• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Betaville on my Account????

• Thread starter QuinnCharming
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Q

QuinnCharming

Ok... something REALLY weird is happening with my account. There are 4 slots created for sims in Betaville.... Tamara, Tina, Toby, and Tony TomKat! WTH???
Please tell me WHY? LOL i don't know who these sims are and have NEVER had a betaville sim
I can't click on them either. Please help

Quinn Charming of EA Land

G

breath.
this is normal lol
if you go to TSO-E.com you can read all about it. they made it so we had 8 slots available so they could make all sims available in the select a sim screen this includes betaville and legacy cities and ealand sims

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I have a feeling there are alot of players that created betaville sims the first day it opened and never bothered to go back and delete them. LOL. If you have betaville sims on your account, are you absolutely sure they aren't yours?

G

Gaby

ok...I also have a betaville sim on mine.Problem is ....
#1.I deleted that sim a very long time ago.
#2.It is only showing 3 slots (yes I know where the arrows are and no it will not slide when I click the arrows,lol)
#3.This once deleted betaville sim, replaced my EA Land sim that I play everyday.

So I'm wondering...will I get my EA Land sim back? or am I stuck with this one?
It gives the option to "retire sim", should I do that?

Q

QuinnCharming

no I have NEVER had a betaville sim... these aren't mine....

D

DGLita

Ive had 4 betaville sims make an unexpected entrance as well, I dont remember playing betaville it was that long ago, but i did vaguely rememeber the name I gave one, so ihave to admit ownership of them. It will be interesting to see if that have anything useful on them, couple mil simoleans maybe? only joking

Q

QuinnCharming

well i tried to click on them just to investigate but it tells me internal error. I'd like them gone so if I want to make a new sim I can.... Grrr

I

imported_herk1287

Same Here, I cant scoll over, and cant access anymore then 3 sims on the account

M

Monkeybear

For the people trying to play their Betaville sims, BV has been closed till the merges

V

vapd3317

Since it "appears" BV sims are merging to EAland, will those BV sims be able to visit the production cities? If so, what about the other side of the coin?....If my BF sim visits BV, is he then subject to freewill?

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

Since it "appears" BV sims are merging to EAland, will those BV sims be able to visit the production cities? If so, what about the other side of the coin?....If my BF sim visits BV, is he then subject to freewill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Er.. All cities except EAL and TC3 are closing for good tomorrow so I don't think anyone needs to worry about that lol

V

vapd3317

not worried,...hopefull,...planning to trade all the good stuff from BV to other simmies before deleting the lil suckers.

and closing for good isnt the actual case. The closed ciites are going to be playable after they merge to EAland. Those "EA suburbs" for lack of a better term, supposedly were to be able to be visited from sims from other "suburbs"

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

not worried,...hopefull,...planning to trade all the good stuff from BV to other simmies before deleting the lil suckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

BV sims will be merged serperatly into EAL and become individual sims

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok...I also have a betaville sim on mine.Problem is ....
#1.I deleted that sim a very long time ago.
#2.It is only showing 3 slots (yes I know where the arrows are and no it will not slide when I click the arrows,lol)
#3.This once deleted betaville sim, replaced my EA Land sim that I play everyday.

So I'm wondering...will I get my EA Land sim back? or am I stuck with this one?
It gives the option to "retire sim", should I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are not stuck - the BV sims, being older (according to the game), take precedence over any newer sims - if you 'retire' the BV sims, the EAzy Land sims will come into view. There is no 7 day waiting period any longer, so you can delete them all - be careful that you don't delete something you want to keep.

G

<blockquote><hr>

no I have NEVER had a betaville sim... these aren't mine....

[/ QUOTE ]Are you the original owner of that account?

C

Catwoman1966

I recently took over a founder account and I to found I had 3 for betaville sims, obviously they belonged to the original account holder.

I deleted these 3 betaville sims but now I'm wondering if these 3 sims would have been merged into EA-Land and fetched any goodies along with them, or was deleting them the best option?

I hate to think I may have deleted something worth keeping.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cat.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I recently took over a founder account and I to found I had 3 for betaville sims, obviously they belonged to the original account holder.

I deleted these 3 betaville sims but now I'm wondering if these 3 sims would have been merged into EA-Land and fetched any goodies along with them, or was deleting them the best option?

I hate to think I may have deleted something worth keeping.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what kind of help you are seeking. Sounds to me like the deed has already been done. Once you hit delete...those sims are gone. There is no way to know what might have been.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

ok.... If they merge our BV sims w/ ea land... What happens to the sims we already have in Ea land... Do we loose them? so the bv sims can move ?

(LOL i still have them suckers!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt delete them yet for some reason unknown to me)

G

We have 8 sim slots available, so merging sims from BV should not effect your EA-Land sims, depending on how many you made there.

Sims are viewed in order of age - oldest sims first, youngest sims last. If you have more then 8 sims and the youngest was created in EA-Land, when all sims are merged, your 9th sim will no longer be visible (but will still exist). You would need to delete one of the other sims in order to see that 9th sim again.

Hope that helps.

I

one one acct..... I see 4 bv sims.. and 2 ea land sims (could be a few more ... i moved some from on the train last week ) and one av sim... and one BF sim ... when the merge comes... will i loose the sims i already have in the ea land... and or BF or AV... if so should i delete the bv sims .. to keep my other sims ?

G

Again it depends on how many sims you have on [each] account.

We have 8 slots in total for each account (ignore your TC3 sims - we're talking about EA-Land only), so if you have more then 8 sims on one account, the youngest sim will not be visible.

As we can now see all sims when viewing EA-Land - even though we can't play some of them, if you can currently see all of your sims, then you do not need to worry.

Also it depends how you log into the game - when logging in on TSO.exe you should be able to see all your sims (if you have 8 or less)

Polly

I

im reading that as ....... If we have bv sims.. they would not effect our ea land sims at all... We will be able to have the bv sims as well as the ea land sims.... right?

But what does depending on how many ea land sims you have mean ? Do i need to delete some of my sims? and if so how do i choose? Especially when i havent met the BV sims before .. And I would like to .. before deciding to delete them ....
Are these bv sims the ones that you were able to play in free will?

G

Yes we can have BV sims AND EA-Land sims.

I don't believe freewill will exist when BV is merged into EA-Land.

How many sims do you have on your account?

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

im reading that as ....... If we have bv sims.. they would not effect our ea land sims at all... We will be able to have the bv sims as well as the ea land sims.... right?

But what does depending on how many ea land sims you have mean ? Do i need to delete some of my sims? and if so how do i choose? Especially when i havent met the BV sims before .. And I would like to .. before deciding to delete them ....
Are these bv sims the ones that you were able to play in free will?

[/ QUOTE ]

BV= Betaville = Free play
The Team does not know if they will be able to bring property or even inventory with the BV sims. It is uncertain. IF they do, some BV sims recieved birthday cakes and campfires....and even a few recieved Mystic Trees.

If you have a full compliment of production and BV sims, (3 production, 4 BV) you will only be able to see *1* EAL sim.

3 + 4 + 1 = 8

Adjust the math according to how many sims you had before EA-Land was opened.

I

before ea land opened... I had 1 sim in AV, CC and BF and i believe i had a tc3 sim as well

After ea land opened .. I still had all of the sims above

I had the CC, and BF sims catch the train to ea land

After the last update on Tues ( i think)

I have 4 BV sims, 2 ea land sims, 1 av sim and 1 bf sim

but no tc3 sim

Will i loose any of the sims?