• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Best Tali for crafting Super Slayer Spellbooks

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I understand for the best chance at crafting Super Slayer spellbooks you want 120 Magery, 120 Eval (and some even make sure they have 120 med just for superstition or kicks and giggles). I have 120 Magery & Eval.

What my question is targeted at are the Inscription Talismans. Reg. Bonus vs. Except. Bonus. Is it: a) the more spellbooks you create the better chance at crafting a super slayer spellbook? (hence a tali with reg. bonus 30% would be optimal) or b) the more 'exceptional' spellbooks you create the better chance at crafting a super slayer spellbook (hence a tali with except. bonus 30% would be optimal)

I have the following 2 Talismans:
1) Reg. Scribe Bonus 21% - Except. Scribe Bonus 24%
Crafting Success Chance = Reg. 71% / Except. 29%

2) Reg. Scribe Bonus 14% - Except. Scribe Bonus 30%
Crafting Success Chance = Reg. 64% / Except. 35%

Which Tali would give me the best chance to craft Super Slayer spellbooks and why?

Last edited:

PuckOfPacific

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I heard having your magery over 120 was best (I know it can't technically get over 120) by having plus 15 ring and brac the tome and anything elese that gives you a mod. And Eval isn't as big a deal.

DankNuggets

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've been a scribe 'nut' for over 6 years. I don't do imbuing, mining, smith, etc. I do scribe. I've burnt more scrolls then most people have ever seen, multiple servers, multiple talismans, multiple toons.

Magery is the factor for mods and mod intensities for spellbooks. A gm mage CAN make super slayers, but it's rare and will rarely have additional mods. 120 magery gives you the best chance.

For the talismans you have, it's up to you which one to use they are both good. A higher exceptional bonus means you have the potential for higher mod books. However you will fail more often. Obvious, but there is really no difference. Super slayers are a mod roll. Which ever you choose it won't increase your chance of a super slayer that much. You will DEF want to use one tho. I personally would choose the 30 exceptional because I want high/multiple mod books. It's kind of a catch 22, more books means more % to get super slayer but higher exceptional means better quality books.

The actual chances of getting a slayer are random. I do not have any %'s or anything like that. I tend to get them in streaks. Some nights I've gotten 6 super slayers and other times I'll go a week or so without one. Out of all the slayers I have made only 5 out of 100 have 3 mods. It's hard for me to keep track of totals as I often sell them or give em to guild members etc. My goal is to have a full set of SDI MR Super slayers. Point is if you are going after super slayers or a scrappers super slayer you will need a lot of resources and time.

Also expect to roll tons and tons of undead books. Useless because of the artifact books floating around, and the new haven undead book you get for almost nothing. But chances are when you are stuck on a slayer it will roll out an undead. I tend to get an awful lot of demon slayers as well. Repond and Reptile are the hard ones for me and I usually get multiple mod Arachnid books when they pop.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Dank!

That is about as thorough and direct reply I could hope to get. I feel much more confident on how to proceed.

Much appreciated !!

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
DankNuggets:

Repond are hard for you. Which means you're getting some. I went through 480,000 blank scrolls with two different characters both 120 Margery used mostly a 30 exceptional inscription tally which resulted in zero repond slayers. 120 Eval which I don't believe makes any difference.

At this point I'm willing to stand on my hands while making them. I'm thinking of making them on a different server with a different account. I bought about 1.2 million blank scrolls and are about to make a new batch of books. Are there any suggestions you can give to get some repond slayers other then buying them from other people that can make them (which is what I'm doing now)?

Thank you very much
Ox

Last edited:

Azurel_uo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
DankNuggets:

Repond are hard for you. Which means you're getting some. I went through 480,000 blank scrolls with two different characters both 120 Margery used mostly a 30 exceptional inscription tally which resulted in zero repond slayers.
Thank you very much
See to me that is kind of funny and no i am not poking fun.
i have burnt maybe 200k blank scrolls since i came back to game in novmber of 14 and have made 4 deamon 5 undead 7 repond 3 arachnid but no elemental slayers
That is sitting in luna bank on cats server 120 mage 115 eval 120 med with a 27/27 tally on
dont know if this info helps but there it is

Last edited:

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
See to me that is kind of funny and no i am not poking fun.
i have burnt maybe 200k blank scrolls since i came back to game in novmber of 14 and have made 4 deamon 5 undead 7 repond 3 arachnid but no elemental slayers
That is sitting in luna bank on cats server 120 mage 115 eval 120 med with a 27/27 tally on
dont know if this info helps but there it is
I'm getting more elemental slayers then anything else. trade you? i can get to cats.

Azurel_uo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm getting more elemental slayers then anything else. trade you? i can get to cats.
well i have sold the ones i did not need. However i will consider trading any i make in the future and will eather pm you or post in this thread when i have any i am sure we can do something what shard are oyu on as i have friends who travel to dif shards also and might b able to delever any books you need i do not scribe every day but when i do i burn around 60k scrolls at a time so i will save any repond that i do not use for myself and let you know what i have

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well i have sold the ones i did not need. However i will consider trading any i make in the future and will eather pm you or post in this thread when i have any i am sure we can do something what shard are oyu on as i have friends who travel to dif shards also and might b able to delever any books you need i do not scribe every day but when i do i burn around 60k scrolls at a time so i will save any repond that i do not use for myself and let you know what i have

On Cats i think I might have bought one or two if it was in luna