• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Way to Move

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a keep that is full and decorated. Unfortunately, I tend to get bored with my house and want to change location, type, go from stock to custom, etc. I was trying to get out of that habit and made it a year and three days but...now I want to move again.

What is the most efficient way to move? With a lot of stuff to move, there must be a better way than to carry things one by one from old house to new house. On that note, if I place a new house somewhere else and condemn the current house, do I still get the value of the old house back after I move everything out and demolish it or does condemnation cause you to forfeit the gold? In the past, I've placed the new house with a second account, moved everything, then demolished the old house and traded new house to my main. I'm trying to avoid paying for another account just to move.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You have 5 days to empty your house and you will get your gold back as long as you demolish it. The 5 days isnt anything that anyone really trust though so move out first or at least second day to be safe.

House teleporter set is the key to make a move not to bad. You still need to carry everything but its just a walk onto a tile and you get to your other house.

Alos having 5 bonded packies helps a lot and putting everything that is heavy into commodity deeds.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the past, I've placed the new house with a second account, moved everything, then demolished the old house and traded new house to my main. I'm trying to avoid paying for another account just to move.
This move is the best and safest.
The other move placing a 2nd house on your main account would give you 3days (in theory 5) to move all stuff.
but what if somethings in rl come up during this time? or you get busy with something, 3days move fast.
In that case move the most important and valuable items first if the house is in decay mode.

A 3rd way is to ask a friend to hold the house while you move, but not a recomended way really.

After all is moved you can demolish the old house and get money back :)
(note depending on house and location the house might be of value to others, thus you could possible sell it instead of demolish)

Good lucks!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt trust the decay timer of houses if you place another one. Some have reported that it will drop at various times within those so called 5 days. Best to place ur new house on another account and move that way. Wouldnt want you to lose items cuz of a misleading timer.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly!
I spent 2 GTC's on house movements, placements and trades the past weeks. While the accounts are useless, I consider it a worthy investment. Better safe than sorry.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pre Pack everything into moving boxes/crates or bags to not weigh more than what a packie can carry and have no more than 124 items inside. Place all containers on first floor to one side. Place a house teleport tile on the other side, find new house and place other teleport tile in it. Now you are ready to start relocating everything. Get 5 packies/blue bugs and go to town as they say. I have moved packed castles in less than one day with everything pre packed and ready to go.