• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best PVP Weapon

D

drew1

Hello folks. I've decided to give pvp a try. I have been reading this forum and have been building my character and suit based on what I have been reading. I am however still confused about a weapon. Let me just outline my Character:

Anat 100
Chiv 80
Healing 103 on the way to 110
Mace 115
Parry 100
Resist 101 on the way to 105
Tactics 100

Str 101
Dex 110
Int 44

I have an all 70s suit with lots of mods focusing on DCI and HCI. Also have MR and MI

I have a diamond mace with 66% Hit Life Leach and 12% DCI which brings me to my 45% dci. It also has the standard 40% DI and does 100% Phy Damage.

Now this guy is pretty good at pvm, and I think that I will do ok defending myself in pvp, but is this weapon gonna do any damage in pvp? I like to carry a shield and I am finding that being a macer and carrying a shield is difficult. I have a swordsman with a soul seeker and that's all I really need, but there doesn't seem to be a single, really good, mace weapon.

Any thoughts?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With dexterity at only 110, your choices are rather limited. You want to reach the maximum swing rate (1 swing every 1.25 seconds) while doing the most damage (AKA: Damage per second or DPS). At 110 Dexterity (what's your stamina?) and without SSI, a Tessen, Tetsubo, or Wild Staff would be your best mace weapon choices. The first 2 are 2-handed and since you aren't a Samurai, you want to stay away from them (also because the specials require the Samurai Skill as well). Actually even the primary special for the Wild Staff requires Samurai. Have you considered a Bushido Dexxor for PvP? Bushido is actually a little more helpful in PvP than Chivalry.

If I were you, I'd pump up my Dex/Stamina as High as I could go, then find a nice Diamond Mace with some SSI on it. You'll be happy you did.

D

drew1

My Stamina is 122. I have never used Bushido. As a matter of fact, I have no idea what it does. Do you think I should dump chiv? How do I recall?

BTW Thanks for the comments.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd have to recall by having a charged Rune Book.

There's alot of good stuff about Bushido in the Samurai Forum. The special Samurai abilities can be found here.

1) Parry. If you use a 2-handed weapon and have Parry and Bushido, you'll be able to parry up to 40% of all blows, which is more than the 34% you'll do without bushido.

2) Evasion helps to parry magical attacks

3) Perfection can double the damage you do, and also get you extra luck if you PvM.

4) Lightning Strike is a very powerful attack that pretty much is guaranteed to land.

D

drew1

Well I guess I have some research to do as well as rethinking my character. Thanks for the advise AND the info.