• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to make money assuming you can afford to invest?

M

MrMiagi

I would like to get to the point where i'm making a lot of simoleans, is there any method to do doing this? Perhaps by investing a bit (I mean buying simoleans from EA) and making an investment, is there anything I could do like this?

G

invest in a store. Once you get started you can make great profit. Also invest in custom content, that is a huge seller.

G

Be careful.....the game is new, and in a state of flux, so keep in mind, that what *has* been a tried and true money maker, may no longer be so.

M

MrMiagi

Is there any certain skills I should work on if i'm to open a store and create custom content? Do I need to craft/build the custom content?

G

Check out the Custom Content Forum, especially the stickys at the top for good information on how to do CC.

There are no Sim skills you need to open a store...or to do custom content.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Be careful.....the game is new, and in a state of flux, so keep in mind, that what *has* been a tried and true money maker, may no longer be so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, very true.

Also you mentioned buying simoleans...IMO this is a dangerous habit to get into, because the one person I've met that has done it *swore* that he'd only do it one time to get himself started, but very soon felt he *had* to do it again to keep going..but even with payouts going like they are it isn't 'necessary' to invest RL dollars to get a good start in the game, it only requires time, which will be better for the game as a whole because you'll be giving houses visitor hours, and making as much *literally even with payouts being sucky* in a RL hour that you'd pay EA $10-$15 USD for, so unless your RL job pays you much more than that, its not worth it, and will only reinforce that the cash-out without cash-in option is a positive thing as far as EA is concerned, and I fear if that's the case they might never enable cash-in at all, which I know from talking to people is a big thing that they are waiting for, even if they can only make 1 or 2 RL dollars a month.

S

Sean Kendrick

Do something creative. We need more fun and creative places in TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

but even with payouts going like they are it isn't 'necessary' to invest RL dollars to get a good start in the game, it only requires time, which will be better for the game as a whole because you'll be giving houses visitor hours, and making as much *literally even with payouts being sucky* in a RL hour that you'd pay EA $10-$15 USD for, so unless your RL job pays you much more than that, its not worth it

[/ QUOTE ]

You should let this person know that they will need atleast 10 to 15 accounts to make that much.

M

MrMiagi

Yes I was wondering, how do you make $10-15 real life dollars an hour by visiting other peoples houses? The most I can see to be made so far is about 700 simoleans per hour if you play non stop.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

but even with payouts going like they are it isn't 'necessary' to invest RL dollars to get a good start in the game, it only requires time, which will be better for the game as a whole because you'll be giving houses visitor hours, and making as much *literally even with payouts being sucky* in a RL hour that you'd pay EA $10-$15 USD for, so unless your RL job pays you much more than that, its not worth it

[/ QUOTE ]

You should let this person know that they will need atleast 10 to 15 accounts to make that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

To make as much in a RL hour as can be bought for $10-$15 USD? Not. You buy simoleans for 989 simoleans for $1 USD. I just made money yesterday at a money house, with one account, and made $1500 making jams in approximately one RL hour, so no, I guess it depends on what you're doing, but you don't need 10-15 accounts to make $1500 simoleans in one RL hour, unless you misunderstood my original statement, but that's what I meant

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes I was wondering, how do you make $10-15 real life dollars an hour by visiting other peoples houses? The most I can see to be made so far is about 700 simoleans per hour if you play non stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

$10-$15 RL dollars paid to EA would get you somewhere betwen $9890 and $1400 simoleans, give or take, I'm not sure on the math of 989 x 15. I just stated how I made the $1500 simolean in one RL hour inside the game, without having to pay that money to EA for them to give me the simoleans. That is what I meant. Handing EA more money for the simoleans (as you said in your original post) is IMO a bad investment when investing a bit of time would yield you better results in the long run, and not have a strain on your RL finances, unless you were to stay home from work to play TSO or something like that LOL, that is what I meant.....you can get ahead with time, you don't have to get ahead with a RL money investment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

To make as much in a RL hour as can be bought for $10-$15 USD? Not. You buy simoleans for 989 simoleans for $1 USD. I just made money yesterday at a money house, with one account, and made $1500 making jams in approximately one RL hour, so no, I guess it depends on what you're doing, but you don't need 10-15 accounts to make $1500 simoleans in one RL hour, unless you misunderstood my original statement, but that's what I meant

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I really don't mean to pick on you here, I am trying really hard not to offend people in here so please don't take this personally.
1500 simoleans does not make $15 real, it makes $1.50 real.

Edited to clarify where you went wrong.
989 x 15 = 14,835

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I really don't mean to pick on you here, I am trying really hard not to offend people in here so please don't take this personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you are correct, my decimal point was out of place, I sit corrected.
Still in all though, I do believe that there are things one can do in game that would yield even more than $1500 simoleans a RL hour, since I did not even have max cooking yesterday when I was making the jams, as proven by the fact that if you look at my sim I still don't. I think I have 12 in cooking, and I don't know what I'd have made if I had 20.99 cooking, or what I could make in a RL hour if I had 4 accounts and could pizza (without a bot) by myself, but surely even with the reduced payouts between all four sims it'd be $3000-$3500 a green cycle or something like that. If Mr. Miagi has RL money to invest, and I were he, I'd spend that money on the extra accounts, and make money that way, which if one were to play 6-8 hours on a weekend/day off work day (being careful for the math this time
) that'd still be somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k a day, being conservative. When they enable cash-in, assuming you can't play every day for that long but maybe you can, this probably wouldn't make your 4 account subscription fees back, BUT a possible business venture might be using that money to money trade between EAL and TC3, which unless it becomes against the ToS and I havent' heard any evidence that it will, has always been a lucrative way for sims to make good simoleans honestly, and is something that I know players would be interested in cuz I've just this week heard sims in TC3 start asking people if they knew anybody that did it yet. THAT amount of simoleans when/if they enable cash-in very well could be enough to reimburse subscription fees, even if all those accounts were premiums.

G

<blockquote><hr>

BUT a possible business venture might be using that money to money trade between EAL and TC3, which unless it becomes against the ToS and I havent' heard any evidence that it will, has always been a lucrative way for sims to make good simoleans honestly, and is something that I know players would be interested in cuz I've just this week heard sims in TC3 start asking people if they knew anybody that did it yet. THAT amount of simoleans when/if they enable cash-in very well could be enough to reimburse subscription fees, even if all those accounts were premiums.

[/ QUOTE ]

The very fact that selling simoleans back to EA in TC3 is not going to be enabled and once we create a sim in TC3 we can never move it to EA-Land would lead me to believe that the trading of simoleans between the two cities is very much against the spirt of the ToS.

The whole point of having a different kind of play in TC3 and restrictions to freeplay in EA-Land is to encourage people to want to fully subscribe to the game.

And to the original poster, you will have 8 slots in EA-Land. One day we may be able to play multiple sims on the same account at once. Therefore your rl money may be better spent on actually buying simoleans rather then subscribing to 4 accounts. Of course you could do both if you can afford it !

Judging by the number of stores open in EA-Land versus the number of money houses, my suggestion would be to to find an alternative way of making money then the ingame money objects.

Investing in a store, learning to make custom content, becoming a property designer, roof artist etc are all alternative ways to make money in game.

You will find lots of different advice on these forums, not all of it will be good advice, only you can work out what is the best course of action for you

Polly

M

MrMiagi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited to clarify where you went wrong.
989 x 15 = 14,835

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you make 1500 an hour doing this though? I saw someone say the max you can get for jamming is 55 sims a game, you can play max maybe 14 games per hour, that's about 800 simoleans per hour at the most.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you are correct, my decimal point was out of place, I sit corrected.
Still in all though, I do believe that there are things one can do in game that would yield even more than $1500 simoleans a RL hour, since I did not even have max cooking yesterday when I was making the jams, as proven by the fact that if you look at my sim I still don't. I think I have 12 in cooking, and I don't know what I'd have made if I had 20.99 cooking, or what I could make in a RL hour if I had 4 accounts and could pizza (without a bot) by myself, but surely even with the reduced payouts between all four sims it'd be $3000-$3500 a green cycle or something like that. If Mr. Miagi has RL money to invest, and I were he, I'd spend that money on the extra accounts, and make money that way, which if one were to play 6-8 hours on a weekend/day off work day (being careful for the math this time
) that'd still be somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k a day, being conservative. When they enable cash-in, assuming you can't play every day for that long but maybe you can, this probably wouldn't make your 4 account subscription fees back, BUT a possible business venture might be using that money to money trade between EAL and TC3, which unless it becomes against the ToS and I havent' heard any evidence that it will, has always been a lucrative way for sims to make good simoleans honestly, and is something that I know players would be interested in cuz I've just this week heard sims in TC3 start asking people if they knew anybody that did it yet. THAT amount of simoleans when/if they enable cash-in very well could be enough to reimburse subscription fees, even if all those accounts were premiums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you, and I really do hope you didn't take any offense to me pointing out your maths error.
The best ways I know to make simoleans that I have sorted out so far is going to extreems a little. I have been looking seriously at what could be done in that respect for the reasons you just pointed out.
A player can use 6 accounts skilled for 2 teams of code. It's easy with a chart that a person can get from here in stratics "atleast used to be able, I'm not sure if it's still there" to do 2 lots of code one 1 computer at the same time. That makes about 5k a green between all 6 sims.
Going to real extreems, a player can use 25 accounts, skill up all sims and do 25 single jobs on 1 computer at the same time. Your system would need 4gb of ram and a fast internet connection. I looked at pinatas, the timing for them is 4 mins 50 seconds to payouts. That leaves plenty of time to change screens and collect payouts from each sim. To go to further extreems, because there is enough time between clicking sell and start a player could actually do this on atleast 2 machines doubling the amount of simoleans again. I would estimate that a single player using no third party software could make in access of 40k an hour that way. So even without bots, EA still hasd a major problem in being able to introduce the buybacks. And I have been trying to point that out for ages now. And from what I understand, they still plan to make it so each account can have 5 sims and play them all at the same time, making it even easier to do what I just said.

M

MrMiagi

The whole thing of using 25 accounts to make money just seems to good to be true, get a bot to play 24/7 and you'll make back your subscription fee in just one day, although that's cheating, you don't even have to do that, you could play it manually for 12-16 hours a day and you won't be cheating and you'll make back the subscription fees in 2 days instead. This is assuming when EA add the option to sell simoleans you can sell them back for almost the price that EA sells them for, which is 1 USD per 1000 sims.

Using this method you will be taking EA's money, somehow I just can't see EA allowing this to happen, unless they decided they like giving away money.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The whole thing of using 25 accounts to make money just seems to good to be true, get a bot to play 24/7 and you'll make back your subscription fee in just one day, although that's cheating, you don't even have to do that, you could play it manually for 12-16 hours a day and you won't be cheating and you'll make back the subscription fees in 2 days instead. This is assuming when EA add the option to sell simoleans you can sell them back for almost the price that EA sells them for, which is 1 USD per 1000 sims.

Using this method you will be taking EA's money, somehow I just can't see EA allowing this to happen, unless they decided they like giving away money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's why they have a problem and haven't introduced the buybacks.