• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Best way of switching between MORE than 2 bows?

J

[JD]

I have one bow for farming silver, one bow which does AOE's at spawns, one for dismounting, one which is insanely fast and high DPS to interrupt mages, one for mortal, one for AI...

Obviously the "Use Last Weapon" macro is not enough.

I've been experimenting and here's the best way I've found to switch between bows:

• Drag In Mani to the macro, right click, target self
  • Delay .5
  • Equip bow

When your toon tries to cast In Mani on themselves, anything in your hands will be dropped. This is MUCH FASTER than the lame Unequip delays necessary. It's also a lot less complicated of a macro to setup than using unequip.

If you are ninjaformed you cannot cast spells so it won't even break stealth.

But is there a BETTER, faster way?

Thanks

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't test right now, so it might not work for bows... but having the macro be simply "Equip Bow" should unequip your old one and equip the new one instantly.

If it doesn't, you should report it as a bug.

D

Diggity

Since the last patch, you can switch bows with the equip action without having to worry about unequipping left/right hand.

So you can have one hotkey action to equip each weapon. Pressing each hotkey will automatically unequip whatever weapon you are holding and equip the one for the hotkey.

B

BlackMagus

Since the last patch, you can switch bows with the equip action without having to worry about unequipping left/right hand.

So you can have one hotkey action to equip each weapon. Pressing each hotkey will automatically unequip whatever weapon you are holding and equip the one for the hotkey.
That.

Actually, the nice thing about EC equips is that you have NO delay whatsoever in equipment actions.

Switch whole suits in the same way in an instant... :thumbup1:

J

[JD]

Thanks for the info, glad they did that. Weapon switching was so horrible and kludgey previouslly

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming the same thing will happen if you equip a different quiver - auto-unequips the previous quiver without a problem. Just thinking about when you switch between crossbows and bows.

J

[JD]

Do I need to switch quivers? I have 2 quivers of infinity, one holds 500 arrows, the other 500 crossbow bolts. I keep the arrows on my back for DCI and the other just is in my pack. Does something happen if I change quivers?

Also has anyone found an elegant solution for switching a weapon, automatically using a weapon special, and attacking? Just to reduce all the key clicking and human error. I made this one, but let me know if somoene knows of a better way:

Equip Crossbow
Delay .2
Mortal Strike
Attack Current Target

I have similar ones for dismount and AI also. The idea is from stealth I use my dismount, then switch to mortal, then switch to AI. I need to add in Ninja stars there somewhere but I haven't had time to learn and mess with them.

Thanks

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yea it auto-unequips each slot, or any slot you are trying to equip i should say. Also no need to switch quivers.

T

Tukaram

Awesome. That has helped my Fisherman immensely. I had a terrible macro to stop fishing, stop the boat, equip the bow, go into war mode, attack nearest bad guy. It worked fine but took longer than it should, it made me put in delays too.

Now it is 4 easy steps (should be 3 but one of them is to say "Holy mackerel that is not a fish!")

I am so glad this Forum is here. This is a great macro system but a crazy learning curve (and no documentation that I've seen).