• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Race Mystic/Bard

Retlaw of Vesper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trained up a Mystic/Bard as human, but now that I have max skills am wondering if Gargoyle would be better?

I can't cast RC while mounted, which depending on spawn means I can't use it as much as I'd maybe like. MR2 should make up for the JOAT loss of meditation. The extra carry weight while human will be missed but not a deal breaker. I also have imbuing on soul stone, so the slight success boost may be nice.

I play Siege and only wear basic LRC gear, so the cool human only arties don't matter. JOAT skills like hide or repair items is nice but again not necessary. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a human, you can always switch between human/elf, but not so with a gargoyle (something to think about with the single character rule on SP). The JOAT skills are really handy on SP. I know I would miss them on my character. Have you considered being an elf (night sight, no JOAT, +20 mana, no bonus carry weight, can wear elf and human gear)? http://www.uoguide.com/Races

The gargoyle bonus to imbuing makes a difference when imbuing a 4th and 5th maximum intensity property.

Since there are no direct benefits of any race on bardic skills, I think it is personal preference. You can remake your character on Test Center, to try out the races before you decide.

Stayin Alive,

BG