• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Best Tactics for Fighting Leviathan?

D

DVDA

I havent thrown a white net in years so I was wondering what the best tactic for fighting Leviathan is these days?

Is it still the "Bucc's Den chuck and run trick?" or has another "interesting" way been developed?

Going to stock up on Fabled nets, I've wanted a Ghost Ship Anchor for as long as I can remember but never got one and the price never seems to go down.

B

Beastmaster

I know you are a recently returning player so I'll throw this out there in case you haven't read it elsewhere.

Throwing a white net now has a chance of summoning Scalis instead of a leviathan. Scalis is a new boss encounter. So far I haven't seen anyone post that they have soloed him.

D

Destiny<3

You can also do White Nets off the Magincia docks. Greater dragons work very well on the Levithian. I use my archer and go with some tamer friends and we do pretty well. I got my first ghost anchor finally a few months ago after years of waiting. Good luck!

D

DVDA

You can also do White Nets off the Magincia docks. Greater dragons work very well on the Levithian. I use my archer and go with some tamer friends and we do pretty well. I got my first ghost anchor finally a few months ago after years of waiting. Good luck!
Thanks, I am an archer so I will try to grab 2 tamers and give this a try :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you are a recently returning player so I'll throw this out there in case you haven't read it elsewhere.

Throwing a white net now has a chance of summoning Scalis instead of a leviathan. Scalis is a new boss encounter. So far I haven't seen anyone post that they have soloed him.

I think that Scalis should have a net of its own, separate from the Leviathan.

Since the Leavithan can be soloed, but Scalis cannot, if a player is not prepared to fight Scalis with a group and a Scalis shows up, that is a wasted white net for the player......

On the contrary, if Scalis had a Net of its own, players could prepare for either fight accordingly, as they see best fit.

D

DVDA

I think that Scalis should have a net of its own, separate from the Leviathan.

Since the Leavithan can be soloed, but Scalis cannot, if a player is not prepared to fight Scalis with a group and a Scalis shows up, that is a wasted white net for the player......

On the contrary, if Scalis had a Net of its own, players could prepare for either fight accordingly, as they see best fit.
This has my seal of approval

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think you should be able to do white nets from zento docks too - they also are considered deep water.