• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best PvM weapons?

• Thread starter imported_xStrikerx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_xStrikerx

I've had trouble deciding on what weapon to choose and stick with. A diamond mace or ornate axe with high leeches and SSI would be great but would cost a fortune. A hatchet, crescent blade, double axe, or radiant scimitar also seem to have decent damage and specials. The problem is it doesnt appear people craft these much, so finding a good one will be quite difficult. Same thing with spears and pikes. Black staffs are good but not craftable.
War forks and krysses are everywhere but dont have great PvM specials and have less damage.

I guess what I'm asking is, what weapon do you use and why? Also, are weapon specials important or am I placing too much weight on them?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are on Napa or Pacific, I have a ton of Twinkling Scimitars (Radiant Scimitars with an extra DCI 6%).

To me, it's the perfect sword weapon for a Paladin in PvM. It swings naturally at 1.25 seconds with 150 Stamina. It does decent damage and its specials, Whirlwind and Bladeweave, are perfect for PvM.

T

Trukx

If you take a look at Setnaffa's DPS chart on a near-by thread, you can see why a lot of people use ornates/runeblades and diamond maces........overall you do the most damage per second if you are swinging them fast enough. Cant emphasize the last part enough, that chart is for the best case on the weapon. That said, there are a handful of other weapons that I like and use occasionally (but not that often anymore).

My thinking on that goes like this.....if you cant get one of the 'great' ones in the mods you want, you can often find others, in which case for me specials moves become a little bit more important because the damage output is usually lower. Katanas......i still love them. Back when they were god i crafted tons of them and have some nice ones w/ really nice mods. Lets you move some of your dex to str or int because they swing fast. If you can get one w/ a good slayer and HLD/mana leech you can do some serious damage w/ the use of double strike and AI. Radiant Scim's (Twinkler in particular) are great for spawns and doom with whirlwind special. Mana leech is essential on these (life or stamina is a bonus).

Right now i use a wicked ornate that I found on Lady M a few months back (50+mana/life/stam, 30 SSI and 38DI). Ive made a handful of really nice Mages Rune Blades as well that i use. The specials on both kind of suck for PvM, but the damage is nuts (see discussion on that same DPS chart thread).

I

imported_xStrikerx

I used that DPS chart to come up with my post above. It is really awesome (ty Setnaffa
). I added a few things including weapon skill, hands, and special moves to my table for more options.

Also, I'm on LS. And a certain search site shows 0 twinkling scimitars in luna and only 14 radiant scimitars

Right now I'm using a katana with 45 hml, 48 hsl, 40 DI and a cresent blade with 60 hml, 46 hsl, 38 DI.

S

Saysimba

Still lookin' fer me club that has all the specials. Now dat would be nice.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

If you are on Napa or Pacific, I have a ton of Twinkling Scimitars (Radiant Scimitars with an extra DCI 6%).

To me, it's the perfect sword weapon for a Paladin in PvM. It swings naturally at 1.25 seconds with 150 Stamina. It does decent damage and its specials, Whirlwind and Bladeweave, are perfect for PvM.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got one with SL, ML &amp; SSI?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Still lookin' fer me club that has all the specials. Now dat would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

What mods are you looking for on a club? I got a very nice one from a Shadowlord recently. I'd tell ya the mods, but it's server down...