• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beware of EA housing scam.

• Thread starter D. Sinclaire
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

D. Sinclaire

In the UO play guide it states that if you have a house that is in decay but not fallen because of an innactive account you can refreash your house if you reactivate your account. Now let me state that this is very clearly stated in the updated Play Guide on a clearly written chart.
I re-activated my account only to find that my house did not refreash. So the Play Guide is full of crap. I paged a GM for help and only then did i find out that it may take up to 24 hours to refreash your house after you re-activate your account. Well by then it was too late because my house was allready in greatly worn condition. A further 24 hours would cause it to callapse.
Anyways after all the smoke cleared i lost 5 years worth of stuf and a nice 18x right in front of Cove. And to cap that off with having to pay the 13$ to reactivate the account.
I think EA knows about this scam and yet the Play Guide is not being properly updated. They are just playing dumb about it.

D sinclaire

H

Hanna

In the UO play guide it states that if you have a house that is in decay but not fallen because of an innactive account you can refreash your house if you reactivate your account. Now let me state that this is very clearly stated in the updated Play Guide on a clearly written chart.
I re-activated my account only to find that my house did not refreash. So the Play Guide is full of crap. I paged a GM for help and only then did i find out that it may take up to 24 hours to refreash your house after you re-activate your account. Well by then it was too late because my house was allready in greatly worn condition. A further 24 hours would cause it to callapse.
Anyways after all the smoke cleared i lost 5 years worth of stuf and a nice 18x right in front of Cove. And to cap that off with having to pay the 13$ to reactivate the account.
I think EA knows about this scam and yet the Play Guide is not being properly updated. They are just playing dumb about it.

D sinclaire
It's not a scam, everyone knows you have to reactivate before the house goes greatly worn. And it does say there is a possible 24 hour refresh period. And greatly worn is a 24 hr cycle, so why would you wait till the last cycle to renew if you wanted to save your house? It's been this way for years, the only way around it once it's gone to greatly worn is to transfer the house to a different account.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even better, keep your account open and don't be a three month hopper.

You could have always cleared out all your stuff to pack horses, five per character, dropped the house, and re-placed it, and not lost it.

Or just dropped it, re-placed, and put everything back inside.

Failing that, housing isn't exactly at a premium anymore. I'm sure that spot sat empty for hours.

A

Arch Magus

OMG, the UO playguide is full of crap?

Someone alert the press!

Seriously, just keep your sub active if you don't want to lose your stuff. It's just a bad idea to reactivate every 3 months.:next:

W

wee papa smurf

You could have always cleared out all your stuff to pack horses, five per character, dropped the house, and re-placed it, and not lost it.

Failing that, housing isn't exactly at a premium anymore. I'm sure that spot sat empty for hours.
Agreed :thumbsup:

S

Sweety

Best way to go solve the problem^^ Not EA's fault

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait...so what's the scam? It's simple rules. Want to keep your stuff absolutely safe?
Then...don't...deactivate...your...account...with...a...house...full...of...stuff

When you quit, bank your junk and demolish your house. When I take breaks from UO I always take down my house. Even though I know it will stay standing when I return I never trust the housing system in this game.

D

Dragonchilde

All you would have had to do was transfer your house to another account. That would have stopped the decay process.

You don't wait until a house is greatly worn to refresh your account. This is 100% your fault... it's not an EA scam.

B

Beer_Cayse

<wonders what post #1 was>

Anyway, as others have stated, not a scam at all. Really! Just go to a 6-month billing cycle like I did. It then drops to about $10/month rate. Easy enough to keep the account active even if you don't play.

G

Gark

I been beatin the anti house hopper drum for years now. Certain area on my shard i would love to get a house, one guy literally owns at least 7. Aint tellin me he pays 10-13 bucks a month on them all.

B

Beer_Cayse

depends ... IF (and I do mean IF) his account had all of the units on it at the time the 1 house per account rule went in, they are "grandfathered". Thus s/he needs to refresh each of them every couple days or so.