• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to get talismans?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wanting to find a vermin slayer talisman (or three), so whats the best quest to do?

I did the gaman horn strong box one a few times, but that one takes ages to gather up the junk for it.

Crafting ones maybe? Or is there a really easy large bag of treasure quest someplace?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd try crafting tbh. Might even get a decent recipe or two along the way.
I have one spare crafting tali that has vermin slayer on it if you want it.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the best drop i have found for tali's, in my experience, is the crafting quests in heartwood. the easiest one for Siege would be the tinkers quest since they require small amounts of ingots for the barrel tap quest. and since they now stack (the barrel taps), you can make em at home, and then take them to heartwood in large quantities.

G

Gelf

yea the craft quests are probably the best way to get tali's. you can also get some decent ones from ML boss loot. the minotaur quest(the gaman one) is pretty much a bust, did 200 times about 8 months ago, and all i got was 1 halfway decent tali(a 26/24 smithy),although i did avg about 1 relic per quest from unraveling the loot. however considering how long it took to get quest items, it wasn't even close to being worth the effort.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the best drop i have found for tali's, in my experience, is the crafting quests in heartwood. the easiest one for Siege would be the tinkers quest since they require small amounts of ingots for the barrel tap quest. and since they now stack (the barrel taps), you can make em at home, and then take them to heartwood in large quantities.
Hey nice tip, thanks! I have tons of ingots sitting around doing nothing as well.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got a vermin as a bag reward from the war effort. If gold is not an issue then the broadsword smith quest works. People are paying well for the knights warcleaver recipe so could come out ahead

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering you can load up 16K of ingots on a beetle, the blacksmithing and tinkering (barrel taps) would last a while. Personally, I would just do the fletching quest, and use any oak kits to try and make balanced bows to imbue, and any heartwood kits to use for relic fragments.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also have one U can have, Uvtha.

But why do you want to kill your own kind...?

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[I'm wanting to find a vermin slayer talisman (or three), so whats the best quest to do? ]

Yes Heartwood quest is the best way to get Talisman. I love the Bow one, since I have lot of wood.

If you play on Pacific, I can help you out. I have a spare.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have found every slayer type by just looking in the bags left in heartwood. But, it was busier when ML was first released.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The best way to do "The ancient World" quest (the one that requires the Gaman horns) is to multi-task.

(1-3 can be done in any order - but concentrate on one job, before doing the others)

1. go out and collect all the tattered map fragments you need in one trip. This can me good for resist training, as you're killing Priests of Mondain. It can also serve as a means to try to "distract" one of the SP PvP guilds for your allies, if you start hacking down their red healers near a popular PvP area. (the same holds true for others doing it in Fel on normal shards).

2. When you go gaman horn collecting, take a butcher's war cleaver or skinning knife (the latter has to be wielded, not just in pack like the BWC), and harvest normal leather as you collect the horns. Gaman are also good targets for high-end taming gains (and, after all, you don't have to collect the horns on the account or character running the quest). Use or sell the leather to other players.

3. Send a naked stealther into the Labyrinth for the minotaur artifacts. You should be able to get enough for 10 trips in one go. You might even manage to sneak in and steal someone's miasma paragon chest off the ground, if they are just looting them and dropping them (wait until they are too involved in combat to notice a disappearing chest).

4. take 10 maps, 30 artifacts, and 200 horns to Heartwood (or whatever you can get away with that doesn't put you overweight). There, you'll just then be running back and forth doing the quest, as you don't actually have to go to the Labyrinth or Tokuno as part of the quest, despite what the quest infers.

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

A good way is to do lady melisande with some friend in the fel. You can get alot of nice tailsman if you lucky. Getting somewho who is wearing high luck suit will increase the chance of getting some nice item. Doing in fel is double the loot and normally a few tailsman go with it. Hope it help ^^

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Heartwood do the stools from the lady on the bridge forget her name i know it starts with a C its 10 stools per very easy for a beginner carpenter with a few packies full of plain wood you can get alot of tali's in no time. But you need to be patient one will sooner or later be the one you want.

B

Bob the Scribe

I have found that doping the Lethal Darts quest is a good easy one.

Just need 10 bolts per quest.

You can get your wood from lumbering, and all your feathers from the various birds that stray the lands. For quick feather collection do the harpies in spirituality, and ask firends who do swoop to save you the feathers.

Fletch your wood into shafts and then make bolts. A pack horse can carry about 16000 bolts thats 1600 quests.

If you have a tinker then the barrel taps is your next best bet.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

A good way is to do lady melisande with some friend in the fel. You can get alot of nice tailsman if you lucky. Getting somewho who is wearing high luck suit will increase the chance of getting some nice item. Doing in fel is double the loot and normally a few tailsman go with it. Hope it help ^^

"Getting somewho who is wearing high luck suit will increase the chance of getting some nice item."...........

QUESTION.

It only matters that the High Luck suit player is in the party or they actually have to land the killing blow in order to have the loot be influenced by that high luck of that single party member ?

How does luck really work as in regards to making better loot spawn ?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Getting somewho who is wearing high luck suit will increase the chance of getting some nice item."...........

QUESTION.

It only matters that the High Luck suit player is in the party or they actually have to land the killing blow in order to have the loot be influenced by that high luck of that single party member ?

The rolls for luck are based off the luck of the top damager.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

QUESTION.

Aha, so not only there has to be someone in the party with a luck suit but they also should be left doing most of the damage if the party wants to take any advantage from it.........

Though, I would imagine, since in order to have high luck one has to give up better modifiers which help increase the damage, it is quite hard to have high luck AND be the top damager......

Usually it is those with no luck or little of it who are capable of doing the most damage.

It kinda sounds contradictory to me, have to have high luck but at the same time have to be top damager.......

It does not go well with combat modifiers, does it ?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha, so not only there has to be someone in the party with a luck suit but they also should be left doing most of the damage if the party wants to take any advantage from it.........

Though, I would imagine, since in order to have high luck one has to give up better modifiers which help increase the damage, it is quite hard to have high luck AND be the top damager......

Usually it is those with no luck or little of it who are capable of doing the most damage.

It kinda sounds contradictory to me, have to have high luck but at the same time have to be top damager.......

It does not go well with combat modifiers, does it ?
Even before imbuing, you could put together a good luck suit for an ABC archer and deal a lot of damage, and of course, there are tamers. Tamer/Mage/SW'ers can deal out massive damage even in a luck suit.

Plus, there is nothing that says you have to wear the same suit the whole fight. In UO Assist, and from what I hear of the EC, it is pretty easy to swap suits in and out. Just swap over to the luck suit before the creature dies.

N

Nastia Cross

Wish they would add talismans to the treasure chests instead of all that junk loot.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I actually have a question about that, since the luck page on Stratics confused me. At the top is written
Some things to consider about Luck
Luck is determined by the person that did the most damage to a monster.
Yet under the table that says "Chance that loot value will increase for a given value of luck" it says something else, namely:
A monster has two types of loot, that which is generated at spawn (like gold, equipment carried, etc) and that which is generated upon death via the average luck of the party which is credited with the kill.
I bolded it to stress that is the bit that confused me.

Basically what I need to know is, when hunting in a party (with or without breaking near the end), do we all need to wear as many luck as possible or just the top damager? Sorry for asking a question that probably has been asked before, I just spend some hours looking through threads which came up when searching for "luck", there are countless of those!! :(

And one more q, abt what Taka said. The double loot in felucca, is that just things like leather or also items on corpses? :confused:

Hopefully someone can clear up my confusion! Thanks for reading!
Tabby Kapak

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When loot is determined, when luck is applied, it is the luck of the player that did the most damage. That is for all the loot on the monster.

Then, each player that did enough damage will get an instanced corpse.

As far as loot in Fel. I know that loot in fel is of a higher intensity than what you will find in Tram. Luck would/should bump that higher. I believe that there is more items, but it has been a while since I've hunted in Fel and can't give you a definate answer on that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's also a good idea to attend EM events. Most EM event boss monsters are creatures that drop high-end talismans in their corpse. Even if you don't have a character that fights the boss, you can always loot it after the instanced corpses combine.

Last night on Lake Austin, I pulled two decent Tailor talismans off the corpse of the boss (And missed out on a couple of other crafting talismans that pretty much got jerked out of my hands, as I hovered over them to see the stats, but before I could click to grab, someone else did). The talismans I got were

A. 30% Tailor Bonus, 15% Tailor Exceptional Bonus
B. 27% Tailor Bonus, 24% Tailor Exceptional Bonus