• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best PvM warrior template

T

thepoom

Hi guys

I am a returning player, i retired in AoS. Back then everyone knew the highest damage PvM char was the Swords/fencing dexer paladin (or maybe tamer)

What is it now? I read the article about Sampire saying it is the best , but not sure if things have changed since it was written

C

Connor_Graham

Nothing has changed. The sampire is still king of the hill.

B

BadManiac

Highest Damage is probably the ABC Archer. Best overall template considering damage output and survivability goes to the "Sampire".

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'll cast another vote for either ABC archer or sampire. Depends on how you like to play.

Personally, I like the ABC archer. I've always liked playing archer toons - it suits my irl personality. In contrast, my buddy Lion, being more of in-your-face personality, would choose the sampy.

Either way, you've got a strong template.

M

Myrtne

I'm a returning player and still a newbie (didn't play much before tough) and i'm restarting from 0.

I've followed the path of the Paladin since i think it's a nice way to do some money at first.
Not sure about the template though.

This is my idea for the char

95 STR 90 DEX 45 INT (230 stat cap)

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Parrying
100 Anatomy
100 Resisting Spells
100 Chivalry
100 Healing

(only 700 skill cap)

Not sure if it's a good template to enjoy most of the PvM part of the game.
Any skill that should be raised to 120 and any to be drop to another level?

Thanks in advance ;)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
At minimum, I would recommend that you raise swords and parry to 120. You can safely drop chivalry to 75 or 80. Also, on a PvM template, I think that you should drop magic resist altogether and invest the skill points into something more useful - e.g., raising swords, tactics, parry, and/or adding a bit of meditation.

M

Myrtne

Will i be able to survive spell based mobs with appropriate equipment?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Resisting spells no longer mutes spell damages, as it once it. It simply lessens the chance that you'll be hit with poison or a stat-affecting spell. With chivalry, you'll be able to use "remove curse" to remove the effects of these kinds of spells.

N

northwoodschopper

when dropping resisting spells, just remember that you'll need to anticipate a lot of poisonings. for vamps, it's not a problem -- spellcasters can't cast lethal poison, and vamps resist the rest. for the rest, unless you're using orange petals, you have a high chance of having your heals interupted at the worst time. just make sure you're really quick with cure potions or cleanse by fire to prevent this as much as possible.