• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best sampire weapons and skills against Scalis?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone can cast the net. Skill makes no difference. A guy on LS is very lucky he can always get one in 3 casts. Others can cast 10 and not get one.

We use tamers and distance damages.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Anyone can cast the net. Skill makes no difference. A guy on LS is very lucky he can always get one in 3 casts. Others can cast 10 and not get one.

We use tamers and distance damages.
Is there not a chance of getting drops based on fishing skill of person who drops the net?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there not a chance of getting drops based on fishing skill of person who drops the net?
No. That's more like charbydis.

Scalis drops are based on top damages and RNG.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sampire is a non starter with Scalis, he has tainted life leech, you will kill yourself. You will want the Healing skill or bring a dedicated healer.

In terms of weapon, scalis is on the edge of either Armour Ignore (AI) or Double Strike (DS) being optimal. If you have the likes of a Disco Bard or a beetle with rune corruption to lower his resists, go with DS otherwise go with AI. Physical is generally his lowest resist so no need to worry about reforging for elements.

For weapon mods as a minimum you will want Stamina Leech and as high as possible Mana Leech. After those it's fairly flexible but I'd recommend a combination of Hit Lower Attack (Assuming HLD on helm), Hit Fatigue and/or Hit Mana Drain. He has no slayer vulnerability so forget about that. Possibly even put a Hit Area effect which will deal with the summoned eels quickly.

Not to forget your biggest weapon, ship cannons! Use them, speeds up the encounter massively. Might be awkward in a larger group as he target switches but in a small group it cuts the fight time by half or more.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sampire is a non starter with Scalis, he has tainted life leech, you will kill yourself. You will want the Healing skill or bring a dedicated healer.

In terms of weapon, scalis is on the edge of either Armour Ignore (AI) or Double Strike (DS) being optimal. If you have the likes of a Disco Bard or a beetle with rune corruption to lower his resists, go with DS otherwise go with AI. Physical is generally his lowest resist so no need to worry about reforging for elements.

For weapon mods as a minimum you will want Stamina Leech and as high as possible Mana Leech. After those it's fairly flexible but I'd recommend a combination of Hit Lower Attack (Assuming HLD on helm), Hit Fatigue and/or Hit Mana Drain. He has no slayer vulnerability so forget about that. Possibly even put a Hit Area effect which will deal with the summoned eels quickly.

Not to forget your biggest weapon, ship cannons! Use them, speeds up the encounter massively. Might be awkward in a larger group as he target switches but in a small group it cuts the fight time by half or more.
Have a bard running Provo mastery shooting cannon!! Or a necro using evil omen!!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As others have said, Sampires simply cannot fight with Scalis. He will one hit kill you in melee action. It's simply not a template that works for this boss.

The two builds I have success with are my Mage Tamer Spellweaver and my Mystic Mage Spellweaver. You want a tank that can take some of the heat off of you, so pets or summons are good for that. From 100 to 30% life, just keep hitting E-bolts, using Wild Fire against the on-land spawn, chain lightning against the in water spawn. Once he is in Word of Death range, switch on as much SDI as possible and cast whatever SDI buffs you have, and just nuke away. Scalis has enough health that you can probably nuke all your mana, recharge it back to max, and keep nuking with WoD. I've gotten quite a few Small Soul Forges over the years with this method.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tamer/weaver does well (I will use a disco pet if a bard isn't there). If you want to use a warrior then I'd use an archer/thrower. I've seen this quite a bit on ATL and the typical weapon the archers will use is the Bow of Infinite Swarm as it has SSI/ML.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Tamer/weaver does well (I will use a disco pet if a bard isn't there). If you want to use a warrior then I'd use an archer/thrower. I've seen this quite a bit on ATL and the typical weapon the archers will use is the Bow of Infinite Swarm as it has SSI/ML.
Thrower can use this bow too. Vrulkax can alter it

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When i fight Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer with my guild, i'm either using my Disco/Tamer with his RC+AP Fire Beetle along with my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © and his 120 Disco+CB Triton for massive debuffs to drop the boss fast, or i use my Chiv/Thrower with a Bane Soul Glaive.