• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to raise loyalty to queen?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Right now i'm killing toxic siths but they only give 30 pts is there a better choice keeping in mind its my crafter here...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always used the stone sliths in the desert.
Plenty of them in a small area and fast respawn. Just drop two EVs and stay hidden while they do the job.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also did sliths. It's boring but it gets the job done. I also passively collected ancient pottery fragments, ancient untranslated tomes, and the tattered page (?) or whatever it's called and did those quests.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget to skin the sliths. They are 10 leather base creatures (regular leather for sliths, spined for stone sliths, horned for toxic sliths), which means they can give up to 13 leather each for a human using a harvester's blade.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree that killing those toxic sliths is a silly task for a crafter - they’re fast and they poison from a distance - so you’re going to have stone on some battle skills to get the job done, but I don’t know of a better way, either - they should have the imbuer make some gifts for the queen instead

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do that... I also gathered loads of the books and tattered things and the pottery fragments to turn into get books at the library for points as well...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree that killing those toxic sliths is a silly task for a crafter - they’re fast and they poison from a distance - so you’re going to have stone on some battle skills to get the job done, but I don’t know of a better way, either - they should have the imbuer make some gifts for the queen instead
I just killed enough with Withered Necromancer spell until 1020 Loyalty and never noticed they had a ranged poison. I don't think that's true. They do move freaky fast.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You may be right, it’s been a while - could be they just close the gap so freakin fast - like those hateful fire ants

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i went and got loyalty on my crafters i did it 1 of 2 ways but the same critters.
i killed Goblins in the underworld over by where the NPC quest fella is that you have to guide out of the underworld to get the fishing rod.
with most of my crafters i just took in 2 Vollums as most of my crafters have 2 to begin with and i just had them in there eating goblins while i invised and hide in the corner.
one one of my crafters i went cheap and i just casted EV's and invised, kept doing that till i got loyalty.
either way it takes a while.
i seem to recall i did the sliths on one fella as well on one of my guys.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
pottery fragments to turn into get books at the library for points as well...
Can you do anything with those books from the 3 quests, other than deco stuff? I thought I read somewhere they were good for turn in points, but when I tried, no points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did the Percolem quests to kill different things. You get a gift bag and points. Also save those pottery fragments, tattered scrolls and tomes to turn in to Axem.

Also if Navery is used like on LS. You can go toss a few WoD on her every 20 min and get 50 points.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK i will teach this (not sure if they changed since i farmed it some years ago)

buy a lot of brillant amber go to the public soulforge take the quest to turn 1 amber for 1 random imbuing ingredient, you can repeat this quest over and over, and it give points, you can make a UOA macro, ins less then 1 hour you are ok.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've done it with a non-combat crafter - Treatise on Alchemy, +15 magery spellbook, 2 jewelry with +15 or +20 magery = 50-60 magery.

Add that to 50 or so real magery, you get 100-110 (depending on how you're scrolled). If the crafter is a carpenter, they'll need to have a total of at least 80 for all the add-ons, so why not go as high as you can.

8th circle spell scrolls casting success is as 6th circle spells cast from book. So, 100% with scrolls, about 60% casting success at GM.

So, go to goblins or sliths, use scrolls (or even try casting outright) while wearing a 70s suit (max LMC & LRC if casting instead of scrolls).

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's also a silver serpent pit, read about that a couple of years ago, ev or rc, then invis...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK i will teach this (not sure if they changed since i farmed it some years ago)

buy a lot of brillant amber go to the public soulforge take the quest to turn 1 amber for 1 random imbuing ingredient, you can repeat this quest over and over, and it give points, you can make a UOA macro, ins less then 1 hour you are ok.
I wasn’t aware of this but it seems more in line with what an imbuer should be doing

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 400 amber to go from 0 to 10k, you can do this quest really fast with the right hotkeys.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Amber and Brilliant Amber are two very different things.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the rotworms and gathered the meat for future blackrock stews.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cheaters got that nixed a long time ago, Keith. Now books that you receive from the Percolem and Axem quests are worthless unless you want to collect some of the rare editions and sell them to other players trying to make a full set.
So I can drop that middle backpack and clear up 90 storage?

upload_2018-3-10_12-11-54.png