• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Ways to Make Money...from Luc's blog

G

Best ways to make money
Posted in Economy, Jobs by Luc on the February 2nd, 2008

It turns out that the two best way to make money in EA Land are:

Build Custom Content
Manage a store
As of today, Thrill is our top earning Sim in EA-Land.

This is a surprise, because one would have thoughts that the bots who are canning 23 hours every day, would be accumulating more money.

This is great for the game. Not only are we adding more and more ways for you to build content in the game, but all of you will be able to benefit from it in the game. With the dynamic object pricing, it will be easier for stores to make money. Store owners should be able to hire more users to keep the stores open, creating a new user to user job market in the city.

I expect that some users will start to take advantage of the bullet train and the moves to open stores with objects they are bringing from AV and other cities. I already see some mystic trees out there. The fruit business will be profitable soon.

Next week, the first skinnable objects will be in game (alex fixed them) and leverage the content in a new way.

Then the scriptable objects will start to appear, and those will let you build games inside the game.

This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.

Last, the real estate market is not very active yet, but with the new users joining the game it will start to be. I will post again on this subject soon.

I hope you enjoyed the 200% skilling earlier today. Some of those events will be announced, others will not.

Cheers,

Luc

M

mysticlisa516

I'm glad that people are able to earn a sim living with custom content. But can you give the not so technological people something to work with?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Then the scriptable objects will start to appear, and those will let you build games inside the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds cool!

P

princessofsh

Same...I can't create custom content and never could.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch for threads by Niki King in the Tips board where she will announce her custom content classes. Many sims have said the same thing you and lisa have and come out at least being able to make the lower level stuff.....and then from there you can move on to the bigger items. It might take time, but think of the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you finally figure out what's been stumping you and learn how to do it correctly....if that were me I'd feel awesome, even if the object didn't come out looking like a masterpiece.....first tries aren't supposed to. As long as you try and give it your best, that's all that matters, and I am certain that Niki would/will do whatever she could to help people individually as her schedule allows.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch for threads by Niki King in the Tips board where she will announce her custom content classes. Many sims have said the same thing you and lisa have and come out at least being able to make the lower level stuff.....and then from there you can move on to the bigger items. It might take time, but think of the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you finally figure out what's been stumping you and learn how to do it correctly....if that were me I'd feel awesome, even if the object didn't come out looking like a masterpiece.....first tries aren't supposed to. As long as you try and give it your best, that's all that matters, and I am certain that Niki would/will do whatever she could to help people individually as her schedule allows.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true! When they turned on CC chairs in TC3 for testing I just had to try it to see if I could actually make something and put it in the game. Having no artistic talent whatsoever and spending a couple of hours wading through a tutorial, I actually made a chair! I then rushed to login so that I could upload it.

With a littlle time and effort I became the proudest owner of the ugliest chair in the whole world!

You can ask me all the questions in the world about how to make CC chairs and I wouldn't have a clue. It was a true miracle!

This week I even made an ugly statue and someone bought it! I think they probably bought it so they could delete it from the game.
Such a nice guy! Thanks whoever you were!

G

Yes indeed many class participants have made brand new chairs.
Starting next week we should have a dedicated service lot to go to after class so you can see the fruits of your labor right away. I'll be updating the thread in tips for next weeks time. Everyone is welcome!

D

dinaj

singing up for Niki's class and YAY some good news about the game. thanks Nars for this post it gives me hope that exciting things are really on their way. I have been playing the should I stay or should I go game but now I know im staying.

I am especially excited about this in particular .... remembeing the days of the dating game and family fued.

Edited to add: ummmm YEAH im too lazy, cause im too busy these days to go read the blog.

D

dinaj

OMG ... Gracie are YOU the one responsible for the invasion of the fugliest cc in town??