• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best tamer pets.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the answer to that questions is much more specific to what you want to hunt now... and changes accordingly.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the mare myself...... she is proving to be a very good all around tank for my archer/tamer. I put her resist at all 80s and gave her mage. Pretty basic but very durable.

Nightmare.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you training your mare? I cant seem to find a good mob to get decent gains on.
Dread Pirates 1st phase training each Pirate will give most 3 slot pets 50% , 2nd Phase and 4 slot pets each pirate give 25% Take a lot of bandaids. Also it only takes 6-8 dread pirates to 100 anatomy about the equal of vorpal bunnies for anat gains only the pirates live a whole lot longer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the mare myself...... she is proving to be a very good all around tank for my archer/tamer. I put her resist at all 80s and gave her mage. Pretty basic but very durable.

View attachment 66176
With 260 Mana how does it cast any spells or do specials? The mana would be 0 in 2 mins.

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Isnt the manapool pretty pointless beyond the ability to cast the most expensive spell/ability like twice or something? I'm talking about PvM...even with 1500 mana as soon as that mana is gone there is no difference between 1500 max mana or 200 max mana or am I wrong?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt the manapool pretty pointless beyond the ability to cast the most expensive spell/ability like twice or something? I'm talking about PvM...even with 1500 mana as soon as that mana is gone there is no difference between 1500 max mana or 200 max mana or am I wrong?
Yes and No depends on the pet from what I am seeing. My Tsuki seems to endlessly spam wither with a poison strike tossed in now and then until his mana is depleted......... That is a lot of withering!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was REALLY hoping for good things with the Serp Drags but was very disappointed. Imo they need a buff to be alongside the GD... but yeah, I am biased as I have always like that art work best.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are plenty of boss encounters which can last several minutes where having a high mana pool for specials like AI, etc. come in extremely helpful.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
More mana means faster mana regeneration.
More HP means faster HP regeneration.

It absolutely is worth it to put points into these stats, HP for survival and ease of keeping it up, mana for more casts.
Apart from that, with 1500 mana, your pet has a lot of burst damage up front.

Turbo

Adventurer
I find with 30 mana regen and 115 med my pets dont cast often enough to use much mana and get by fine on around 300 without running out