• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Best way to train Magery now?

D

Dioxy

Ok, I only returned to UO yesterday.

What is the best way to train Magery now?

I have a boat, LRC suit, etc.

Thanks in advance.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The best way to train Magery is to first go to New Haven, buy it to 40, then take the instructors quest and go to Old Haven where you will get accelerated skill gain until 50.

After that you will want a -29 Mage Weapon (you can probably Imbue this with jack of all trades - human racial ability or find someone to do it for you) 100 lrc, 40 lmc, as much mana regen as you can, and 2/6 casting. This lets you train at a lower level which gives you better gains. It is also possible to use pets, spellweaving charms and golems to train with a Mage Weapon via attacking but if you're doing to do that you should make sure you swing the weapon at the cap.

At higher levels it can be of benefit to train it on a Necro so that you can use Wraith Form and leech constant mana, the Acid Slugs in Underworld barely move so you can sit on the wall and hit them with area spells and leech back all the mana.

8x8/using a boat doesn't exist anymore.

Via casting only it takes just over 2 hours to GM like this, and probably another 4 to 120.

D

Dioxy

The best way to train Magery is to first go to New Haven, buy it to 40, then take the instructors quest and go to Old Haven where you will get accelerated skill gain until 50.

After that you will want a -29 Mage Weapon (you can probably Imbue this with jack of all trades - human racial ability or find someone to do it for you) 100 lrc, 40 lmc, as much mana regen as you can, and 2/6 casting. This lets you train at a lower level which gives you better gains. It is also possible to use pets, spellweaving charms and golems to train with a Mage Weapon via attacking but if you're doing to do that you should make sure you swing the weapon at the cap.

At higher levels it can be of benefit to train it on a Necro so that you can use Wraith Form and leech constant mana, the Acid Slugs in Underworld barely move so you can sit on the wall and hit them with area spells and leech back all the mana.

8x8/using a boat doesn't exist anymore.

Via casting only it takes just over 2 hours to GM like this, and probably another 4 to 120.
Thanks for the reply -

I have a -28 mage weapon, I've been stood still casting low rank spells, like Agility. But its painfully slow, I've gained 5.0 in Magery in like half an hour, and im only at like 27 Magery (With wand equipped), 55 with the wand not equipped.

My LRC suit is only 100% lrc, It hardly has any LMC or MR on it.. And I can't afford it either.
I am human, so I have the Jack of All Trades Racial.

I'm not sure what other skills this mage is having as of yet, I was thinking of Necro also.

But, any other suggestions? As standing still for over 30 minutes, has increased my magery from 22, to 27. And if you say I can get to GM in 2 hours or less, this isn't working as intended for me.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Not quite. You can GM in two hours IF you have what I said, as you said you don't have any LMC or MR then it'll take a lot longer.

You could also raise Focus for additional mana regen while your training.

If all you have is lrc and no casting then I'd say 5.0 in 30 mins is quite good. Or at least the best you can expect.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disco in Twisted + wand works well. Puts you super low in skill.

J

[JD]

fast 100% poison, -29 mage weap which swings at cap, tell spellweaving charmed arctic overlord pet all stop, all stay. lock all melee skills so magery rises instead.