimes.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the most annoying when such a player like this idocdude shows up scamming people left right and center and yet he is still allowed to sell, trade and post on these forums and scam people outside the game. Talking from experience as one of his alt's on these forums contacted me trying to trade/purchase items. Same icq/name as idocguydude but using a different name here.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate it when this happens. Very frustrating in deed.

I wasn't aware that you only went by Atlantic Realtor on Atlantic.

You should probably publish what names you go by on which shards so we can be sure to keep you straight. It would probably help.
Frustrating? Thats it?

Its a complete debacle.

And Im not sure why you think a workaround by the player who has been the victim of this is the answer. The answer is for EA to take accountability and do something to prevent this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still say it's all on EA they have allowed this kind of thing since day one... if they had any brains at all then bullying and scamming would have been treated like the crimes they are and EA/UO would have a ZERO tolerance policy in place for that...

But since they treat the VICTIMS like criminals and tell you that basically your an imbecile for getting scammed... don't do it again... have a nice day... we have what we have.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's stop making excuses and placing the blame on phantom "EA Lawyers" who probably don't even know UO exists, or require the victims to play semantic paddycakes to address the issue.

BS (or EA) can, at any time, for any reason ban any player for anything or nothing at all. It says so in the ToS. The only recourse a banned player would have is to beg Mesanna or attempt to go through arbitration (no court would get involved, unless someone challenged the validity of the ToS itself).

If BS/EA wanted, they could ban and delete the accounts of everyone who runs script/bot programs, but instead they try to hide behind feigned ignorance and blatant falsehoods. They probably believe, or, quite possibly, know that UO would go under if the cheaters were banned.

I don't envy the catch-22 they're in, but I wish that they'd do something to dissuade botting...especially with the Endless Journey coming out. If they don't, I guarantee we'll see 10x the number of multiboxers lurking at the EM events, champ spawns and peerless. Whatever remains of the resource economy will suffer as well.

Sad.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At one of the last few Meet & Greets a player asked about making the EM drops shard bound...
Mesanna told them they have been debating this for along time.
I did listen to her reasons.
We all know the majority of cross shard players who go to the EM events are there simply to get a drop to sell for major gold. Take this off the table...
Ask the members on Sratics .. many of the people who do this are on here...
Question: If items go Shard Bound what is your reaction and what will you do?
I do not doubt they will threaten to leave and take people with them.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Frustrating? Thats it?

Its a complete debacle.

And Im not sure why you think a workaround by the player who has been the victim of this is the answer. The answer is for EA to take accountability and do something to prevent this.
It's not a work around.

When you enter the world of Ultima Online you enter a Sandbox community. Community in the truest word. You have every type of character out there to deal with those that are gracious and good. Those that are bad and would steal from their baby sister or brother just for the laugh.

Just like any community you are responsible for protecting yourself in the very first line of personal defense. The vast majority of scams, Items stolen from houses, deals gone bad are prevented with just a little common sense on your own part. When you get lazy you can easily get screwed.

Yep that's right 99% of scams are easily prevented. We all have been working through that for 20 years. It is common sense just like AR stated to verify a deal via ICQ to make sure you are talking with the right person. In fact for most it is standard operating procedure. No Big Deal..... Heck if it is deal that takes multiple shards to receive payment on one and an item on another you almost always are communicating via ICQ or another platform anyway.

Guess what I am saying is take responsibility for yourself, use common sense, and do your due diligence. Almost all your deals will be fine.

AR is clearly a major trader in the game and has branded himself as Atlantic Realtor on a few forums and shards. I was a bit surprised to learn that he only uses that character on "Atlantic Shard" and different names on other shards. Hence my statement that you should probably give us a list of who we would expect to be interacting with on which shards so that we know its a true deal.

Now I at least know that if I am on a shard other than Atlantic and trying to do a deal with someone named Atlantic Realtor it is not valid and a scam.

Not a work around its common sense. You know that thing that isn't to common now a days.

Yeah having someone imitate you is frustrating, but they usually go away after awhile when you quit feeding the troll. They get board.

Last edited:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Lord Nabin I use the name Atlantic Realtor on Atlantic only, like you just said "major trader in the game and has branded himself as Atlantic Realtor " because Atlantic is my Home Shard, the other names that I use on all other shards really not matter, bc other than selling Houses here and there using my ICQ # the names varies a lot, but my main toon and the one I made my name, you will only see on Atlantic... You will remember not long ago someone walking around Luna using your name as well and even have the similat guild Tag as yours and walking around calling everybody "friend" and trying to buy their Luna Houses, posing as you and you remember that we had to address the whole community to contact you by ICQ first before anyone do any sort of trades... same happened to @Scribbles , same happened to @Captn Norrington , @Pampa DH and @Nails Warstein , We all know that this happen all the time and We need again to let people know that before make any "Shard transaction" or give an item to transfer to a "Fake" person, to contact them via ICQ, Email, PM, Whatever...
The reason I said that Nabin, is because few weeks ago, the same "Ido..dude" made a toon name Atl realtor on GL and said on gen chat, transferring todays drop to Atl, pls give to me on luna bank.... and thanks to @MrUber that asked me via ICQ if was really me, before hand the item... and it is the same person that at the last RARE FEST made a house just like Capt's and was on gen chat all day spamming, "PLS Drop your rares at my house for Auction".

Like I said, I am not his only target and regarding the House above, I paged a GM and He removed the ICQ from the sign, I pretty much explained that ICQ's# is like my personal Cel number and ONLY I can use and promote to whoever I Want, the GM checked the Plot and he noticed that none of my accounts owned the House and renamed the sign.... but this is just 1 example of things that We have to do bc of him.... SHADOW the person that We all know on Gen Chat, was under the impression that was MY Plot and that caused a lot of headache that we all had to address bc of this person again...

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
He enjoy's ban avoidance, even taunts over it when he pulls it off.

Anyway, the GM's not acting on him(and other clear ToS violators) cost them my subscription(s) this week, lost faith in the game. I'm sure I'm not alone, and won't be the last. Unmanaged things tend to decay and not banning the guy despite hundreds of reports, online and off, was a bad management decision on Mesanna's part, over and over and over again.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for this informative post. I was aware of this scammers activity on multiple shards, but had no idea he was impersonating reputable people to scam shard drop and transfer items. Thank you all for your comments, and thank you Atlantic Realtor for informing us.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has been cleaned up a bit and some posts have been removed. This is now the third time posts had to be removed from this thread, so the moderation team has decided it is time for the thread to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.