• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Roof Pet Duo

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Currently I am duoing roof effectively with a Triton (Ai/Chiv/WW) and Cu (disco/Ai). Even with this duo it still takes some time. Is there a best pet build & combo to do roof the quickest with?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Likely Chiv+AI Triton with a RC Beetle (Fire Beetle or Frost Mite). Best if one of the Tamers also has Disco skill.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
That is what I and a friend do on LS. I run a RC/AI frost mite (many Shadowguard bosses have rubbish cold resists) and he runs a Chiv/AI bane dragon. It works very well. I am a bard with peacemaking/discord, so I run the peace mastery songs and discord all bosses except Virtuebane, who is immune.

I wonder if - with just two pets - a couple Chiv/AI tritons might be better. The rune corruption debuff works better the more pets/characters who can take advantage of it. With just two, it might not be worth it. The frost mite is my only full-scrolled pet, so that's why I use it - but if I had a scrolled-up triton I might use it instead. With 4 or more, I would think the rune corruption debuff would more than pay for itself versus a more damaging pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I take my giant beetle with me nearly every time for the RC, plus I can haul out around 300k gold between the beetle and my pack.

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the replies. I will finish up my RC giant beetle and see how that works.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have two boxed roof hundreds of times with two tamers. What i found works best is chiv ai dog and fzww giant beetle. I didnt see the need for rc on the beetle since your mostly worried about containing spawn, honestly any aoe pet with diff dmg than the other pet will work. I tried a few diff tamer builds. Ultimately having provo makes the rooms go very quickly. I settled for two bard set up, although i switch on eval over disco on one of them for the rooms. So chars are:
char 1:
taming, lore, magery, music, peacemaking, disco, as much med as can fit.
char 2:
taming, lore, magery, eval, music, provo, as much med as can fit.
I would often remove eval before actual roof and switch for disco to have two attempts on both chars, once juonar is discoed that fight is over, hes the toughest one for two tamer set up. I switch on luck suit right before the end. This allows you to get alot of med on the build. Running both bard masteries does pretty much all the healing you need. Your main concern becomes retargeting by virtuebane and pull in with juonar. Best way to handle this is to have one char always have an invis ready, other char will be main and do any needed healing and invis on fly if needed. With all this said....Make a sampire and use provo/disco tamer. I love the two tamer set up, its fun but tamer sampire is about twice as quick. For that build i take sampire: 120 swrods, 120 tac, 120 parry, 120 bush, 100 necro, 120 chiv, 20 anat. I also take chiv ai dog and provo/disco tamer. Tamer only does disco and keep bard mastery up. Sampire does all work, takes a bit to get used to but its easy once you have it down. Just gotta watch bloodoath by juonar, i carry apples and have it ready to go off right away. GL!

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
One more thing if you go the sampire way. Youll get used to the timing of add spawns, throwing up evasion can be a life saver, also switching from boss to adds will increase your chance to hit. GL Should be able to pull all rooms and roof off in ~hour.