• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Way to Get Started

• Thread starter Shoshanna
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Shoshanna

I would like to get started playing. I'm finding several different downloads and different expansions.

Which one should I use? Which one has the most access?

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, if ye could find a copy of the 9th Anniversary edition somewheres, 'twould be the way to go!

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, 9th Anniversary Edition gives you the latest expansions. Barring that get the basic client and purchase Mondain's Legacy. You should still be able to find a box of the 9th around somewhere though.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bear in mind this is my personal opinion, so please don't anybody flame me for this, But I would suggest using the 2d client. It's not as buggy as KR, but the graphics are somewhat lacking. (Personally, I would say if you're looking for eye candy, this is the wrong MMO for you)

As for expansions, the 9th anniversary gives you everything you'll need. But just for future reference the latest actual expansion was Mondains Legacy.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *wanted* to suggest KR but since it's not quite feature complete I usually don't direct new players to it right away. I probably should though.

M

monnie101

Are you a totally new player? I hope not. If you are, you will need the full briefing on how to protect yourself and not be griefed/scammed into handing over your measily life savings.

Playing UO is like walking into the wild west. Trust no one. Hand over nothing to no one. You even have to be careful of excepting things from people.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you a totally new player? I hope not. If you are, you will need the full briefing on how to protect yourself and not be griefed/scammed into handing over your measily life savings.

Playing UO is like walking into the wild west. Trust no one. Hand over nothing to no one. You even have to be careful of excepting things from people.
Oh come on, it's not so bad nowadays.

It used to be really bad, but a lot of the grievers have moved on to other games.

If you're considering starting on Europa, feel free to PM me and I'll get you in touch with the right people to get you going :).

C

Connor_Graham

I would like to get started playing. I'm finding several different downloads and different expansions.

Which one should I use? Which one has the most access?
If you choose Pacific as your shard, let me know. I'll get you started out and pointed in the right direction. Also, if you have any questions about the game itself, feel free to send me a PM. I'm always glad to help.