• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Stats for Training Mage Suits

Valeria

Visitor
Returning player from roughly 2000. Forgot a lot, remembering more, still enjoying it.

I've figured out a way to have a mildly profitable vendor. Trying to determine the best stats for a Training Mage Suit so I can provide higher volume of desirable stat suits. Making only mage suits to start with.

All suits start with 100LRC 40LMC.

Trying to tweak the importance order of the following stats for mage training suits (or does it even matter?)
MI
MR
SDI
FCR
FC
INT
LUCK
RPD
DCI
HPR
RESISTS

I try to get all suits 70+RESISTS, but is that even important with a training suit?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Returning player from roughly 2000. Forgot a lot, remembering more, still enjoying it.

I've figured out a way to have a mildly profitable vendor. Trying to determine the best stats for a Training Mage Suit so I can provide higher volume of desirable stat suits. Making only mage suits to start with.

All suits start with 100LRC 40LMC.

Trying to tweak the importance order of the following stats for mage training suits (or does it even matter?)
MI
MR
SDI
FCR
FC
INT
LUCK
RPD
DCI
HPR
RESISTS

I try to get all suits 70+RESISTS, but is that even important with a training suit?
Trainer - 100 lrc, max lmc, mana inc, MR. I used to make a "trainer" and "starter" suits all the time but lost interest. Trainer no resists (MR more important), starter suits max resist.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember the following:

Medable, 100%+ LRC.
Max LMC is 40%
Mana Regen caps at 30, but is diminishing returns as you get closer to the cap.
Int Bonus (which also gives equivalent mana) is limited to whatever it takes to have the character hit 150. So, provided the purchaser intends to go all the way to 125, you probably don't need to have more than +25 Int on a suit.
MI adds on mana when Int no longer does. As a result, an elf can easily get over 200 mana (150 Int, +20 mana from race, the rest from MI).

FC & FCR really don't matter as much as you think for training with spells over 6th level, as even at 200 mana and max MR & LMC, you'll only get 7-8 eighth circle spells off before you have to stop to regen/med.
SDI doesn't factor into training.
HPR and resists only come into play if targeting yourself with spells as part of training, or if the user is going to also use the suit for training Resisting Spells. None of the other things really play into it.

Remember that there are shields that can have Mana regen and other bonuses on it, and spellbooks as well.

The same suits for mage training also work for Mystics, Weavers, and (to a lesser extent) Necromancers. Necromancers tend to target themselves (or cast transformation spells) more for gains than the other types, so may need more resists.
If training Weaving, while casting Word of Death on self works, you have to learn to stop before you get too low heath and hit the "massive damage" threshold.
Warnings to these effects might be worth including in a book included with the suit.

Valeria

Visitor
Yup, all great points. Appreciate it. I was taking skill caps into account, just unsure which stats were the most valuable after LRC & LMC.

My next three most important were MI, MR & SDI. It appears SDI is not important in a training suit as I've not received feedback about it. So I'll scratch SDI from the important list.

Next I had FCR & FC, but your position is that they don't help much on the higher end of training -- that was news to me. I had not considered that aspect.

Someone mentioned HPR as being important so I bumped it up the list.

So my tweaked list of important mage-mystic-weaver suit skills, in order of descending importance, is as follows. See any glaring errors?
LRC (100)
LMC (40)
INT (25)
MI
MR (30)
HPR (18)
FCR (6)
FC (4)
RS
MED

Really appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
FC is capped at 2 once you get above 70, for all skills except (I think) Chivalry.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
FC is capped at 2 once you get above 70, for all skills except (I think) Chivalry.
Chiv,Bush,ninja, and sw can go to 4fc I believe as long as you dont have 70+ magery.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
for a mage training suit I would not bother putting so much effort into it, keep some soul stones, remove any skills you dont need for training, put necro and ss on the template, necro gm, cast lich form and get the mana regen bonus from that, cast summon fam from necro get a wisp, so long as you have neg karma, then cast away doing your spells, yes if your doing myst your gonna wanna do stone form at some point, but its well worth having the necro and ss on the temp for all the other spells, you can then put all the other effort into making a pvm or pvp suit for yourself,

have fun training