• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to sell a castle?

G

hi guys,

Basically I've not played UO in the best part of 5+ years, it was a fantastic game and I was completely hooked, but the combination of trammel and rl stuff took me from the game.

However I have a castle in trammel on Europa (between Skara Brea and X roads to Brit) stitting there all this time doing nothing. Every month I'm just wasting away money keeping the account going. I'm sure at this stage I've wasted way more than its worth.

So basically, any advice on selling the castle for rl cash? any tips/advice? do i need to be careful using paypal? where should I post it for sale? here? any thoughts or ideas or suggestions really appricated.

Hope its ok to post this here,

Thanks

P.S. my account is 107 months old now with 11 unchosen gifts, is it worth anything at all? i would guess relative to the value of the castle its not worth a lot?

G

Though I don't deal in real money for game items, I do have some experience with selling non-game-related 'virtual goods.'

Yes, you need to be wary with PayPal if you can't provide proof (tracking number) that you shipped physical goods to what they term a "confirmed address" (which is the buyer's credit card billing address). You also need what they term a "verified account" which involves giving PayPal your bank account information.

Also, assuming you are not in the U.S., be sure to view any international limitations in the PayPal 'seller protection policy.'

You could, for example, write down the account information on a sheet of paper and then UPS/Fedex it to the buyer with tracking information. (Pay up the account a month in advance then clear your billing information in UO account management to prevent identity theft.)

Failure to take these steps is just asking to 'give away' what you are trying to sell.

Other ideas include selling it to someone who lives near you for cash, or accepting only brand-name money orders through the mails before you deliver, but fewer buyers will take this leap of faith without third-party feedback in place first.

Good luck!

P.S. Yes, the veteran account sans castle is worth something, I'm not an expert but maybe between $100-$200 assuming there is nothing much on it besides the reward picks.