• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best selling smith items?

U

uo addict

When my Smith started, the best selling items were Hallies!

Since the new items came out, and the special moves, what are the most popular items now?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smith Crafted? Fast-swinging weapons that do the most DPS (Damage Per Second).

Specials play a part as well.

Twinkling Scimitars, Heavy Ornate Axes, Silver Etched-Maces, and Diamond Maces are my best sellers of the ML stuff. Of the old-school weapons, it's Katanas and War Forks.

C

Caveman

Do people use crafted metal armor anymore? Thinking about returning...so I can't just log in and see...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seen you posted on the Siege forums. If you're planning on playing Siege Perilous then yes people do wear a lot of crafted armor, some of it metal.

Since mana is so important to most all templates nowadays, most prefer to have armor which can be meditated in. Most of the Samurai Empire metal armor that came out is automatically mage armor, which allows for passive and active meditation.

The old skool plate armor is much less commonly worn.

On regular production shards barbed kit made leather armor is way more common than any type of metal armor other than artifacts.

E

eolsunder1

metal crafted armor will make a small comeback due to the new changes in runic hammers, but currently leather armor is 1000x as popular as metal.

1) Leather runic armor has equal values to metal
2) Leather armor is mediable
3) Runic leather armor is 10x as cheap to make as metal

barbed kit costs 2.5 mil. verite/valorite hammer easily 10x as much, plus barbed kits much easier to get.

With the new runic changes, warrior mana regen armor will be much more easier to get, luck armor, etc. You can easily make a decent suit of 2 mana regen armor, or 135+ luck armor now even with dull copperish hammers. So basic luck suits/mana regen suits or even 70 resist armor will be pretty easy with runics now. With arms lore ive even started seeing 90+ resist armor pieces popping up quite common.

P

paladin33

<blockquote><hr>

metal crafted armor will make a small comeback due to the new changes in runic hammers, but currently leather armor is 1000x as popular as metal.

1) Leather runic armor has equal values to metal
2) Leather armor is mediable
3) Runic leather armor is 10x as cheap to make as metal

barbed kit costs 2.5 mil. verite/valorite hammer easily 10x as much, plus barbed kits much easier to get.

With the new runic changes, warrior mana regen armor will be much more easier to get, luck armor, etc. You can easily make a decent suit of 2 mana regen armor, or 135+ luck armor now even with dull copperish hammers. So basic luck suits/mana regen suits or even 70 resist armor will be pretty easy with runics now. With arms lore ive even started seeing 90+ resist armor pieces popping up quite common.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but now it's impossible to create a a good armor in leather like before.

Your best runic tailor items = a copper runic hammer.

So in futur , the best armor will be valorite runic plate armor.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

yes but now it's impossible to create a a good armor in leather like before.

Your best runic tailor items = a copper runic hammer.

So in futur<font color="red">e</font>, the best armor will be valorite runic plate armor.

[/ QUOTE ]No. That's not accurate. It is not possible to make armor as good with a copper runic as you can with a Barbed Runic. A copper Runic only has 2 or 3 properties and you have to make SE armor to make it Mage Armor, while a Barbed kit has 4 or 5. The most resists you'll ever get with a Copper Runic is 84. The most with a Barbed Kit: 115 (116 if you make studded or bone). Remember, they also boosted the intensities on Runic Sewing kits as well.

Valorite Hammers will never be common enough to use for anything but weapons. Even with the recent changes, I've earned 0 BODs towards a Val hammer. I've earned 5 or 6 Barbed LBODS and numerous smalls.

S

sean_lo

What the hell are you talking about.

Barbed kit = 50-100% intensity, 5 properties.
valorite hammer =90-100% intensity, 5 properties.

Barbed kit is now 2 mil. Available readily. Valorite is 30-50 mil and only available on select servers.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Based on another thread elsewhere I responded to this person, they have some truly whacked out ideas that tailor runics got hit by an uber-nerf-stick, and that certain weapon properties were as well, in a publish that occurred SINCE the one that boosted all runics. They also seem to think that HCI was spawning on shields up until the most recent publish.

For the life of me, I can't figure out where that idea could have come from. The only thing that would make sense is that they've been playing a freeshard, and that freeshard changed their runics in light of what was occurring on the legal ones.