• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Better but still choppy / Pixel scaling

F

Fink

Got my new computer with Enhanced running and it's mostly much better but...

..I'm still experiencing a bit of "chop" when I load stuff, and it seems to reload when I double back. Stepping into houses is much better, as is moving around in them (most noticeable improvement in castles of which I own one). Still appears to "dump" and "reload" stuff, though, with vendors being particularly troublesome.

Now that I have more memory to use and abuse, are there any cache-specific settings I could tweak to improve this?

*edit!*

Also, any way to get 1:1 pixel ratio now that they've changed the play window v-scaling? I just migrated from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 and I'm back to seeing "lumpy" pixels.

F

Fink

Okay, just a small update..

I have great performance now although I think they ought to update their system requirements (800Mhz cpu?!). A little jump here or there but that happens with about any game I should think.

Still haven't sorted out the pixel scaling but happy to report most previous issues are all but gone.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have great performance now although I think they ought to update their system requirements (800Mhz cpu?!). A little jump here or there but that happens with about any game I should think.
Did you change anything or was it just ... oh something like the Enhanced digesting a quantity of data and then once completed everything ran better.

F

Fink

I toggled show frame off.. didn't seem to do anything, so I turned it back on. After that it ran great. I haven't restarted/rebooted since then (several hours ago) but it's still running very well. I don't think it was anything to do with what I'd done that fixed the chop. I think perhaps the residual lag I was experiencing was just that: lag.

Classic also runs like a rocket sled now, and I can run both clients at once without any sluggishness. My second monitor arrives in a few days and, provided running two screens doesn't raise any issues, I should be fairly well set up. Classic looks a bit better than Enhanced at the moment due to pixel scaling, which is just sad and a sorry waste of a decent screen.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never seen two monitors cause performance issues, but ... well depending on if you play "Full Screen" vs "Full Screen Window" you may find the Classic will only display on the primary screen.